Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
2ujzw9ne0lz2.png
Happy New Year! Here is your Team chat room for January 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

This month's F2F goal? Let's not be that dreaded drop-out statistic! Stick with your new year energy and follow through. As a team we can do it!

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The January challenge runs from January 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Quick Intro

Mom of 3 (25, 20 and 13) and 29 years married (🎉 12/31)
    WL plan: low carb (no bread), higher protein, more water, more steps and no pressure, just follow the plan.
    I love to cook, have a good laugh and keep up with the kids.

Previously, When I lost weight I finally found my rhythm. I would lose daily (ish) for a week and then go 3-4 weeks with a mean plateau. Now that I learned that, I don’t feel defeated like years before. I also learned that as soon as I add bread type carbs, my weight loss will stall, even if my calories are low.
    I’ve cut out the bread this week, cut the coffee (please send help or coffee 😜), and have felt more energetic due to not having spikes and crashes.
    I hope I can follow the same plan as before and it works again. My difference is I won’t be in the gym 5 days a week, I plan on getting a new bike and treadmill for the house. Any recommendations for a great treadmill?

No Zero day (thanks for sharing the link)

I closed my activity rings on my watch, did some major decluttering and rearranging and stuck to my plan today.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi @AmbersWay, have you considered decaf? People laugh but I went decaf years ago and means I can still enjoy the morning ritual and social gatherings without the effects. I found a good local fresh-roasted bean supplier and grind as I go so it’s still fresh and smells/tastes like “good” coffee.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,713 Member
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossibles, happy 2023 of No Zero Days! I'm Kathy, I'm 51 and I live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats Jasper and Asher. I started in this group early in 2019 and have been here ever since, I became a motivator for our team at the end of that year and love this group and Mission Slimpossibles. Our team captains are the wonderful @trooworld and @broncobuddee . I lost weight to deal with health issues which are mostly under control aside of a few chronic pain issues I've been dealing with for a few decades, sometime next year I'll be doing a spinal cord stimulator trial to see if it helps my mobility and pain levels. I do some part-time work for my brother then volunteer at the food bank farm and a local charity I'm on the board of plus spend a lot of time in my own garden. Luckily I love reading so I'm not completely out of things to do right now! I lost weight cutting back carbs and sugar (diabetic) and working out daily plus counting calories, these days I do chair cardio, strength training, stretching/yoga, then short dances as I can't stand for long. My boyfriend lives about 120 miles away and I'm struggling a bit with being in a relationship and going out more often than I used to as eating out and being in a happy relationship aren't usually too healthy! Let's have a wonderful January team!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,713 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Way to go on still exercising, you're doing better than you think! It's hard getting back on track but I know you can do it.

@davors19 You got this!

@daviddji82 Someone will be doing a lot of steps from the sound of things, enjoy the new boots!

@GabiV125 Hey the tea trick sounds like it worked, hope you're feeling better! Happy New Year!

@trooworld You know me, I'm down for a no zero year even if I miss a few around my surgery later in the year! You did well for the holidays, way to go on the loss for December! Enjoy having the house to yourself.

@micaroo4 Welcome back my friend, great to see you! Sounds like some great goals!

@Cornanda Just running over to give you a hug, we made it through another year!

@Tamevv Good to see you, glad you're hanging in there!

@AmbersWay Way to go on everything you're cutting, the coffee sounds tough to cut! I cut back on it and adding stuff to it but haven't gotten rid of it altogether but I drink tea at night instead now. Sounds ike you got a lot done today!

