Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - oooohhh! Those plates are gorgeous! You have a side job as a furniture mover this week! How did your dinner turn out- did you like the spices?

@AustinRuadhain - that's so sweet that you posted that for shmoo

@katmary- how was your day at the greenhouse?

@Ftofit - wow- you have some really cool goals. I am trying to do better at keeping track of my progress this year it's easy to coast and not pay attention and then you don't get anywhere- Kudos to you!

@shaunarlr83 - Lol, you are too funny. I worked night shift years ago, and it takes time to get your body adjusted. Going with the flow is a great idea. Is there always crap to eat in the breakroom? You are doing great adjusting your plan to your new circumstances. Your hiking area is beautiful!

@drewsanna- you've had a tough week, so give yourself grace and get back at it. I, too am loving stridekick!

@micaroo4 - that does not sound good for Rich. Please keep us updated. Will be thinking of you.

Well, last night was a dinner for someone at work who is leaving. A little background- I went back to work full time in June (was part time before). I was self employed, now I work for a large healthcare corporation. The person who left- their position was eliminated. When I started this job, I felt like I had found a new "home". Just liked all the people so much and we work well together. You know how rare that is! Well, last night was a lot of "I hate my job now" and "you should look here for jobs" and "upper management sucks" and my own manager saying "I'll probably be the next to be let go"..... anyway- it made me sad that this good group may not even make it 1 year together.

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    In case anyone might find this helpful:

https://neverbingeagain.com/

You can get a free eBook about binge eating. I read it last year- and the guy really nails the things my brain says to get me to eat. I think some others read it too? I also belong to their Facebook group- which is not super helpful to me, but lately they have been posting little audio clips from their blog page- you can go there to find them- the author interviews people about how they adjusted their thinking and dealt with issues. Of course they are pushing their "intensive" program... but you don't have to pay attention to that.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 232
    CW: 231
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 226.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! I love your plan for the year idea.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! I'm glad you liked the pic of Daisy. She's a little cutey. I'm trying to remember that phrase as I start my day today. ;)

@Cornanda Thank you! That IS rare to find an environment where you all mesh together. That's too bad about all the negativity at dinner. I hope it's not as bad as they make it sound.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yeah, seriously, my dill is a giant monster lol. I know what you mean about the meds for depression, I take them for bipolar II also depression (if it's possible to suffer from both) and I've gained a lot of weight from those. I hope you find ways to cope with your depression. It sucks. I do enjoy the weekly podcasts, I need to go listen to that first one today. Thank you for the hugs and prayers! I appreciate it. mmmmm I can see why you'd be thinking of that asparagus and potatoes, that sounds amazing! Those bowls/plates are so pretty. Where did you get them from? I have two types: I have 4 smaller red plates from Walmart that I use because I eat less on them but they keep getting chipped. I also have Corningwear plates (4) that never chip but they aren't so pretty. The bowls are a mismatch between orangish red bowls from Target and some Chinese bowls from the Asian grocery store lol. I love that you treated yourself to these bowls/plates!

@Katmary71 How's your flare-up? I hope it's better. Hugs.

@Ftofit Congrats on the loss! Those are great non-scale victories, well done.

@shaunarlr83 Thanks! Great job logging your food. Let's do it again today! :D Good job with the hike. You must have needed the rest after that hike and not sleeping well. Beautiful pic, thanks for sharing!

@DrewsAnna Sorry about the gain. I feel like meal planning gives me a road map and keeps me on the straight and narrow. Great job with the exercise!

@micaroo4 Oh Mica! I hope Rich can get to the ER this morning. I will keep you both in my thoughts. Hugs.

@davidji82 @davors19 Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I had a gain this week and it's no surprise, I haven't been doing the work and I haven't had the focus. I will try harder this week.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I ate healthily all day, and drank 50 oz of liquids, *tracked 75% of my food*!!!

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good mornin!
    It was a slow day yesterday, we had thunderstorms move through and with it came a few aches and pains. Did manage to work on MIL's easter wreath still trying to decide if I want to add more greenery or leave it as is. Got some housework and decluttering to this morning, but this afternoon is for crafting. Lol

@tammymccrady6278 Thanks about the pallet garden. We love to travel also. But since covid we don't do so much. Our last trip was in '21 to South Dakota.

@FushiaKat I love that you have a cactus garden. That is one of my plans in the future. I just started back with having plants last yr. I have found it very therapeutic with my depression. I have never done any gardening until I got my tomato plant. This yr we are spreading our wings.

@Katmary71 Honestly I am not using the chocolate mint on anything yet. I bought it last yr along with lemon grass to keep mosquitoes away. I do love the small of it. I have just pulled leaves and ate them thou.

@trooworld I ❤ your pic. of Daisy! She is so cute.

