Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I detest all things melon, so I definitely won’t be trying it for you! True Blueberry is another Celestial Seasonings tea, just not a Zinger. I might have to copy you on that IP zinger concoction! "Dude, your car!" (there's a story behind that quote...lemme know if you want to hear it). I had a Dodge Shadow back in the day. It caught on fire like that, too. So scary!
    6we0zcdqow3m.jpg

Quick check in to say I went grocery shopping yesterday and stayed in the produce aisle...all except for a container of hummus and guacamole (which were very close to the produce, actually). This is a big deal for someone like me...trying to back away from the processed faux meats and cheeses. Instead I'm going to use more of my TVP (soy protein). I was watching a YouTube guy yesterday that uses Marmite or Vegemite when reydrating it because they have a great deal of umami. He also talked about Dulse. So I hopped onto Amazon and will be getting all 3 on Saturday. Anyone from England or Australia here that can give me any tips?
    Oh - and I have foods that would be part of my snackle box...but don't have an actual container that everything would go into, so gotta figure that out. But I've happily been snacking on grape tomatoes, red grapes, raw carrots and broccoli, and hummus. So far so good
    No Zero Days logging for yesterday:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 You've been super busy, love the workouts with the family! Two five year olds going 4 miles and being troopers is amazing, I'd think they'd be grouchy toward the end.

@trooworld I got to the pain clinic on time which is really surprising with how slow my dad drives, it was basically med refills and we talked about what happens after the MRIs I have next week (psych eval then I see a neurosurgeon). Thanks for the hugs! I'm so glad spring is almost here, I'm trying not to be as bad as last year posting how many days left until spring every other day but it's rained so much this winter that I'm really anxious for it. CA definitely has bad it's share of rain this season but the news is still talking of watering restrictions going into effect.

@micaroo4 Wow Mica, sounds like Rich being admitted was a good thing since they were able to get to the bottom of everything and help out. I hope he's home with you soon and his breathing continues to improve. How are you feeling? I hope your sense of smell is back soon.

@AustinRuadhain Hey I'm sure the gardening link will cover topics you'd be interested in although I didn't see any on things like boosting soil health aside of for specific plants but I tried spraying my tomatoes last year with aspirin to boost their immune systems because o him, that was an interesting idea and of course I didn't to it consistently to know if it helped.

@FushiaKat I love those lights, how pretty!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 Oh yum I didn't realize True Blueberry was a tea, I'll go start a Walmart order with that on it (guess I need a car to do pickup though right?!). I was thinking it was like that lemon flavoring you could put in things like it was a little squeeze bottle of flavor or something. Sure tell me the Dude your car because I felt that! I'm sorry to hear your car did that once too, it's traumatic, I'm still shocked about it. Way to go on the produce trip! I was interested in your post on your feed about TVP, it was on clearance in a bulk bin at Raley's and I bought a bunch when I was eating more vegetarian-type meals but don't know what to do with it now and am curious how you'll be using it.

Hi everyone, hope your week is going well! I got up and was super tired so I went back to sleep for a bit then did my workout and made lunch. Still waiting to hear about my car. I did a little cleaning for the challenge but am not feeling too hot so I cut it short which with rain for the next two weeks I'll probably have to do a lot, I wish there was some way to help that aside of baths and staying in bed but there's not that I've found. Tomorrow's work and I'm trying to find someone to take me to pick up my prescriptions. Have a great Thursday!

No Zero Days
    chair cardio, abs and upper body, stretching
    ate well and under calories
    great water intake
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm glad Rich will be discharged today. That sucks you lost your sense of smell. I hope it comes back quickly. Continued good thoughts for you both.

@AustinRuadhain Aww thank you! I am inspired by that phrase, too. Yes, modern art is not appreciated, or liked, by all. I do agree that it takes a different mindset to enjoy! Thank you! I appreciate it. How are you doing?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Great job staying in the produce section! No tips for the Marmite or Vegemite, good luck with those, never had them. Great job with your no zeros!

@Katmary71 I'm so glad you made it to the pain clinic on time. Yeah, I usually enjoy the winter but it's just been cold for too long and I'm ready to sit out on the walkway with a book and a drink and enjoy the weather. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well.

