Replies

• Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oops! 13,000 pls
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello team! My name is Terrie and I live in British Columbia, Canada. I am turning <choke> 60 this year and plan to be in my best shape ever! I am quite active but keep proving to myself that I can't out exercise a calorie heavy diet. I have lost and regained the same 10 to 20 pounds since my 20's!! I would like to be a loser for the long haul this time.

I have 2 grown handsome boys, a wonderful (and also handsome) husband who supports me in all things, and a feisty 2 yr old australian shepherd.

Looking forward to the next month with all of you! #sexyatsixty
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    The March Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday Feb 26th. Join us for a 7-Day Happiness Challenge.

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884840/march-week-1-group-challenge-7-day-happiness-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Welcome to our team Michelle... I too live in California (lived in Sacramento, Woodland and Fresno ..I now live in Visalia and I have 2 kids I am also 52

I was in Woodland as well! Probably about 25+ years ago. Sacramento three times, lol… college, work and then Lincoln. I’ve lived in too many cities (13) because of the work I used to do. I’m happily settled In Tehama County for the last 18 years

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our team Michelle... I too live in California (lived in Sacramento, Woodland and Fresno ..I now live in Visalia and I have 2 kids I am also 52

I was in Woodland as well! Probably about 25+ years ago. Sacramento three times, lol… college, work and then Lincoln. I’ve lived in too many cities (13) because of the work I used to do. I’m happily settled In Tehama County for the last 18 years

That's awesome ... I left Woodland in 2005 when I divorced my ex husband ... Been in Visalia since 2005 when I had my daughter ...I had friends in Lincoln ... I am wanting out of California and want to move to Colorado
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am GirlOnTheRebound, I am 55 years old and 5'8". I am a Canadian girl who fell in love with an American and now live in Florida. I am the proud momma to a son (35) daughter (30) and a stepson (14). I have battled with my weight practically my entire life, only seriously attempting twice in the past 3 years. This is my third attempt and I feel empowered. I did weight watchers and had success but need more nutrient details so I am back to MFP. My exercise of choice is my rebounder (hence my name) and walking. In the Florida summers I like to swim and the winters I walk and bike. I am not a good eater. I cook our meals and eat out for date nights. I am learning how to eat enough while trying to lower sodium and cholesterol. I know this can be done as I have already lost enough to be off a CPAP. Full disclosure, I am stubborn and rarely used it so losing weight was my only option. I have a fitbit and have learned how my active steps greatly impact my weight loss. I have gone from 271 lbs to 218 lbs taking baby steps and learning what works for me. I am far from knowing all the answers but I do know I just need to keep trying. I have not determined a goal weight but I am aiming for 195 lbs at this time. Not sure when I was under 200 but I think I was around 20.
    Thank you for reading. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for inspiring.

@megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to join step challenge for 9000 please

Parts off your story are really like mine! I started at age 58, 276lb my goal was 197lb. Having got there I moved my goal to 182lb. I'm currently 184 and moved the goal to 175lb. Think that will be it! It's taken me 18 months with a couple of gain/ lose the gain months in there!! I'm also a swimmer/walker with a fitbit!
    Well done on your loss so far, I can see your determination and know you'll reach your goal weight!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello team! My name is Terrie and I live in British Columbia, Canada. I am turning <choke> 60 this year and plan to be in my best shape ever! I am quite active but keep proving to myself that I can't out exercise a calorie heavy diet. I have lost and regained the same 10 to 20 pounds since my 20's!! I would like to be a loser for the long haul this time.

I have 2 grown handsome boys, a wonderful (and also handsome) husband who supports me in all things, and a feisty 2 yr old australian shepherd.

