Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,067 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee WOW! Impressive heat tolerance lol!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss, a nice way to start out the new year!

@Jen_967 Welcome to the team!!! Glad to have you here.

@19shmoo69 LOL "I like to have coffee every now and again" :D . What's a pepper palace?

@AmbersWay Congrats on that loss, woo hoo! Great No Zero day wins, too!

@lrjogger1 Happy New Year! Glad to have you here.

@megnolia82 Great weigh-in, congrats! I like your determination.

Hi all. I had a quiet New Year's Eve at home, we ate a nice meal and played Stardew Valley (a videogame). We made it to 11:44 and decided to go to bed, too tired. We watched the ball drop in bed lol. Does anyone have any New Year's Day eating traditions they do? I am from the Midwest, USA and we eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day for good luck for the new year. I am making Sheet Pan Sausage and Sauerkraut: https://dinnerthendessert.com/sheet-pan-sausage-and-sauerkraut/

I want to point out that I have chosen my phrase for 2023, see the bottom of this post. I find it motivates me to see these phrases every time I post. Are you choosing one for the year?

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I ate only one serving of dinner last night, which was delicious and hard to resist.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    January Habit Tracker! A great way to check off those little habits every day:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-january-2023#latest
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @trooworld i love your quote for 2023. I tend to get caught up in all or nothing mentality, if I mess up the whole day is shot. Which is a terrible mindset. We have a choice, every single choice, to put our health first. Thank you for the reminder!

I have some goals in mind. Maybe silly, maybe lofty. Let’s see.

Goal 1: hit 219.8 next Sunday. It’s 2.6 pounds in a week but after the overindulgence of the past few weeks it should be literally just eating normal.

Goal 2: hit 209.8 by Mar 1

Goal 3: hit 199.8 by May 1

189.9 July 1, 179.9 Sept 1, 169.9 Nov 1 159.9 GOAL Jan 1.

60 pounds in a year. 5 pounds a month. Ok. I can do this.

I’m also hoping to build up some strength and stamina. Here’s my possibly silly goal.
    For this month I would like to do squats, push-ups and crunches but add one each day. So today I did one of each. Tomorrow I’ll do 2 of each etc. Having spent 11 days lying around sick that was enough for today lol.

Ok that’s all for now! Talk to you soon!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 148.6
    CW: 153.6
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vjqtxa748w4c.png
    p43yl4qypvoz.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mki475d0h66k.png

By Pounds
    ph7znxt6sp3r.png
    vgydwy4rjrqb.png

Team Winners
    r4hp7gwi7w1t.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

squtfgerffyg.png
    oai34mjhcjjy.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    svm7ejt7zf0x.png

By Pounds
    d3k44ohtqujd.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8m9oimfsg8qc.png

By Pounds
    r8nss8hjdnq8.png
    itlgo748eqxk.png
    w3yxwo6smtub.png

Team Winners
    q4xxj411bl9b.png
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,223 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - not silly at all! It's a great plan to get the habit started. By the end of the month, you'll be doing 3 sets of 10 each!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 277
    C. W. 277

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @trooworld pepper palace is a franchise store that deals with hot sauces, additives and salsas. They even have sample available. I tried a drop of a bottle of THE END FLATLINERS. I had to sign a waiver before I could try a sample. Just so you know it was Hot. However I didn't let anyone in the store know. Lol
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jen. I’m 54 live in North Carolina and I have 2 grown sons.

I have battling weight issues most of my life. I have tried many different types of plans. But I find the support from MFP works the best. My goals include: losing the extra weight and feeling better about myself and feeling healthier. I’m looking forward to getting to know all you and reaching our goals together. 😀
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Good evening!

Sorry for the copious posting today. I have been a pretty quiet group member for the past few months and I wanted to fix that! Hope you don’t get sick of me.

@19shmoo69 oh boy! Good for you! I love hot sauce but draw the line at sweating and tears lol. I do love how artisan hot sauce seems to be the microbrew of the 2020s! Got quite a few new small-batch varieties for Christmas to try.

@Jen_967 welcome!

@micaroo4 thank you for the encouragement! Actually that’s a great way to see it. Reps and sets makes it seem very reasonable and attainable.

I know my fitness goal is not very impressive at the moment. I’m averaging around 12,000 steps a day during the work week but having been sick the last two weeks has really zapped my energy. I’m going to ease back into it.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to all the new members.

Drews Anna, I hope your hubby is feeling better. I didn’t find anything depressive in your post. I appreciate the honesty in it, most of us will find something that fits us too.

Shmoo, I like this idea of pepper palace. I hesitate in buying new hot sauces, because I don’t want stuck with something that has no flavor only heat. Taste tests would be helpful.

Meg, you and I both will be posting. I promise to not to get sick of it 😊

Congrats Shmoo on your loss posted above
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,023 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa, live in Florida, married 31 years, 2 adult children- 1 lives here- looking for that first job. The other is in college. I've been in this group for a couple of years now and really enjoy the camaraderie and support it provides. I've struggled with my weight since college and have taken weight off successfully several times over the years. Now that I'm at a more "mature" age, it's become harder.

2022 wound up being a no loss year for me. I have a bunch of excuses about it. I'm just going to push those aside and get started again. Determined to have some results this year!

@Katmary71 - hug received! Thank you! Here's one for you {{HUG}}

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,067 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 @gemwolf110 @hlnnan @shaunarlr83 congrats on getting onto the leaderboard! A special shout-out to @FushiaKat for staying in the green for all of December AND making her goal! Woot woot!!!

@megnolia82 Thank you! I do the all-or-nothing mentality, too, it's a hard one to break but I'm working on it. Great goals! I don't think they are silly at all. No need to apologize for posting, the more the merrier! :D I think anytime anyone focuses on their health/fitness, it's impressive. They could be just sitting on the couch not doing anything but instead, they choose to work on progress.

@minstrelofsarcasm There is one more milestone: @FushiaKat reached her ultimate goal in December!!! Yay, FushiaKat!!!

@19shmoo69 LOL that's funny you had to sign a waiver. I like the name, "The End Flatliners" sounds ominous!

@Jen_967 Hi and welcome to the Slimpossibles, Jen! Looking forward to getting to know you.

@DrewsAnna That sounds like a nice tradition. Oh dear about your DH! I'm sorry he's sick this year, too. I wish him better health in 2023 and yes, prime rib for V-Day sounds perfect! I love your goals and can identify with them. The cut my own toenails one hits me hard, it's nearly impossible for me to do that. You weren't being depressive to me. Hugs to you.

Hi all. My wins have been slim pickings lately. I hope to report some good wins tomorrow. I have some goals today: track my food, drink 50 oz of water, and do 30 mins of intentional exercise. Let's do this!!!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I intentionally drank 25 oz of water yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Ugh. I’m on day 13 of a horrible virus. Can’t wait for this to be over. BUT I did my two squats, 2 push-ups and 2 crunches this morning. Little win!

Today I walked from my bed to my recliner in the living room and that may be just about enough.

Fingers crossed for some relief today! I Hope you all have a great one!

@DrewsAnna excellent goals! I wish you and your hubby a year of peace and good health.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,409 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! My name is missy and I live with my bichon and 3 huskies. I work full time going back to school at the end of the month. I started gaining weight when I started my current job about 10 years ago. Went from a very physical job to a sedentary job that consumed my life for years. Getting back to a healthier me this year.
This discussion has been closed.