Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Hurray for not snacking yesterday! And hurray for today's "track all three meals" goal!
    Your day of art sounds great.
    Thank you for sharing pictures of your art! It's all fun and so varied! I was especially fond of your etched glass vase, and the paper turkey (made from a book?).

@JenAWhite - Your goals for today sound great! Here's to building that momentum!

@sleepygirl79 - It sounds like you did some good damage control with all those social events.

@Megnolia82 - Good for you for persisting through the wild fluctuations.

@Katmary71 - "Sometimes things get so messy it causes too much anxiety to start." -- I so get this. I am doing office cleaning and working on financial records, and I get that anxiety hot for both.
    I hope the pain clinic goes well today, and that if you get the nurse you butt heads with, you get through and on your way quickly!

@JenAWhite - I love your No Zeroes report! I did not think to report, when I said my steps in, that I was seeing spring flowers, but I am. Bluebonnets are here! They only last a couple of weeks, and everyone is very excited to see them.

@txcritter69, @rodgerd27, @19shmoo69, @gemwolf110 - Congratulations on great weigh-ins!

@sleepygirl79 - That does sound like a water retention thing? Crossing my fingers for you.

@Ftofit, @tammymccrady6278 and @Fushiakat - Congratulations on being on the leaderboard! Woohoo! 🎉

@amanda32390 - Great plan! It sounds like preparing yourself to win at dinner could make a huge difference.

@micaroo4 - I am so sorry you are sick, but very glad to hear Rich is doing better.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    🎉CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that lost weight!🎊

@Cornanda house painting is going great. Got from the entryway all the way into the kitchen. Ran out of paint so today will be finishing up that project.

@trooworld Thank you! I am loving all the different types of of crafting. My hubby bought me my own drill for my birthday in '21 then my nail gun for Christmas last yr. I have been learning how to use a table saw to miter saw.
    Your indoor garden is awesome. I will get to that point once remodeling our home is done. To much going on for trying to keep up with to many areas.
    Your crafts are so awesome. I love the pug shirt and hello spring wreath.

@Katmary71 it would be grate to have a club like that around here. I am winging it here learning how to do everything off of YouTube videos. Will I hope my basil makes it outside cuz that's where I put it for now.

@micaroo4 Thank you! I am sorry to here that it is your turn. That sounds like what happen with hubby and I during Thanksgiving. I got sick first ran a fever for 3 days then just felt crappy for about a week after. Hubby came in with it a week after me. I did a home test and it came back positive for covid.

@amanda32390 I am glas you made it through your week. Definitely agree on the grocery haul. I am putting a list together myself.

@Sleepygirl79 🤞that it was a fluke week. It sounds like water weight to me. That is a lot in one week. Best wishes on doing better this week with food choices.
    Thank you! I would love to see some of your crafts.

@JenAWhite Great job on the No Zeroes. Stick to it, you can. I have been making it a habbit of checking it at night to make sure I post everything it MFP.

@megnolia82 so glad to hear that yoh are off antibiotics. I hope you are feeling much better.

@AustinRuadhain WTG,! For being all green and your weight loss this week. Keep pushing for that evening walk. It's great for both of you!

So, it has been a very busy week. I have not moved as much in the last 7 days all yr long. 😂🤣😂 My poor aching body. But, for today I have a dentist appt for cleaning then back to the house finish up pallet garden on getting is set up for seedlings. I am taking a stab at cucumbers, green beans and peppers. Then going to hit the second coat on walls. For this week I an going to keep working on project that need to finished up.