Looking forward to the next month with all of you! #sexyatsixty

I also have the big 60 fast approaching (April 20). Determined to be at goal weight by then ... Will have lost 100lb! Yoyo dieted all my life and it s taken all these years to finally commit to staying at my goal weight when I get there! Welcome to the team!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    []

Parts off your story are really like mine! I started at age 58, 276lb my goal was 197lb. Having got there I moved my goal to 182lb. I'm currently 184 and moved the goal to 175lb. Think that will be it! It's taken me 18 months with a couple of gain/ lose the gain months in there!! I'm also a swimmer/walker with a fitbit!
    Well done on your loss so far, I can see your determination and know you'll reach your goal weight!

Thank you. I feel determined. Thank you for your words and your insight. It really does help to see others on the same journey walk a similiar path and are succeeding.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2023
    Options
    t6gi541hbge3.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for February Week 4....Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening (2/28) so that I can post the results and the Grand Finale ..Thanks for your cooperation :)

@Jpedno 2/20 - 2/25
    @Bluetail6 2/22 - 2/25
    @FindingSamMon 2/24
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Hello! Newbie here, thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 for letting me in at the last minute. :smile:
    Haven't done one of these before or even posted in the MFP community so I'm sure I'll do all sorts of things wrong, please bear with me.

I'm 39, living in Norfolk England, with 2 kiddos. I've lost and regained a lot of weight a few times and this time around am trying to shed the pounds while also in recovery from binge eating disorder.
    It's hard going as the two aren't particularly compatible, and restricting is a huge trigger for binging for me, but at the same time I have gained a lot of weight and need to get back to a healthier point.
    I've been low carb/keto for years but am trying to do just calorie counting this time and it is very slow which I'm finding rough.
    On the positive though: I haven't binged this year, I'm feeling a lot calmer around food, and with pushing myself to move more I'm definitely more energised!

March goals:
    Keep calories under 1700
    Hit daily step goals
    Drink some water every day (I live off coke zero so literally any water at all is a win for me!)
    Run 2-3x a week
    Lose 3lbs

I would also like to do the step challenge please: 10,000 for me.

Welcome to the team! I also have binge eating disorder. I finished therapy about three years ago. Congratulations on no binges this year. That is a big NSV!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,173
    Sleep: ✔️✔️❌✔️❌✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️❌✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Not worried about missing my step goal yesterday. I grocery shopped and I know I got steps even if they don’t register on my watch.

Is anyone else finding the app annoying? It is so slow logging food. It kicks me out a lot also.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rxja70nvh5qi.jpeg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps-
    2/19: 6,752
    2/20: 3,576
    2/21: 8,789
    2/22: 14,601
    2/23: 13,628
    2/24: 11,294
    2/25: 9,308

I am determined to hit 10,000 every day this week!
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    I'm Laura from Wisconsin. I'm 40 with a birthday next month. I have a full time desk job, am married with an eleven year old daughter. I love crafting, but so often do not have the energy for it. I also read and enjoy being outdoors

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    When I started my job 15 years ago I weighed 125 lbs and I didn't want to get any heavier. At first it was fine, I jumped on the treadmill at work every day after work and things were great. Until I stopped cold turkey and did not return. After having my daughter the baby weight and then some came off fast, but it came back with friends very quickly as well. I now weigh more than when I was pregnant. Two years ago my blood pressure at a Dr's visit was almost bad enough to send me to the ER, at the time I said I would fix it ASAP. Well life, sickness got in the way and here we are.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Boredom is the biggest one. I need to have plans to keep busy. Less time watching TV on the couch, watching TV on the treadmill is much better.

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    It's a royal pain, but CICO

5. What is your favorite way to workout?
    Usually on the treadmill, but I want to do some recomp as well so I need to get uncomfortable with weights/barre other non-cardio only workouts.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    This month - be consistent and active on this app. Please add me as a friend and feel free to comment on anything. I'm very quiet, but love people encouraging me. I try to help you too.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    Motivation and friends to encourage me.
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options
    Q: Does everyone do the same weigh-in day or do we choose our own?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Q: Does everyone do the same weigh-in day or do we choose our own?

I see you chose Sunday ...but if that doesn't work for you ... you can always ask @lindamtuck2018 to change it for you since she is in charge of the weights
This discussion has been closed.