Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Buterfly Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@FushiaKat Those are great goals Kat! I got into decluttering when I hit maintenance too, I wonder if it's because it gives the visual representation of change that we aren't getting while losing weight or if it's just improving one area spreading into others? Probably a little of both. I belong to a few decluttering groups on Facebook but slacked off not being able to take things in, I should copy you and start up again this upcoming year.

@19shmoo69 Have you ever had Trader Joe's sweet and spicy jalapenos? They're great on everything, I just had them on pizza! I added a few new hot peppers to my garden but was scared to try the “Death Spiral” after @FushiaKat posted a guide how you should pick them and handle with gloves on! I dehydrated them at least. The Thai one is good, small but quite a kick! My boyfriend makes his own hot sauces and was saying the Thai ones are usually just used in cooking then removed before eating which I have to try.

@bethanie0825 I get a kick out of Bob and Brad, they have great tips!

@Amber'sWay That sounds like an awesome food processor! LOL I asked on my feed if it was acceptable to log 30 minutes of using a dryer brush on my hair, it weighs a lot, I bet a garment steamer is pretty heavy too after a bit. Definitely think twice about steaming all your clothes after lifting arm weights! Happy anniversary! I'll be going to my brother's, we do German good-luck pork/sourkraut on the 1st (I started here 2019 on the 2nd because of our tradition!).

Hi Slimpossibles, I was able to come in the front door and not click on notifications to get here so MFP fixed the group problem pretty fast. I couldn't sleep at all last night and had nachos at 4AM, I'm embarrassed to post that on my feed but can tell you all! I still have some junk in the house, I'm trying not to throw caution to the wind until the 2nd but it's super tempting. I have a bunch of food that's ready to go bad (mostly veggies) so I need to switch over to healthier eating, the unhealthy stuff won't go bad as fast but is WAY more tempting since I usually don't have it in the house for a reason. I did my workout and subtracted a bit because I'm pretty flared up but finished my yoga challenge so I feel good about that. Had salad for lunch and homemade pizza for dinner so as long as I fall asleep soon I'm under calories and feeling a bit better. For my no-zero I got in my workout, ate better, and finished my yoga challenge.

We're going to slay No-Zero 2023!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

DrewsAnna
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 157.1
    CW: 158.7

Blah, cookies and pie, cookies and pie, cookies and pie. The pie is now gone but, there is tons of cookies. I do good all day long and then as soon as I'm done eating dinner I start eating cookies. Gah.... I think next year I will only make half batches of cookies.

The last couple days I did finally do some exercising. I did a 1-mile walking workout on Tuesday and did some hiking in the Preserve across the street from me yesterday with my best buddy and my grandbeauty.

I have gained about 20 lbs., since my problems started in the early spring and I just have struggled getting back on track. Now, it seems like everything hurts. I know it's because I'm out of shape so, I have to work to become stronger.

909oq1moobjj.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 235
    CW: 238

Gained 3 lbs due to lack of discipline during the holidays. Next week will be better, hopefully at least -1 lbs
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 165.2
    CW: 165.0
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all - got my new walking boots for the new year B)

davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:240.3
    CW:241.4
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 136.6
    CW: 136.6
    One holiday over and one to go!
    Got the crud that’s going around, so my walking was significantly affected and skipped the weekly abs challenge. I drank my weight in tea this past week (NOT a tea person), involuntary leaving less stomach space for the heavy foods 😂.

@davidji82 - excellent present to the current and future self- new walking boots.

Happy New Year teammates!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you! I hope it's not just another app that I abandon in a week lol. I'm glad you are feeling better as far as your cold goes. Good job with the yoga challenge! You must feel really good after the yoga. I think we should go for a No Zero 2023!!! I love nachos. Maybe not at 4am as that would be breakfast for me (I get up at 4).

@19shmoo69 I love Pad Thai, ties as my favorite Thai dish (Pad See Ew is my other one). One of my best friends asks for an 8 on a scale of 1-10, sometimes 10. I don't know how you guys do that! LOL

@Becoming_A_Buterfly Welcome to the team!

@AmbersWay Thank you! Your new food processor sounds like a great tool for your weight loss journey. Everything counts for exercise! :D As far as my meal for New Years, I am not making anything healthy, NYE I am making pulled pork sliders with potato salad. For New Years Day, I have to eat pork and sauerkraut for good luck, so I am making Sheet Pan Sausage and Sauerkraut. Next week's menu is healthier than that after the New Year celebration. We are also staying home for the holiday. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

@DrewsAnna I also got into cookies this week. Hey, it happens. Today is a new day! Great job with the exercise! Cute pictures, looks like everyone is having fun.

@davors19 Overall, you have been so consistent, always losing. Be kind to yourself. You've got this!

@davidji82 Enjoy your new walking boots!

Hi all. I had a gain of 1.4 lbs this week but I did lose 2.4 lbs in December, so I'm not too upset about the gain. I have the house to myself tonight, my husband has a family commitment, so I will do some crafting and movie-watching.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank 60 oz of water, ate my spaghetti on a salad plate and didn't eat all of it.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 228.6

LTD: 19.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    Oh forgot to post this:
    Here is a link on how to do a year-end review. It may be of interest to some of you
    https://www.becomingwhoyouare.net/how-to-do-a-personal-end-of-year-review/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ...You have a returning member joining your lovely team ... Please welcome back @micaroo4 :)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 172.3
    CW: 173.5

+1.2

Too many cookies..... ready to start the new year strong!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    The new team chat thread is open! Please continue to post weigh-ins and exercise stats here, and head over to January for introductions, plans, and dreams -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880587/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-january-2023/p1?new=1
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

PW: 73.8
    CW: 74.0

Hi everyone, just reporting in - things are busy! Doing okay, happy to be hovering, have a good one 👋
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day

Bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 240?
    CW - 242.4

One thing I did manage to maintain during December, is I continued taking my vitamins. I discovered digestive enzymes courtesy of the TikTok and that very made a huge, positive difference in the bathroom department :lol:
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @trooworld oh Pad Thai!!! Around here the spice level is 0-6 and I ask for 8.
    @Katmary71 I was just asking in general. I've met people that hate spicy food but want the their pinto beans with so much hot sauce their nose runs.

The Pad Thai scale at my local place is 1-10. I always ask for 10. Never thought to ask for an 11 or 12...
    I was served by the owner the first two or three times and I got the impression she didn't believe me (and in hindsight I'm not sure I truly got a "10"). She came to recognize me in future visits (even though I only go once 2-3 months) and it's gotten hotter, imo, as she now believes the legitimacy of my request.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    utf74h0gnejr.gif

Happy New Year!

Looking to wrap up weigh-ins for December:

@vegan4lyfe2012
    @jamaicanlady
    @bookgurldia7
    @soaness

and due today:

@askewcr
    @digger61
    @gemwolf110

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee - I'm sorry I keep getting sidetracked with posting my weigh ins lately. I'm going to make a concerted effort to do better.

vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 189.0
    CW: 193.0
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 216
    Todays Weight: 220
  • gemwolf110