🐝🌻🌼I hope everyone has an amazing day 🌄

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – It really is fun when you get to do your own decorating. I had done earth tones years ago, but now ready for a change. I’ve always loved beachy themes (since I live so close to Lake Michigan), so I’m going with pale blues, soft blue-greens, white. Just need more money! Hahahaha!
    @DrewsAnna – So sorry about the binge. Our stomachs are quick to point out our misgivings!
    @Katmary71 – No worries if you can’t find any seeds to trade :smile: And crazy as it sounds, cilantro used to taste like dish soap to me all the way until I went vegan. My tastebuds changed and now it is so yummy! P.S. I’m a Mr Ballen fan, too!
    @trooworld – So much crafty fun! Don’t forget about stickers, tho! I love the ones you made me! I put them on my ink carousel so I see them every time I’m crafting :smile: Your herbs are beautiful!!!
    @txcritter69 – Beautiful woodworking and that Easter spray is breathtaking! Love the pale blues and pinks!
    @Cornanda – Thank you for the sweet note and postage! Unexpected and appreciated...I felt that sunshine!
    @micaroo4 – Oh you poor thing. You almost made it through without catching it from him. Hope you are able to get over it quickly.
    @amanda32390 – I love that you call it “opportunity”. What a wonderful way to speak to yourself. I can definitely learn from you!
    @AustinRuadhain – Nice Green Dots! Fingers crossed you’re able to get hubby motivated again for the walking dates.
    Well the baby shower for my DIL was fantastic on Saturday, minus the meltdown Hunter had afterwards. It was so bad. After I finished with everything and dropping my mother off, I so badly wanted to get an Impossible Whopper. I even got into the lane that I needed to be to go there. But then I saw the Subway sign and decided to get my veggie sub and added my homemade vegan mayo. I was really proud of myself for opting for all the veggies. Definitely a No Zero Win! I thanked my current self on Saturday and my future self is so appreciative now. Would’ve like to have seen a loss on the scale, but I’m happy to just remain steady.
    I think this evening I will make a batch of spinach mushroom risotto in the Instant Pot for lunches this week. Feeling like I might want soy curl fajitas for a few dinners, so going to make that (I use peppers, onions and soy curls with my Olive Cart Fajita Oil). That way my fresh limes and avocados can get used before going bad. Anyone have any yummy meals planned this week? Share them!
    I’m planning on having a good Monday…on my lunch break right now, but then back to work. Sipping on my water infused with True Blueberry and Lemon Zinger. I’m sharing this idea for the newbies in the group…for those that struggle with drinking plain water, I hope this helps. Fill a 32oz bottle with water and put in one Lemon Zinger tea bag along with another fruit flavor tea bag (this time happens to be True Blueberry, but I also really love it with Raspberry). And if you don't want lemon flavor, you can pick whatever combo you want. As long as you have 2 tea bags for every 32oz, it will turn out delicious. Stick it in the fridge overnight. So yummy! Here’s a picture of the tea I’m talking about. I feel like it's stronger than regular herbal fruit tea, so that's why I recommend using the Zingers. (Note - they do all contain hibiscus, so if that's not your thing, just find some fruity teas that make you happy!)
    18fl7obhiuiy.png

No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: Still have some vaqueros and brown rice left
    2. Weigh/measure all food: B)
    3. Log all food: :|
    4. 15 minutes activity: :)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :/
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!

• vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 192.4
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    Took a second covid test. This time tested positive. I'm out of work for the rest of the week. So far feels like a bad cold with a headache. Rich probably had covid all last week. Those tests aren't 100% accurate.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I love True Blueberry! I never thought about using it in cold water. I'm going to give it a try.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @micaroo4 - Oh no! That super sucks. Hugs and prayers. Sip on some True Blueberry...hopefully that will help.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm sorry your sick. Believe it or not I agree with @vegan4lyfe2012 about drinking tea. I would suggest peppermint instead of fruit. I would also amp up the vitamins and take zinc with quercetin. I could go on but I'm not a medical person.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 feel better soon. My mom had the same thing you had just over a month ago. Get lots of rest and listen to your body.

Today was an ok day. Did Zumba but need to get it out of my head that just because I burned a bunch of calories, doesn’t mean I need to eat more. Tried to stick to lots of fruit today. Need to do better meal prep for sure.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 - Oh no! Sending you {{healthy vibes}} Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss and the excellent job on your no zeros! A daily walking date sounds relaxing and fun! Thank you for the "hurrays"! I wish I could say I did track but alas, I did not. Today will be better! Oh that was just my crafts, my art is much different than my crafts. I will attach a pic of some of it. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy doing it for ME! :D

@txcritter69 That's so cool about learning how to use the table saw and miter saw. I love the different types of crafting, too. Thank you about my indoor garden, I really do not have a green thumb but the opposite. It's just really easy to grow things in the indoor garden! Thank you about my crafts. You are doing great with all that movement. How cool is that to grow cucumbers, beans and peppers? Good luck!

