Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!!! I go to the gym very early in the morning. I do enjoy it. The issue I have is I seem to be tired all the time. Between you and I , I seem to be chronically dehydrated.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Thank you! Haha guess there are just some days that are popcorn for dinner days, right? It used to be my favorite snack when I was depressed or sad and not the air popped stuff but with butter and cheese which is awful!

@DrewsAnna Leslie Sansone is always fun especially the ones with resistance bands or weights, way to go!

@Cornanda Oh no, you'll get there! I'm still having some trouble getting back on track after Christmas and I get thrown off when Bill visits. I'm glad you got the chance to read all the posts!

@Ftofit I hope you feel better when you read this! It's hard to find the right balance of everything, I hope you're getting closer and everythig falls in place for you this year.

@trooworld Haha that's great you can stay in your pjs while you learn! Great job getting the workout in! I like your calling your workout a recovery workout, I've been doing lighter strength training with the rain so I'm not increasing my pain and like the idea of it being a recovery workout. Hope your afternoon off was fun!

@vegan4lyfe2012 It's definitely a tough time of year to get motivated and you already were at PT so it's hard to do more after that. It's so much easier when it's Daylight Savings and warm outside to exercise and eat salads! Oh I like your tea in oatmeal idea!

@megnolia82 I feel weird being happy for you for being sick but I'm glad it will be better for you soon! Hope it kicks in fast.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly I like your plan for a better week! Even if the scale is up you'll be prepared to be amazing this week having the store behind you.

@19shmoo69 Hi Darren! Sounds like you need more coffee! I'm just teasing, there's mixed opinions on if that helps hydrate or is dehydrating and I've never looked into it much to figure out if the new opinion it's hydrating is true. Have you had a physical lately? Maybe you're low in vitamins or minerals? How do you sleep (you know what I mean, don't say in a bed!)?

Hi Slimpossibles! I had a tough night, we're going through a week of storms and my body was screaming last night despite using my micro current and taking an extra pain pill and sleeping pill. I got up and did my workout (cut cardio short or did recovery cardio) and weights and stretching then headed to my hair appointment. I took a bunch of seed catalogs and by the time I left it was pouring (about 15 miles away) so dreaming of my future garden was a nice mental escape while getting my hair colored. I texted with the new farm manager and another volunteer asking if they wanted me to look for any seeds and we had fun thinking of new things for the farm. I really like the new manager, the old one is a sweetheart but his heart wasn't in it and the new one is excited and loving it which is awesome. Came home and worked and made dinner and now I'm going to climb into bed early and read, have a great night and wonderful weekend!

No Zero Days
    - did leg cardio
    - did leg strength training
    - stretching
    - ate under calories and healthy choices.

I'm also copying Chris and choosing my 2023 word of the year to be BALANCE because it's something I really need to learn!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I agree with the ☝🏻 you should get a physical and definitely blood work. All the minerals and vitamins. I was feeling lethargic for years, I was asking drs for help and finally due to an upcoming surgery, one checked my thyroid which led to sending me to endocrinology. From there, I learned my vitamin d was under 10. Since then, I have to keep an eye on my ferritin, magnesium, zinc, and d. I had to do iv infusions for the ferritin. Let me tell you how much better and energized I felt when I got those under control. Now I do checks ups every 6 months typically. I’m due because I can tell something is off.

Try to get into the dr and check.
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I got back on the sugar bandwagon over Christmas and new year :s and have only just started logging food again. I will see what thr Monday weigh in brings. Can't believe my efforts in Dec made the leaderboard!! I have been aiming for 10000 steps a day for the last couple of weeks which has been good. No zero days at least!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Yeah I was always pretty sore and spent after physical therapy when I was doing it. Don't beat yourself up about it. Thanks for the tea update, that sounds good! Great job with your no-zero days!

@megnolia82 That's good you know what is going on. I hope you feel better soon.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly I'm sorry about your stressful week. Remember, we all have weeks like that so don't beat yourself up about it! <3

@19shmoo69 Good morning! I'm glad you are enjoying the gym. Being dehydrated can definitely make you feel tired. How much water are you drinking a day? How many ounces?

@Katmary71 Yes! I usually have my camera off lol. Nobody wants to see me in my jammies! :D I'm glad you found a way to still do your workouts without increasing your pain. Yes, your body is recovering (and so is your mind!) so it's a recovery workout! :) My afternoon off, I just worked out and got the booster shot. BUT...I did stop by this little "junk" store and found a beautiful, interesting Balinese sterling silver ring with an opal in it and it was a good price so I bought it! I'm so sorry about your tough night. I'm impressed you still did your workout through the pain. That's great the new farm manager is enthusiastic. I love your word of the year, perfect!

