WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Yo ho gang! I don't have too much time to catch up tonight, but will have more time soon. I know this is not a very green week for me, but I'll catch up after getting home. Tomorrow I promise to hit some more exercise - today I did some major clothing alterations for my dad, even after the minor disaster of forgetting the power cord / foot pedal thing for my sewing machine! I brought the machine with me but in all the planning of boxing and getting it down the hill on a toboggan, I managed to forget the cord... Luckily, there is a sewing machine repair guy who had what I needed and let me use it for the day for free. It was a bonus to meet the guy and have some nice chats.

Quick reminder for the wonderful Wednesday crowd -

@AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Good luck and thank you!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I hear you on the mini losses! They eventually add up but can be so discouraging when you've put in all the effort. Keep it up and you will get there.
    That pilates booty workout sounds awesome!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    eyljusnts6ph.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    What a Wednesday! It was super busy here - but a successful 95th birthday for my dad. Simple but stuff that seemed to really make him happy. I got to work with a group of 7th grade flutists, which was a blast, and then bring my dad to the school where he taught for so long (even though it is now a new building), where he was serenaded by a wonderful group of enthusiastic young people - some choral, some instrumental, and they really made his day. We had a good (if slow!) walk this afternoon, and then dinner out.

I'll be headed home tomorrow, and I am NOT looking forward to Friday's weigh-in :grimace: but will feel good to get back to my usual exercise and eating routine.

Thursday folks get ready!
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @39flavours
    @DD265

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 94.3
    CW: 94.1

I had hoped to have been below 90kg by this time next week, but between one thing and another I seem to have been losing and gaining the same 0.5kg. I have another dietician session later, and I think - aside from the challenges that come with travel - I will find this next month easier. I felt very restricted for the first three weeks since our last session, but I am pretty comfortable with it now. Much like I got used to eating muesli for breakfast, I have gotten used to smaller lunches. I feel there's still room for improvement on my snacks and evening meal portion sizes, though!

Something I'm thinking I'll run past her is whether I have a 'reset week'. I was wondering if I had a fixed meal/snack plan that I followed for several days (everything identical) that I knew was well balanced, it'd take any decision making out of it, so be easier to follow, and maybe give me a bit of a boost. Having muesli for breakfast - and that being what I do - is quite easy. Having to choose snacks and lunch each time can still feel like a lot of effort, but adding them into the regular meal planning makes that job feel huge. I was trying to be flexible, maybe it's worth trying a slightly different approach. Also, it's just occurred to me to take my own snacks over to Dubai, so I will add that to my prep list.

It has been snowing, although none is sticking on the roads and pavements. We got down to the allotment last night to water the garlic in the greenhouse and feed the birds, but I'm glad we weren't sticking around as it is very cold. I think a walk on the treadmill is in order this evening, because I don't fancy going outside if I don't have to. We have to look at getting sun cream this next week - feels very odd when it's snowing outside!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 189.4
    CW 190.2
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar - thurs am weighed in CW 172.7
This discussion has been closed.