Hi all. Not much to report. Not doing so hot. I hope you are doing better than me.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a half-decent amount of water (50 oz), ate healthy snacks, had broccoli with dinner, and ate what I planned for dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @Katmary71 – So I was a bit of a hellion back in my high school days. One Friday night I was at a party out in a subdivision that had large lots. We were all outside on the deck having fun. I was drinking, but not plastered. It was my curfew, so I went home but decided I wanted to go back. I snuck out my bedroom window, put my mom’s car in neutral and pushed it out to the end of the driveway…hopped in and away I went back to the party. The only spot I could find to park was across the road opposite the driveway. About an hour later, someone left the party but didn’t maneuver out of the driveway correctly. Everyone heard the crunch and my best guy friend, Adam (who looked like Slash…gorgeous hair) was so stoned and yelled, “Dude! Your car!” Yup. He was talking to me. Back passenger door completely dented in. No. I did not tell my mom the truth. She thought I had gone to play pool earlier, so I just told her someone at the pool hall backed into me while I was inside and I had no idea who did it. I would say I learned my lesson about sneaking out after that, but I didn’t. That happened when I came home one night to see the foot step under my bedroom window gone, my window shut and locked, and my dad sitting in the living room at 3am waiting for me :D
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Sorry...had to do some actual work. Job always getting in the way of my social life! Back to the TVP... I use crumbles anywhere that I used to use ground beef. I have no problem working with that size. When I rehydrate, I use vegan beef bullion along with McCormick's Grillmates seasoning. Then I might mix it with Manwich to make Sloppy Jose's. Or I'll add taco seasoning. Or I'll add it to a tomato sauce for pasta or veggies. I'm good with soy curls, too, using vegan chix bullion and soul seasoning. Mainly use those for either chix salad or fajitas (fajita seasoning and fajita oil). Are those the types of ideas you were looking for? Or am I way off the mark? Oh - and rehydration ratio is 1:1 (Boil water and seasonings, turn off heat, add tvp, cover for 10 minutes. Ready to use!)
    So to everyone, my problem are the large chunks of TVP. Trying to get those to mimic, say, steak. For things like a beefy stir fry or "steak" sandwich. Those types of recipes. I'm going to do some experimenting with the vegemite and marmite. I was hoping for notes from the peanut gallery, but y'all are letting me down! Hahaha
    Anyway, I'm still doing good with the food choices. I haven't even glanced at the vending machine in days :smiley: We'll see how it goes tomorrow night when Hunter and I go watch Scream 6. I'm debating on sneaking in hummus and carrots! Hahaha! Anyone else planning on watching it opening weekend? After that, 65 is on my list. Who doesn't love Adam Driver, amiright? Toodles!
    No Zero Days logging for 3/8:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 133.0
    CW: 131.0
    I’ve been waiting for a year for a whoosh , any whoosh 😂😂
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I did a brief scroll trying to catch up a bit.

Congratulations to everyone who has had a loss this past week and to all of those hanging in there.

Ive been MIA due to traveling. Ive been busy with the new home here, catching up with friends and keeping up with the stridekick challenge. Thanks @JenAWhite!!! It’s the best ever to keep me going.

My calories have been ok but my food choices, well hmmm 🤔 my lovely neighbors and friends have sent so many pastries, cakes, cookies and invites to meals, that it’s been a challenge to stay within calories. It’s been small amounts, sometimes bites of things just to try and then say yum.

Im leaving tomorrow, so I will be back on track Sunday or Monday. I’ll be able to do a proper catch up.

Cheering everyone on though!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I need to come to say I need some motivation. I’m falling into my old snacking habits again. I’m packing lunches that are good, but after supper I’m struggling. I feel I do well most of the day, then blow it around 9pm. I don’t want this! Advice?!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 231
    CW: 233
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Thursday
    PW: 159.9
    CW: 157.8

I feel good about this last week. I hope I can keep it up this week. I don't have any parties or wild plans this week. Thank goodness, after last weekend, I don't want to drink (shots) again. I just want to keep it casual.

I went through everyone's posts, @trooworld @txcritter69 you two have some serious talent. Your crafts are beautiful and, it made decide to pick up my crochet again.

I made some good food choices this past week, but the best was today. I made honey mustard air fried pork chops (skinnytaste.com), broccoli & cheddar rice a Roni (I know, lol, I know) and roasted Brussel sprouts with a balsamic glaze. Omg, this was so good and even the hubby said, it was 😋 delicious.

I want to thank @JenAWhite for the stridekick challenges. They have given me some much needed motivation.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get one of my grand beauties and keep her for a few days. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate enough to at least go walking. There is a shopping trip coming so, we can find something fun to do together.

Y'all have a great evening/day.

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 first try a big glass of water, you may be needing more hydration. Also, try having set snacks.

I keeps cucumber and celery around for those moments. I’ll put a tbsp of ranch in a dish to dip.