@hlnnan That's easy to do with all the sugar around and the food pushers. Good job, starting to log again! No zero days!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss! You are definitely not alone. Hugs.

@Micaroo4 Great weigh-in!

Hello all. I had an on-point day yesterday, well, except for water. That was lacking. But I worked out even though I didn't feel like it (commitment!) and was feeling nauseous. I have a busy day today, my plan is to do the below workout IF I have the time. I should be able to fit 36 mins into my day but who knows?

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I stuck to my eating plan, lifted weights, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

ai2vs6pytv6f.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I do not drink enough water due to never feeling thirsty because of my office job. I tell myself to make a drinking plan but I forget to implement it.
    As far as doctors, I do not trust them so I do not voluntarily visit them. I'm not trying to be mean but throughout my life I've had really bad situations with doctors.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 222
    Todays Weight: 222
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217.4
    Todays Weight: 216.8
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

13 reps yesterday. Went well although I dropped to my knees for the push-ups again. I figure if i can keep it up through feeling like absolute death, I’ll be ready to completely rock it when I’m feeling good.

I’ll tell you, a week of no fruit or veggies has been awful. And the Gatorade. Yuck. I’m sure I’ve had a gain from all the meds and lack of actual healthy foods and drinking those calories. I’ll look forward to a woosh in the near future though.

Laying low again today. Hoping for improvement tomorrow. I’ll be fitting in my 14 reps at some point.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Here's your link for next week's Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us for a new all-inclusive BINGO game! Hope to see you there--starts Sunday, Jan 15th!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881987/january-week-3-group-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Another super busy day for me. After my church board meeting, my DIL's sister and I planned the baby shower. Then I helped daughter #2 move things from their old apartment to the new one. Definitely got my minimum 30 minutes activity in today :smile:
    I was pretty hungry between trips, so I did get Taco Bell, which ends my week with 3 restaurant trips instead of 2. But I kept it minimal with 3 crunchy tacos with only black beans and lettuce. I love those! I am actually really looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow, which is not typical. The only thing that may let me down would be the fact that TOM is visiting me right now. Have an awesome night everyone!

No Zero Days logging today:
    1. Cook bean/grain: <3
    2. Weigh all food: <3
    3. Log all food: <3
    4. 30 minutes activity: <3
    5. Restaurants 2x: :'(
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full: <3
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In

Bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW - 243ish
    CW - 242.2
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @hlnnan Oh no, that sugar bandwagon was picking up many of us in December! I'm glad you're back to logging hitting your steps, you got this!

@tammymccrady6278 So glad you had a great week! It's frustrating especially around those who don't struggle to stay healthy at all but it also feels good to be taking charge of your health which you're doing. We definitely don't want to lose you young!

@trooworld Your ring sounds gorgeous, good score! Those are challenging exercises but definitely good ones, have a great one!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Don't be embarrassed, you got this! Chances are that's not all fat and more like sodium/extra food/water and you'll get it back down fast.

@19shmoo69 I can understand not trusting doctors, do what's best for you my friend.

@megnolia82 I agree with you, doing all these reps while not feeling well will be a lot easier once you're better! I hope you're feeling better as fast as possible!

@vegan4lyfe2012 What an exciting time in youru family! Moving is definitely a workout!

Hi team! Another rainy day, another section of my fence is falling apart that I'm trying to ignore since I can't get there and the company that worked on it last year hasn't called back. I had a good workout this morning then cleaned, organized my seeds, read, then made a Mediterranean chicken and chickpea stew that came out really good. Have a great Sunday everyone!

No Zeros
    Did full cardio, strength training (went up on weights), and stretching
    Ate under calories and healthy food
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Username: AmbersWay
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    SW: 220.2
    PW: 212.6
    CW: 211

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I am struggling to get my act together. I've put some things in place, but not enough.

Exercise- going well
    Food- better, but needs improvement- weekend eating stretches out too long
    Did little tracking and that was a wake up call- need to make tracking a habit
    Haven't reflected yet

Was really hoping for a holiday "down woosh"-which hasn't happened. However, after typing this, I can see how little I've done so far.

I'm much better at not beating myself up. I know I can do this and I will keep trying until I get fully reset.

Wishing you all a great week!

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 218.6

Goal for next week: 217.6 slow and steady

I had a horrible night. I’m bloated, in terrible pain. Sorry to be such a downer. I appreciate having the outlet. I wish I could be unconscious for a couple days and try to ride this out.

This discussion has been closed.