Hi team, weekend's already here again! I'm having a pretty bad flare-up with this weather, I'm a little discouraged as it's been a month since I started the process for the spinal cord stimulator trial and the first step is an MRI and I haven't been called yet, I knew it would take awhile but come on! My monthly appt is next week so I'm going to be a greasy wheel. I had a good food day yesterday and today (it's a little scary to say that because I still have sweets in the house) and I woke up on time so I'm feeling a bit more secure on being back on track. Did chair cardio, leg strengthening, the yoga challenge (I thought it was over yesterday but 2 more days!) then some stretching. It was Funky Friday so I got to listen to old skool funk, disco, and R&B, great way to start the day. Got all my work done then have been reading a Kristin Hannah book that was making me cry too much so I'm taking a break, my Mom lent it to me and she doesn't like mushy books so I'm feeling a little blindsighted by it but it's a good one. I feel back on track but I'm having pork and sourkraut (and mashed potatoes) at my brother's on the 1st so that will be challenging. Have a great Saturday gang!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hello my SlimPeeps! My name is Jennifer and I am a 48 year old single mom of 3 adult children. I live in beautiful Southwest Michigan, right across the Lake from Chicago. My son, Marcus, is 27 and in the Navy. He received new orders to be a recruiter, so I will be flying to Virginia next week to drive a U-Haul to Indiana for them. They are going to give me my first grandDAUGHTER in April. My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 25 and lives about 45 minutes south of me. My youngest daughter, Hunter, is 22 and about 35 minutes south of me (She and hubby want to move closer LOLs). They are going to give me my first grandSON in June. I am enjoying my quiet time with my sweet American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 18 years. I’m trying to break free of my food addictions and self-sabotage.
    Creating cards is one way that I keep my hands busy and snack-free. If you’d like me to send you a random card, just send me a friend request. After I accept the friend request, then we can private message so I can get your name and mailing address. (Permission previously received for this.) To my other peeps on here that have already allowed me to send cards to, thank you! And a big thank you to Chris @trooworld, Kathy @Katmary71, and Lisa @Cornanda for sending me sweet Christmas cards and notes :)
    P.S. @19shmoo69 – I LOVE hot sauces! My son and DIL got me some for Christmas. DIL told me she asked my son if he was sure I’d want such crazy hot ones and he said, “Absolutely!” My children know me so well! Here’s what they got me:
    gy3bq5ume8qg.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m Alicia aka HappySquidMuffin, married, mom of 2 younglings in Idaho, USA. Trying to lose the last 12-15 lb and build muscle! Joined an awesome athletic club/gym Nov 1st and have been working out several times a week since then. Been part of this group since August I think! Previous pre-pregnancy weight about 170, currently 138-ish, most recent low of 136 and I’m ready to break through that plateau!

I’ve got another Group Power workout tomorrow at 8:30am; that should be fun! Then I’m going to see Avatar: The Way of Water a second time with my husband, this time in 3D! Saw it the opening Saturday. It’s so good! Just had to see it in theaters again! 🌳🌊🐬🐳🐠
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @Tamevv Thank you! I will start the hunt for a good decaf. I just set up a new espresso/coffee maker and I NEED to enjoy it too.

@katmary71 I’m happy that wl helped with your health. I see you found ways for exercise that works for you. I need to do this too. I can’t do high impact, weights or any major bending, so I feel limited.

I feel for you, relationships and healthy eating is rough. I live in a community that centers everything around food. It was my downfall for years. I ordered takeaway yesterday, I skipped the sour cream and cheese, got quinoa and brown rice and used chipotle salsa for flavor on my rice bowl and turned it into two meals. I hope I can stick to this way.

Sending well wishes for your MRI and surgery. ❤️

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations on the grandbabies coming, so exciting. Have a safe trip😊

@happysquidmuffin congrats in the wl. You’re doing great. Enjoy the movie, I think I need to go see it, I keep seeing people saying it’s amazing.

So, today’s NYE and my anniversary, we have a chill day planned. I’m hoping to not eat my way to the new year 😂. My daughter has a weekend final, my son is out mudding on his bike, my little has gaming on her schedule. So between my husband and I, it’s likely a movie at home, do some chores (parent life) and cook some treats. I gladly accept this for year 29 because the 30th needs to be a big celebration. I honestly don’t understand how this many years have passed when I still feel 18 😂🫣

Have an AMAZING DAY!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,079 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. We have a Tonal home gym and I am hoping to use it in 2023.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,079 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Welcome back! So good to "see" you! Your goal for 2023, consistency, is AWESOME!

@Katmary71 Yay! I think the no zero year will benefit us all. Thank you. I'm sorry about your flare-up. I hope they call you for the MRI soon. Funky Friday, I love it!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank YOU for the most awesome handmade cards you've sent! Those look like some spicy sauces lol.

@AmbersWay Happy Anniversary and NYE!