@askewcr @shaunarlr83 Congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh yeah, I had fun making the stickers (although I don't know if I will make more, I have so many other projects lol). I'm glad you are enjoying the stickers I made you. Thanks about my herbs! That's awesome that you resisted the Impossible Whopper, way to go! That's definitely a No Zero Win! We are making no-fry Neapolitan eggplant parmesan tonight, which should be good. Tomorrow is "easy chicken enchiladas". I hope your risotto comes out well. I love your tea-flavored water, it's so refreshing.

@micaroo4 No, those tests are not accurate all the time, I've seen too many people test negative and then later test positive. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi all. I had a better day yesterday. I feel a glimmer of hope that I am on the right track again. Finally. I wanted to share a few images of my artwork. I do a variety of styles. I hope you like it.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a much better amount of water (67 oz), ate healthy snacks.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

3ivkmc2ypcky.png
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Rich was having a lot of trouble breathing, so he went to the clinic. They called an ambulance to bring him to the hospital. He's in afib. And he's testing positive for covid today. I'm going out of my mind with worry. Wish I could have gone with him .
    -Mica
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 136.2

I'm so happy to see that I stayed the same. I've been eating lots more, and extra nuts too. I'm still doing yard work most days. I put a bunch of fairy lights in the Cactus Garden, they were not expensive, but they make me smile and they stay on all night. I think we might have homeowners' insurance, crossing my fingers. They came and took pictures yesterday of the front of the house.
    I had a good visit at the doctor's office this morning. I had to stop and buy more gardening gloves, I cut my finger last week clean thru the glove. Not bad, but I need new gloves now. It's time to weed the cactus garden again, but I'm almost done raking in the small area across from the creek, it's a pie shaped piece of property with oleanders planted along a chain link fence, on two sides, there is a dwarf peach, pomegranate tree and guava tree.

I think I'm ready to move to maintenance, with a range of 135 - 140 that way my weight won't be counted as part of the team's weight.

rvvmys3d6k9p.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,606 Member
    Options
    For @txcritter69 and anyone else interested, Next Level Gardening on YouTube has a lot of good information on gardening topics if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/@NextLevelGardening

@micaroo4 I'm so sorry to hear about Rich's breathing, sending you both prayers!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I've tried all those teas but the watermelon lime Zinger, I'll have to look for that one! What is True Blueberry? Sounds good but I've never heard of it. Raspberry Zinger is a staple for me, I throw 6 bags, a cinnamon stick, and a chunk of ginger in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes then let it sit for hours to get real strong and drink that instead of water. I forgot about the Sangria one too, that one is yummy!

Sorry for not catching up with everyone, those who are feed friends with me already know but my car decided to go nuts yesterday, it wouldn't start before my pain clinic appointment so my Dad rushed over to take me and when we got back he asked me to start it to see if it was worth bringing his charger over. It sounded like it was starting then something was making a loud noise over the engine so I took the key out and the engine kept running on it's own (all I could think of was Stephen King's Christine) and spewing smoke and it was in the garage, I had to call the fire department. The smoke and noise was getting worse and worse and you could see flames, I honestly thought it was going to explode. There's oil and burnt pieces of wire so I'm not sure what happened, the fire department basically said a fire started and the oil in the smoke was sucked in the engine powering it for like 10 minutes. I had it towed to a shop this afternoon and they'll get to it in the next couple days.

