• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,602 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/5 - 7,833

Water✔️
    Calories
    Exercise✔️

I went over my cals by less than 100. I'm okay with that considering I was at a family birthday celebration. I'm trying to be more understanding with myself and consider my entire week rather than focusing on one or two slightly higher cal days or not hitting the Garmin step goal (I hit the goal I set for myself here though). I'm usually under, I don't eat back exercise calories unless I'll be way under with my net cals and I have been meeting all of my goals 95% of the time.

In the past, I would take one or two days of going over as a shameful failure and go into binge mode giving up on my goals for a while. I'm happy with my progress thus far and happy with myself in general lately.

Less than a 100 calories is not too bad especially considering how well you do the rest of the week. One thing I was told when doing therapy for my binge eating was we have to have compassion for ourselves and forgive ourselves. I would do the same thing, dwell on a mistake and binge. This lead to a vicious circle. I think you are looking at this the right way. Goals are important but they have to be smart goals.
    rachjolly wrote: »
    SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Feb 5th) - 224.8lbs
    CW - 223.6lbs

Started slimfast today. I quite like that I don’t have to meal plan for breakfast and lunch. Takes away some of the “chore” side of dieting.

For this weeks challenge:
    * meat free dinner
    * 68oz water
    * 7 hours sleep
    * Cooked at home
    * Journaled

Off to a good start 👍

Like your challenges for the week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 9,084
    Sleep: ✔️
    Log food: ❌✔️
    Exercise:✔️

I am so proud of myself for fitting exercise into my day yesterday. The best part was the stretching in the hot tub when I was done. No exercise today as I am going for my injections soon and then I have to go out with my daughter. I have a bunch of forms to complete today for my meeting tomorrow with the doctor running the mindfulness.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,112 Member
    Options

I posted a check-in on the 4th; perhaps it was missed? No weight change last week.

It was my mistake I apologize ...I posted your weight on the spreadsheet while Linda was away :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    k7bdb858ca84.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need ... Please have them in by this evening 2/7 so that I can post the results tomorrow evening

@rwood566 1/29 - 2/4
    @aactuallyaash 1/29 - 2/4
    @lennieKat 1/29 - 2/4
    @Bluetail6 2/2 - 2/4

Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Monday 2/6

PW 232.9
    CW 233.7
  • rachjolly
    rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Feb 5th) - 224.8lbs
    CW - 221.8lbs

Staying strong with the Slimfast

Today for this weeks challenge I did:
    * 68oz water
    * 7 hours sleep
    * Cooked at home
    * Journaled

• FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/6 - 8,667

Water✔️✔️
    Calories❌✔️
    Exercise✔️✔️
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan. I'm posting my steps again. I couldn't find my post from yesterday. Perhaps I just clicked away without "hitting" post!! Not the first time I've done this. For me, too much multitasking is not a good idea!!

2/1: 7,166
    2/2: 2,071
    2/3: 5,120
    2/4: 1,287
    2/5: 7,941
    2/6: 1,997

How's the ankle doing?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan. I'm posting my steps again. I couldn't find my post from yesterday. Perhaps I just clicked away without "hitting" post!! Not the first time I've done this. For me, too much multitasking is not a good idea!!

2/1: 7,166
    2/2: 2,071
    2/3: 5,120
    2/4: 1,287
    2/5: 7,941
    2/6: 1,997

How's the ankle doing?
    I just sent you a reminder ...Please disregard ....Thanks for posting your steps ....Ankle is extremely sore I see my podiatrist on Thursday ...Thanks for asking :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

No worries at all. I'm sorry your ankle is so sore. I get though, having had three operations on it. Glad you are seeing your podiatrist. 🧡
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,872 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I have had a doctor in VA recommend a tanning bed to help and I do take vitamin D. Living in SC I usually am able to get enough sun but this year has been very wet. I actually had an incident in VA that I told the school councilor that a meeting was going to have to wait til I went to the tanning bed before I would tackle the issue that day, just to get into the best mindframe possible to deal with my son's teacher. Also why I homeschooled them afterwards. At least I can laugh about it now.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