My favorite is kallo thin corn cakes (under 25 cal) with a tsp of philly cream cheese and a sprinkling of everything bagel seasoning. It’s crispy, salty and snacky. Sometimes, if I have a sweet craving I’ll put some jam with the cream cheese or do some pb.

I also space my meals and try to keep around 240 and under. It gives me 2 snacks in the day. I have bfast around 7-8, morning snack at 11:30, lunch at 2:30, dinner at 7:30 and still have space for a snack when the mood hits and it always does. Now I am having some smoked salmon and a small piece of german pretzel (guilty pleasure when in town). I stopped breads but have had some since traveling. I can attest that I don’t feel as well and have more cravings since having bready carbs again.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.5
    CW: 172.3

• trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 226.4
    CW: 225.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 The things we think we can get away with when we are young lol. As far as the TVP, it sounds like you need some sort of a binder with it. Instead of TVP, could you use seitan in those recipes? Do you like seitan? Great job avoiding the vending machines and making good food choices! I am not watching Scream 6, I hope you and Hunter enjoy it. I would totally sneak in hummus and carrots lol.

@GabiV125 Congrats on your whoosh!

@19shmoo69 I think motivation is fleeting, you have to rely on your commitment to getting healthier. I get what you are saying, I also am tired of being fat, tired, and achy. As @Katmary71 said, you make the commitment to come here, I'd say you are in it for the win! Trainers are expensive. I could never afford them either. Please, if you are thinking of giving up, DON'T! I will speak on behalf of this team in saying that we all want you to succeed and want you to achieve your goals. Is there anything we can do to help you?

@Katmary71 Ugh, no more rain, please! My best friend likes to read large print books. What allergies? ;) I am experiencing sneezing lately. It must be that time of year. Oh gosh, I'm sorry about your microcurrent machine. Can you still use it? I'm sorry about Bill. Poor guy.

@AmbersWay It sounds like you have wonderful friends and neighbors. Safe travels.

@sleepygirl79 Can you plan for a healthy evening snack? Maybe even pretrack it so you know it's been "approved."

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Yay for picking up crochet again!!! You can't eat with yarn in your hands, can you? :P Wow, that meal sounds amazing! I hope you get to go walking. Enjoy the time with the grand beauties!

@Cornanda Way to go!

Hi all. I'm worried about my husband. He woke up with part of his face (down by his chin) swollen and it's getting worse. He is busy at work today but I'm telling him he needs to go to urgent care. I hope I can get him to go.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz), and ate what I planned.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:240.9
    CW:243.8

Have a Cold so not surprising :(
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all!

@davidji82 - I am so sorry about the cold. Hang in there!

@trooworld - Congratulations on your No Zero day yesterday! And woohoo to the great weigh-in! Let us know how your husband is doing. That sounds scary, especially with his not going to urgent care (yet).

@Cornanda - Hurray to that great weigh-in!

@19shmoo69 - I will chime in here to agree with @KatMary71 -- you are already a very determined person. It sounds like you are having a rough patch. Hang in there, and give yourself credit for the effort you have been putting into your health.

@DrewsAnna - Hurray for that great weigh-in!

@sleepygirl79 - I so sympathize with the late night snack monster. For me, what works is a bright line -- "the kitchen closes at 7." After that, herbal tea. I sometimes scoot in at 6:45 for a tablespoon of sugarfree peanut butter if I think I am going to get too hungry. Your mileage may totally vary. I am just offering what works for me.

@AmbersWay - Thanks for checking in! Safe travels!

@KatMary71 - I am glad you now have a name for why Bill has been hurting. Good for him for being persistent about going to the ER.

@GabiV125 - Hurray for your whoosh!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Thank you for sharing your story about being a teenage hellion. It's impressive and charming!
    (I was the opposite. My dad apologized later He hadn't appreciated how easy I was. My sister made him reassess his assessment of me as a teenager. The only car I dented was due to either (A) a sticky accelerator or (B) my bad driving, depending on which of us you asked. My neighbor's tree stood right behind our driveway and I gave it *ahem* a bit of a bump one day. The tree was fine, so all was good.)

I have been playing the No Zeros game all week. It's great!

My no zeros for Thursday:
    🟢Eating fruits and vegetables
    🟢Fasting window (aiming for 17-7)
    🟢Steps (10K plus!)
    🟢Hydration
    🟢Organizing/decluttering
    🟢Martial arts practice

I have a big project I need to work on this morning. Oh, and laundry. I need to catch up before we run out of unmentionables. Onwards!
This discussion has been closed.