@GabiV125 I like your idea about weight loss. I pretty much have that same mind set. It's now or never. I am tried of the I wish I could. This yr I am doing it. I have been changing a lot of things in my life. Getting rid of the negative and baggage weighing me down.

Sorry, I have run short on time. I will jump back in later and finish up with catching up in here.

For now have a good day!

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Rich didn't want to go to the walk-in clinic, so he's been following the medication instructions from the Nurse Practitioner that he saw yesterday. He's taking in plenty of fluids as well. He seems a bit better. I hope he's turned the corner. He is coughing less. But the cough sounds terrible.
    -Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Those are gorgeous plates, I absolutely love those! Teal's my favorite color. I put looking for those herbs on my To Do list, I know I don't have cilantro as I have that dumb gene where it tastes like soap but am pretty sure I have the other two around here somewhere.

@micaroo4 Prayers for Rich, I'm sorry to hear how bad he's feeling. That's real frightening for both of you I'm sure, I'm glad to see he feels a little bit better today.

@Ftofit Those are amazing victories in two months! Martial arts ought to be fascinating to learn. I think @AustinRuadhain was into martial arts for awhile right?

@shaunarlr83 Oh we're interested in so many of the same things! A friend of mine on here told be about ACV, she went to an Amish iridologist who told her it could help her pain. When I started going to the holistic pain group I asked the nurse about it as I felt the AVC helps the Epsom salts work faster to calm down spasming. She said to use either ACV or baking soda as it would have the same effect. I DIDN'T know you use 1-2 cups of Epsom salts and ACV though and since it works I get big containers, I picked up 16lbs of Epsom salts and a huge jug of Great Value ACV plus Dr. Teal's bubble bath, I get worn out bringing all that in from Walmart pickup but do it every couple weeks. They seem to work in 20-30 minutes and I have pretty severe spasming so any improvement is wonderful. I really love the ideas of both the snack box and the comfort box, the latter would be perfect when I'm in too much pain to think or if one's very down. Glad you had an awesome hike!

@DrewsAnna It sounds like you need to keep things fun to be motivated, both the meal plans and Stridekick sound perfect for that. I get that self sabotaging eating because you gained weight, it makes no logical sense but emotionally it does!

@Cornanda It was great, I posted a picture on my feed which you've probably seen since posting, I separated cells with double seedlings, repotted half the tomatoes, and we sent a bunch of cooler (collards, mustard, bok choy, lettuces) crops over to the farm from the greenhouse so it was kind of sad but exciting seeing them all ready to go. We already filled up the space we made which has been a big challenge. One day at the farm I'd commented that the turkey pen from the 4H club would be great for an outdoor greenhouse and another volunteer had plastic and brought it, he and the manager put it up then the manager got notice they needed it back a couple hours after which was disappointing. I told him it was worth asking if we could keep it a couple months before taking it down and they're letting us which helps us a lot.

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that about your work, how frustrating when you've found people you love working with. I have a few friends in healthcare and one especially was hit hard by layoffs, I hope you're able to weather this along with your coworkers though I know unfortunately this happens a lot.

@trooworld Wow your dill sounds amazing!I haven't had the best luck with dill thanks to aphids but will try again this year. I'm hanging in there, had trouble sleeping so I'm going to go to bed early tonight in the hopes it gets better. Great no zeros!

@txcritter69 Rain always reminds us of all our injuries right?! I'd love to see the wreath! I didn't realize how much wreaths can cost, I looked at World Market for one and of course I liked one that was $100 and not real, yikes. It WAS beautiful though.

This was one long post, sorry for hogging the page! I had fun at the greenhouse but didn't get much sleep as my boyfriend's having some health issues and I was worried about him. After the meeting last night I got my cats some toy mice with feathers for tails and Asher kept meowing to wake me up to throw the mouse for him all night to chase. I got about an hour's sleep so I'm super sore from that and the greenhouse but we got a lot done. I really love the energy and enthusiasm everyone's bringing this year. The manager was an English major who took an ethics class and got into discussions on growing and that's how he got into it so he's fun to talk books and growing ethics with plus I can learn all his great farming secrets. My neighbor texted me about someone coming to look at our fence so I rushed home and ate then dealt with that and got the charity minutes done. Tomorrow's garden club and HOA meeting then going to my bro's to feed his cat. Have a great Saturday!

No Zero Days
    chair cardio, arm and ab strengthening, stretching, greenhouse
    -fairly healthy day under calories
    lots of water
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all!

Ran errands today and I got a whole bunch of weird looks because I just kept doing things like, side steps and walking in place, lol, basically just whatever to keep moving.