No worries at all. I'm sorry your ankle is so sore. I get though, having had three operations on it. Glad you are seeing your podiatrist. 🧡

Thank you ... have 2 plates screws and a long rod in it doesn't help with the pain
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/29 -2594
    2/4-5166

Thanks!
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi, Linda. Here are my weigh in numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 276.4 lbs
    CW: 277.4 lbs (Up 1.0 lbs. Yikes! )

Any particular struggles last week?
    [/quote]

Nothing in particular, Linda. My wife has been having some stressful days at work, so I take her out for dinner after she gets home to help her relax. Unfortunately, going out to dinner several times over a week does not help me eat the right things. We will be alright.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I got my bloodwork back from my yearly physical and went over it with my Doctor

Her words were "Literally everything is perfect. Nothing even remotely close to borderline". I asked her if there's anything I need to work on and she said "just keep doing what you're doing"

It feels like everything has come around full circle. Loving the Maintenance life. Much less stressful. I added around 400 calories to my diet and switched from fasted workouts to eating a english muffin and a glass of orange juice before I work out. My workouts are MUCH improved since I started doing that. Snuck a peek at the scale and my weight hasn't changed. First time checking it in a few days. I was weighing myself 2-3 times a day beforehand. I can definitely keep this up. I'm up to 35 minutes at 6.0 mph on the treadmill so I'm looking good for my first 5km on April 2nd

I hope everyone's doing well!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rachjolly wrote: »
    SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Feb 5th) - 224.8lbs
    CW - 221.8lbs

Staying strong with the Slimfast

Today for this weeks challenge I did:
    * 68oz water
    * 7 hours sleep
    * Cooked at home
    * Journaled

Are you drinking the slim fast with anything added?
    Steps:
    2/6 - 8,667

Water✔️✔️
    Calories❌✔️
    Exercise✔️✔️

Nice stepping!

[
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi, Linda. Here are my weigh in numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 276.4 lbs
    CW: 277.4 lbs (Up 1.0 lbs. Yikes! )

Any particular struggles last week?

Nothing in particular, Linda. My wife has been having some stressful days at work, so I take her out for dinner after she gets home to help her relax. Unfortunately, going out to dinner several times over a week does not help me eat the right things. We will be alright.[/quote]

I am betting my weight will be up on Friday. Tonight will be my third time eating out this week. I am looking at the menu my friend picked and seeing if there is something semi calorie friendly. Then I have to stick to my choice when I get there.

JaysFan82 wrote: »

Her words were "Literally everything is perfect. Nothing even remotely close to borderline". I asked her if there's anything I need to work on and she said "just keep doing what you're doing"

It feels like everything has come around full circle. Loving the Maintenance life. Much less stressful. I added around 400 calories to my diet and switched from fasted workouts to eating a english muffin and a glass of orange juice before I work out. My workouts are MUCH improved since I started doing that. Snuck a peek at the scale and my weight hasn't changed. First time checking it in a few days. I was weighing myself 2-3 times a day beforehand. I can definitely keep this up. I'm up to 35 minutes at 6.0 mph on the treadmill so I'm looking good for my first 5km on April 2nd

This is fantastic. Were you pre diabetic before starting? What do you think about moving to maintenance on the spreadsheet? If you can weigh once a week it would be great but we can excuse you for a month. @jugar whho has been in maintenance for a long time said weighing is important especially at the beginning of maintenance. What do you think?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 7,138
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ❌✔️✔️
    Exercise:✔️

While I didn’t start my watch I did lots of mini walks and moving. Problem is I overdid it. I need to find a healthy balance. My meeting with the doctor of the mindfulness group is this afternoon. The course has lots of daily homework so I need to be organized.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »

That is awesome ... Great job Greg :)
This discussion has been closed.