jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    MFP Name: kodakslim
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 161 lbs
    Current weight: 157.6 lbs
    Goal: 142 lbs

Very nice first week @kodakslim and will be even sweeter next week when the January stats begin. You first "official" weigh in is on Friday, Jan 6th and you'll report your registration weight as PW and whatever you see on the scale that day as your CW. Wow you're doing great already!!

Happy New Year!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: ?
    CW: 227
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,112 Member
    Options
    Hi SS.. Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @Nixoncat1 :)
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Very nice first week @kodakslim and will be even sweeter next week when the January stats begin. You first "official" weigh in is on Friday, Jan 6th and you'll report your registration weight as PW and whatever you see on the scale that day as your CW. Wow you're doing great already!!

Happy New Year!
    Jessica

Hi Jessica

Thanks very much! When I register my official weigh-in on the 6th Jan, should I put my PW at 161 lbs? (this was my weight when I joined at the beginning of the week).

Apologies, as I’m mixing myself up by joining at the tail end of December :#

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 217.5
    CW: 217.1
    Not the loss I wanted this week, but considering Wednesday was really bad, I should probably just be happy I got a loss in the first place. I got a sleepscore of 91 this morning, another new record! Happy Saturday everyone <3
    Steps
    29 Dec: 18.343
    30 Dec: 17.496
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    PW 134.4
    CW 138.8
    Ugh ! Sorry team but I guess that's what happens when you eat things you don't normally eat like cheese,pate & chocolates.
    Back on it after the weekend.
  • Nixoncat1
    Nixoncat1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks for adding me!
    I’m Ashley and I’m 41.
    Married, have a 10 year old son, and 4 cats.

The last time I was successful on MFP was losing the baby weight. I maintained the loss for a few years while I was working part-time, then didn’t have the energy or motivation when I started working full-time again 5 years ago. I have also lost both my parents to cancer in the last 4 years. This has motivated me to get healthier. Even healthy people get cancer, but I want to be living my best life.

I have to workout (a lot) or I won’t be motivated to track calories. Please help me get up off the couch after a long school day (teacher) and get moving. Thanks!! 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi SS.. Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @Nixoncat1 :)

cb9cqxvz9vdw.jpg
    WELCOME @Nixoncat1 to our team!! Glad you found us! Hope you'll find this support resource as wonderful and helpful as I have in the past five years! I'm Jessica, your Team Captain. On behalf of the whole team and your two Motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28, we're anxious to watch you meet your goals!

Take a few minutes and introduce yourself. Let us know a little about your goals for January and beyond! Also, go to either pg 1 of this December thread and read our FAQ or look for the FAQ on page one of the new January thread. It should answer many of your basic questions about how things work around here. Anything not covered, just post a message and several will likely chime in to help. We want to be a source of inspiration and help on your journey!

Good luck in January!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    Options

Happy New Year!
    Jessica

Hi Jessica

Thanks very much! When I register my official weigh-in on the 6th Jan, should I put my PW at 161 lbs? (this was my weight when I joined at the beginning of the week).

Apologies, as I’m mixing myself up by joining at the tail end of December :#

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

@kodakslim Looks like that's what's listed on the chart, so yes, go with that.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    8fcjryjf68sl.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @Walela617 x2
    @KHill875
    @cre804
    @nancyinmo

Stats will begin early on Sunday morning, so please report in ASAP! Thanks!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

I would love to try joining the step challenge for January!
    My goal is 15,000 steps each day.
    My favourite place to walk is with my dog along a beautiful trail that goes through the woods.
    Thanks for organizing!

@pedal__power Need your first name please, for the chart...thanks!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Nixoncat1 and all the other new Shape Shifter team members!

This year has been a bit stressful for me, and I’ve been moving further and further out of my maintenance target range. It’s frustrating but it’s also an important test. I’ll need to navigate stress and holidays for the rest of my life so I’m eager to find more balance and figure out how to better manage my emotions without relying on food. The most important lesson I’ve learned over the years is how ineffective it is to ‘diet’ in the short-term because it just leads to a continuous cycle of gaining and losing weight. So, I really need to learn to keep my daily calories in balance, and within the target range needed, to maintain optimal health.

When I workout enough, it allows me to eat a snack during the day, but I’ve been injured. So, I haven’t been able to count on burning exercise calories to meet my daily food target. I really should build more nutritious vegetables into my diet so I satisfy my hunger with better food choices. I know the expression that muscles are made in the kitchen and not the gym is true, so I’ll try to eat fewer processed food items. I’ll keep working on this goal and wish you all the best.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 185.2
    CW: 186.2
    Well, this could have been much, much worse lol. I’m glad this holiday is almost at an end! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year— May we all reach our goals in 2023!!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    Options
    r7gw3dxapz6k.jpg

Happy New Year to the absolute BEST support team around! Thanks for encouraging me and keeping me accountable, but smiling all year long! May 2023 bring you good health, happiness and lots of love!

Jessica :blush:
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 145.9

12/23- 5,237
    12/24- 4,416
    12/25- 2,347
    12/26- 3,103
    12/27- 3,698
    12/28- 4,300
    12/29- 2,396
    12/30- 8,176

I am so sorry things got crazy with the holidays. I can't wait until I get back into my routine and back in the gym.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,112 Member
    Options
    Hi SS...Another new member joining your awesome team ..Please welcome @Lynniebinny76 :)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    4elsraixu2ib.png

New year... new start...
    Continue doing what works, stop doing what doesn't, start doing something new.
This discussion has been closed.