I didn't do the cleaning challenge yesterday and didn't follow it exactly today but did at least clean the counters, stovetop, microwave, and fridge. My table has seed starting stuff all over it and I'm getting a couple more indoor lights (recommended by the link I provided) so I didn't want to clean it until I'm done. I did work out today and yesterday though last night if it was white and tasted good with butter it went in my mouth along with the last two shots of my boyfriend's peanut butter whiskey I got him for Christmas. He's been struggling a lot with his health and I can't get there to help him so it's been hard. Meanwhile the neighbors are sending emails wondering why the gate is stuck open which the firemen didn't close so I have to figure out how to get it closed.

No Zero Days
    - chair cardio, abs and lower body, stretching, cleaning
    - ate under calories and healthy (just one piece of bread today)
    - good water
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Started responding the other day to everyone individually and before I finished I got super busy. Saturday I took off with my kids and brother, we first hiked 6 miles around a lake and then watched dirt track racing! In my previous life I dated a race at driver so my ex husband wouldn’t ever let me go to the races. It was so great to go back after after 14 years! Sunday my daughter and I took my two 5 year old nieces on a hike after church, I didn’t realize it was a 4 mile trail, they were absolute troopers, we hiked every single mile faster than us 4 adults did the day before, including the last two miles that we were rushing through bc we were almost late for the races, even including that final mile that my son and I ran the last .5 of! 🤣 Sunday night I worked 12 hours and was given Monday night off because I had to be here at 7:45 yesterday for orientation and can’t leave until 7 am today. My trainer has asked me to fill in for half a shift tomorrow and I’ll definitely do it since I didn’t work Monday.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm so sorry, I am sending good thoughts to you and Rich. How are you feeling? Are you still feeling like a bad cold?

@FushiaKat I'm glad it sounds like you have the homeowner's insurance sorted out. Cute lights!

@Katmary71 I'm so sorry about your car, that's crazy. I hope the shop can fix it and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. What happened with the pain clinic? I know you said that would set you back if you couldn't make it, did they make an exception? I hope! It sounds like you are really struggling, I hope things get better soon for you. Big HUGS!

@shaunarlr83 I'm glad you got to go back to the races and way to go with the hike! Sounds like you are doing great.

Hi all. Not much to report. Spring is right around the corner which I am glad for. For me, spring brings more outdoor activities and fun.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a half-decent amount of water (67 oz), ate healthy snacks, ate what I planned for dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Good morning. I'm no better, no worse. Rich was admitted to the hospital last night, so he's finally in a regular room and we can communicate. I think Rich will be discharged today. They gave him a beta blocker which fixed the a-fib. They did a cat scan and he has a small blood clot in one of his lungs. He will be on blood thinner for 6 months. They gave him prednisone last night and his breathing is normal this morning. Of course that may change once he starts moving around. They are going to do an echo cardiogram today before he can be discharged.
    -Mica
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @micaroo4 - Mica, I am thinking about you and Rich this morning. How are you feeling -- on the mend? Wishing improved health for you both.
    "Contemplating all the days that I have NOT been sick, and took for granted." - It is so easy to take health for granted.

@trooworld - Every time I read this in one of your posts, I am inspired: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
    Hurray for you No Zero Day! Eating on plan is a great win!
    I like your art as well as your crafts. I have a friend who wrote a book about enjoying modern art. It takes a different mindset, maybe? Anyway, I like it, too.

@shaunarlr83 - Your hike and your trip to the races both sound grand! Congrats in the great weigh-in!

@Katmary71 - I will check out Next Level Gardening, though I think remedial gardening is where I should likely start! ;-) (I have a *lot* of work to do in the yard this spring.)
    Your car saga sounds horrific. Stephen King territory for sure.
    Hurray for your No Zero Days after all that.

@FushiaKat - Hurray for being ready for maintenance mode! Your cactus garden lights look so pretty!

@sleepygirl79 - "need to get it out of my head that just because I burned a bunch of calories, doesn’t mean I need to eat more" Yes, that can be killer! It's easy to overcompensate. Fruit sounds like a great choice -- fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and fewer calories than many other options.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Great job holding steady on your weigh-in, especially with all that was going on! Your meal plan sounds delicious! I, too, loveloveLOVE the Celestial Seasonings fruit teas!
This discussion has been closed.