Hi all. Yesterday was a lot of running around and by the time I got done, I didn't want to do any crafting or movie watching, I just ate dinner and then went to bed. I hope to stay up later tonight!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I really didn't have any wins yesterday. It was kind of a sucky day.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Cross-posting from the thread last month:
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @trooworld oh Pad Thai!!! Around here the spice level is 0-6 and I ask for 8.
    @Katmary71 I was just asking in general. I've met people that hate spicy food but want the their pinto beans with so much hot sauce their nose runs.

The Pad Thai scale at my local place is 1-10. I always ask for 10. Never thought to ask for an 11 or 12...
    I was served by the owner the first two or three times and I got the impression she didn't believe me (and in hindsight I'm not sure I truly got a "10"). She came to recognize me in future visits (even though I only go once 2-3 months) and it's gotten hotter, imo, as she now believes the legitimacy of my request.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    utf74h0gnejr.gif

Happy New Year!

Looking to wrap up weigh-ins for December:

@vegan4lyfe2012
    @jamaicanlady
    @bookgurldia7
    @soaness

and due today:

@askewcr
    @digger61
    @gemwolf110
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I am Darren. I'm a very unique person. I've an odd sense of humor. I like to have coffee every now and again. Recently I've started a meat only diet and was blessed with a gym membership by an anonymous "friend". Ive been thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not a very good writer so i don't post a lot. With that I over think every thing.

Carrying on the pad Thai conversation. I started by ordering a 6 which is the highest on the menu. The owner said to start there and I could up as I visited. 8 is where I stopped. Not because it is too hot but because it supplied proper heat to food ratio.

To the hot sauce ppl, have been into a pepper palace?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,196 Member
    Options
    The January Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin on Sun, Jan 1st. Please join us for "Things to Decree in 2023". Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880699/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-decree-in-2023#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    January Habit Tracker! A great way to check off those little habits every day:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-january-2023#latest
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

I’m so ready for a fresh start so this new thread seems like a great place to do it! I’ll try to keep it brief :)

I’m Meg, 40y.o. A full time teacher and mom of 2 (7, nearly 12) from Ontario, Canada.

Although I’ve struggled with weight and body image my entire life, my current state has been going on for the past nearly 5 years. It started with a bad ankle injury that hasn’t healed to this day, wrist surgery, 2 years of hormone issues, loss of loved ones, Covid stress… you name it. Every time I got on track some other big excuse got in the way.

So I find myself now at my highest weight, but worse than that at my least healthy point in life. I’m unfit, I’m constantly sick with every virus going around - 11 days in bed from some random virus as of right now. I get winded tying my shoes, my clothes feel terrible.

I am so desperate and so ready for a change. This is about me. And this is about choosing an alternate coping mechanism when things get tough. Food has been a go-to and it’s seriously just making me so miserable.

So starting right now I need to make a resolution: this is the year I take care of myself. I seek the alternative ways to calm
    And comfort myself. I will practice every day.

I’ll be back in the morning but for now please let me wish you a happy and healthy 2023.

• AmbersWay
    Options
    Happiest of New Year to everyone!

I’m across the pond (expat life), so I’m up for the day.

I figure it’s a good time to do my accountability, which I have anxiety about. Posting CW isn’t fun, I kinda liked (past tense hopefully) living in denial.

SW: 220.2
    CW: 214.8

Starting weight was from this last week, not my starting MFP.

My No Zero day was sticking to my no types of bread this week, lessening sugar and just telling myself I can do it and worth it.

I also have been decluttering and removing myself from stressful situations as much as possible.

I’m so happy to have this group. I enjoy seeing everyones journey and learning from you all. Thank you!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Welcome Meg! You can do it!

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I’m glad to be here with you all.

@AmbersWay - congrats on sticking to no breads, less sugar, positive self talk, decluttering, avoiding stress and your weight loss! Way to go!! Accountability can be very scary but I’ve found when I was able to let others in the growth and encouragement was soooo good. Keep up the great work.

Welcome @megnolia82. So glad you’re here and proud of the steps you’re taking to a better you. Here’s to our fresh start in 2023!!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    5qu4miwe6krn.jpg

rck1be6pm5b0.jpg

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,242 Member
    Options
    Happy 2023 to all the Slimpossibles!

@DrewsAnna - I love that purple Happy New Year picture!
This discussion has been closed.