WeightNoMore Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    So happy to see so many new members joining our team! Welcome everyone!

After 2 days of eating so much over the weekend I got back on track yesterday and it was tough. After only 2 days. I think it'll take me a couple more days for my body to adjust. Keeping my fingers crossed that the scale is not too hard on me by the time I weigh in on Friday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @GGT1966 :)
  • crhillis
    crhillis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! Excited to join!

Are people in this group doing a particular eating plan or exercise plan for January? Or tracking calories?

Also- could someone share the Dropbox link for the spreadsheet with checkboxes for healthy habits you want to build?
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi @crhillis!

I'm new to WNM too. I'm taking Ozempic and tracking my calories. I've tried everything under the sun, and I'm hoping to be successful this time.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps

Sunday: 12301
    Monday: 9566
    Tuesday: 7938
    Wednesday: 6917
    Thursday: 9872
    Friday: 10510
    Saturday: 12025
    TOTAL: 69129

I think I am ready to come back. I feel more ready in the mornings when everything seems possible. I do not feel ready, not at all, in the evenings, when nothing seems to make any sense. But I think it's about time. My goal for January (starting already a couple days early because why wait until Sunday) is NOT to eat after 5 pm. That's usually the time when my eating controls get muted, turn off, stop working.

I would also like to change my weigh-in days to Tuesdays so that I post my steps and CW in one post - should I already post the weight today (155.9) or wait till Friday (current weigh day) and switch to Tuesday next week?
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    Hi! Excited to join!

Are people in this group doing a particular eating plan or exercise plan for January? Or tracking calories?

Also- could someone share the Dropbox link for the spreadsheet with checkboxes for healthy habits you want to build?

@crhillis Welcome! I've been doing weight watcher's for about 6 weeks but I'm not crazy about it. It's nothing like it used to be the last time I used it 20 years ago. Since January I've tracked calories and tried to keep my net carbs at 40% or less per day using just MFP. I'm currently doing both and when my WW membership ends I won't be renewing it and will be going back to just using MFP since that's what has worked best for me. I also exercise for 30-60 minutes daily, primarily cardio but also light weights a couple times per week.

Here's the post where the link to the habit tracker spreadsheet is posted. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-december-2022-january-2023#latest

Hope this helps.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    @crhillis hi, I don't follow plans very well but, for a long time, I did enter everything I ate and drank into MFP to get an idea of calorie content and portions. Then I started paying attention to the calorie deficit (what is consumed versus what is burned) and aiming for 500+ deficit per day/3500 per week. For me, this makes sense in the process kid losing weight. Added to this, I do stretching, toning, exercises and walking.
  • Iamafrespirit
    Iamafrespirit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning from snowy Canada,
    I am viewing today as my first "official day" back with MFP after a long time away. I did my weight this morning and only 2lbs more than what I was anticipating - could be worse. I am feeling very motivated and spent time this morning organizing my fridge / freezer with some healthier foods.
    I also signed up for my first body chair fitness class. I have some bad knee problems and thought this might be a good alternative to the swimming that I normally do.

Really looking forward to January challenge starting and getting to know everyone.
    Cheryl
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I think I am ready to come back. I feel more ready in the mornings when everything seems possible. I do not feel ready, not at all, in the evenings, when nothing seems to make any sense. But I think it's about time. My goal for January (starting already a couple days early because why wait until Sunday) is NOT to eat after 5 pm. That's usually the time when my eating controls get muted, turn off, stop working.

I would also like to change my weigh-in days to Tuesdays so that I post my steps and CW in one post - should I already post the weight today (155.9) or wait till Friday (current weigh day) and switch to Tuesday next week?

I've got you set to come back for January! Glad to see you're re-joining the standard weight-loss team! Today's weigh-in has been recorded - no need to weigh in on Friday unless you want to.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Steps Results

I am going to delay making the steps results post until Friday. Be sure to get your steps in from the week leading up to Christmas (Dec 18th - 24th) before I tabulate all of the counts.
  • melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430 Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 2475
    Mon 5741
    Tues 2720
    Wed 4087
    Th 9267
    Fri 3437
    Sat 3114