Hubby & I went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant for his birthday dinner. Tomorrow (March 4th) is his actual birthday and we will be going to his favorite watering hole so he can “drink beer & play pool”. Lol, I really am not much of a drinker anymore but, every now & then, I like to toss back a few. I’m going to try and not overdo it though. I’m gonna drink a glass of water with every drink.

I read the article about the “dark coffee” that one of you posted, sorry, I can’t remember who because I didn’t write it down. But, I’m going to be changing my coffee to dark coffee. That was a little tidbit I didn’t know.

I really enjoy reading all y’alls posts. This girl is tired so till tomorrow, unless I’m drunk, then till Sunday. Have a great evening/day.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: Micaroo4
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.2
    CW: 127.4
  • trooworld
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @txcritter69 I love to craft, too! What do you like to do? I see you like to make wreaths, I do occasionally make a wreath for our front door using my Cricut Maker. Thanks about Daisy, she's our little sweetheart!

@micaroo4 I am glad to hear he is a bit better. Continued good thoughts your way.

@Katmary71 My dill is crazy, and the basil is almost as bad lol. Here's a pic of it (from left to right: Italian basil, thyme, mint, parsley, dill, Thai basil). I hope you got better sleep last night. I hope Bill is okay? LOL about Asher! But I guess that's not funny because he kept you up. :( Great job with the no zeros!

@DrewsAnna That's awesome. Happy birthday to your hubby! I hope you have fun tonight.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on that loss!

Hi all. I was supposed to get fasting blood tests done this morning but now I have to reschedule because I've been drinking coffee with sugar-free creamer in it. :/ I just can't resist the coffee lol. At 10:30 a.m., I am going to meet a friend at a revolving sushi bar restaurant. Yes, I am having sushi for brunch we'll see how that goes lol. I love sushi but I don't know if I love it for brunch! We have to go so early because the place gets jam-packed and we don't want to wait in line. Tonight, my hubs and I are going to go to the drive-in movies to see Cocaine Bear and another movie. I don't know if we will be able to stay up for the 2nd movie but we at least want to see Cocaine Bear which sounds really stupid but fun. We will bring snacks.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I ate healthily 90% of the day.

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

q36t7q7mwc0y.jpg
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Today I am going to be painting walls as long as hubby has no plans that I don't know about.

Congrats to all that have lost this week. I'm not sure how the scale will react tomorrow for me. This week it have been up and down.

@micaroo4 I hope Rich gets to feeling better real soon!

@DrewsAnna 🎉Happy Birthday to hubs🎊

@trooworld I got into crafting when I saw the prices for the decor I wanted to use in my home. I started with wood crafts using pallets and old fence planks. Then moved on to wreaths and now it is what ever pops in my head.😂
    Here's a few things I have done recently.bcnls7grrofs.jpg
    twxetmbiujsy.jpg
    Also here it the wreath I did for my MIL
    84r4hbvbcxqv.jpg
    These are a few others I have donew5ojvmjwq0eh.jpg
    I have some others I want to do and will post ad soon as I do them.

• micaroo4
    Options
    Your wreaths are beautiful!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to being on Sunday, March 5th. Please join us for a 7-day Spring Cleaning Challenge! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885681/march-week-2-group-challenge-7-day-spring-cleaning-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 218
    Todays Weight: 217
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Happy birthday to the hubby! Hope you two have fun, I love shooting pool but haven't in years. I think I missed the dark coffee article but that's what I usually drink, what was the tip?

@trooworld Wow your garden is going crazy, everything looks great! OK I see I need to order more pods for dill now, that's really impressive. I didn't realize it was in your indoor system when you mentioned it, that would be a great way to keep aphids away from it. It's hard to not have coffee before testing when you're used to having it every day. Let us know how Cocaine Bear is, I've been curious about that one and watched a Mr. Ballen episode on it last week.

@txcritter69 Wow I love your wood palette crafts! I just started following a group on Facebook about things you can do with them. Your wreaths are beautiful!

Hi everyone, happy Saturday! I fit in some exercise around my appointments, I had my HOA meeting one wrong and it's not until next Saturday so that was a break I wasn't expecting, with the rain I went and fed my brother's cat then came back here to rest. I have my Dad trying to help me with more grow lights since we won't be able to move the seedlings outside for a bit. The garden club this morning was fun, a retired nurse who grows and sells her succulents (crafting) came and gave us a bunch of ideas. I brought succulent cuttings for people and got some cool seeds, that's gotta be the coolest club ever. Time for a bath and hopefully some reading, have a great Sunday!

No Zero Days
    under calories and mostly healthy
    great water
    strength training and stretching plus arm cardio

Here's our lecturer's “boot” craft, since there's a lot of crafters in this group I thought you'd like this:4c9vyaab53t7.jpg
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Username: AmbersWay
    Weigh In: Sunday
    PW: 206.2
    CW: 204.6

This discussion has been closed.