• bobagurl2017
    bobagurl2017 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    PW: 170.8
    CW: 171

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @jugar Think I’m going to try again tomorrow and see where I land.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    PW: 189.8
    CW: 189.1

I thought my post went through last week but I can’t find it! Sorry @jugar about that. I must have not had good service when I tried to post.

I went to Vermont last weekend for a ski trip and it was wonderful! We had such a blast. I hope to do something like that again in the future with that group of friends.

My goals for next week are to stay within my calorie range for 5 days. My in-laws are visiting on Saturday to see a show, and then I have a Cooking Club on Sunday with a group of friends.

I’m going to accomplish that by:
    Pre-logging my meals every day
    Pre-scheduling my workouts for the week, focusing on 3 days of strength workouts and 2 cardio workouts
    Taking my dog on at least a 20 minute walk in the morning if the weather is good 😊

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Well, that was a lazy Friday, but ended with an amazing get-together for dinner. Everyone from the ol' grandparents to their teenage kids, a 30 year-old artist from Mexico, and a few other friends. So much good conversation! Simple vegetarian food, but wine for the first time in a week. That's it for the week too. I am seeing now that my complacent eating method has now become due for a change - the portions are probably a bit too large for the aging me, and it is time to pare them down a bit. I hate it that maintenance + aging = reducing total intake even if exercise is not too bad. Hmmph. Needless to say, I was not too thrilled with today's weigh-in!

We're all moving right along, though, and here comes Saturday! Here are all the remaining weigh-ins for the week:
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @PlaneMonkey
    @BrownMargaret3021
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @carlsoda

Thanks!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    SW: 163
    3/04: 162.7
    3/11: 162.5
    3/18: 163.5

Ugh still a week of not feeling great - that’s like two weeks of feeling very weak and tired. My stomach was acting up too so I had to cut back on vegetables and eat more carbs and banana to feel better.

Luckily I have a doctor appt on Tuesday and I may have her check my iron levels. This happened about 9 months ago when they dropped and I was feeling pretty similar.

The funny thing - my weight have been up and down all over the place (water retention) yesterday it was 162.1 LOL! But it’s okay I am a rule follower! Hope to get this figured out soon!!

Now to get caught up on some reading - I haven’t been into our group for a number of days!!

• jugar
    Options
    Well, gang - we're having a red week. There have been some lovely greens, but the rest of us are struggling with it right now. No need for apologies or feeling bad, but yes need for adaptation and course corrections. I know I really (really!) need to get my meal ending game going way better, especially lunch. For some reason, lunch kind of ends, then "grazing" (=eating!) continues. That needs to stop. It does not feel good at all. So, I'm going back to meal ending signals. Log before first bite, eat, then lay down a marker that the meal is over. Brush teeth. Wash the dishes. Have something planned to do that gets me out of the kitchen area.

If you're in the same kind of red boat, what are you going to try to head back the other way?

If you're holding on and keeping green, share your tips too!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'll be skipping weigh in this coming week @jugar with us being away :smile:

I have had a very busy week. Lots of errands/shopping/chores/jobs done. This morning I got a full bed dug over at the allotment - last year, when it was the first pass on a bed, I was doing them across 2 weekends, but I got the one today done in a couple of hours. I can tell my back is aching a bit now and I'm probably in for it tomorrow, but I think the work on the snatch has strengthened my core and back significantly. Tomorrow I will dig through compost and level both beds, then plant out the garlic so my sister doesn't need to go down to the allotment whilst she's house sitting for us. The narcissi are about to flower and the grape hyacinth are not far behind so I hope we don't miss them!

When I've finished writing this I'm going to check over my holiday clothes. We're planning to get OH some trainers this evening and it would be useful to be sure my clothing fits in case I want to pick anything up whilst we're out.

One thing I am looking forward to about settling at a (hopefully lower) weight, is not worrying whether I'll need new clothes for every season/occasion/holiday in case the old stuff doesn't fit. It would also be nice to not be holding on to loads of too-small clothes, but I can't justify the expense of replacing them as I do reach those smaller sizes, so they'll stay vacuum packed under the bed for now.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    7f8lw17er89a.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    The March Week 4 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Mar 19th. Hope you'll join us for a round of Fitness Bingo this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886670/march-week-4-group-challenge-fitness-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to wrap up Week 3! Last call for final weigh-ins:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @BrownMargaret3021

Thanks!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Up to 175 today, and it could be water retention because I went hard in the gym again yesterday, or it could be the increased calories over the last week catching up to me.

So to answer @jugar about the red week I had, I'm going to rededicate for next week to staying as close to my deficit calories as possible, while trying to maintain high protein.

My definition of "high protein" might have to change from 100g to between 80-100g, we'll have to see. Time to go check out my options for the meal prepping I'm doing, to try to maximize my efforts this week.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I won't have access to a scale from Wed-Sun as I'm travelling to Lloydminster for business Wed/Thurs and then I fly out to Vancouver Thurs night to meet Brad there for the weekend before we both return home Sunday.

I won't need a pass this week but I will have to weigh in a day early.

We had a really fun weekend, but unfortunately a lot of times fun = food in our world. It's also my TOM so the scale is up a fair bit today.

Last week's success was my stronger exercise numbers:

Mar 12- 6643 steps + 21 minutes Peloton
    Mar 13 - 8265 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    Mar 14 - 9933 steps + 32 minutes Peloton
    Mar 15 - 8858 steps + 48 minutes Peloton
    Mar 16 - 9991 steps
    Mar 17 - 8663 steps
    Mar 18 - 12705 steps

This week, I want to focus on tracking every bite, and more water. Just went and refilled my bottle!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Greetings, Friends! Here's my Sunday weigh-in:

PW - 186.4
    CW - 186.1

And here are my walk and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 12th March - 2482
    Monday 13th - 2591 / 46mins Lower Body Metcon (HR12W3.0 Day 28)
    Tuesday 14th - 4074
    Wednesday 15th - 9469
    Thursday 16th - 1125
    Friday 17th - 1405
    Saturday 18th - 2044

Very low steps and only one dedicated workout this week, I'm afraid. It's been such a crazy week, workwise. I have had a lot of course deliveries and I'm also designing a training programme for a high-profile client. So self care has been very low this week.

As things stand I've worked all weekend, but even though I have another busy week ahead, I'm determined to get in more workouts next week, paint my nails tonight, and make sure I get to my choir on Wednesday night.

Happy Mothers Day to all the UK mums in the group.
This discussion has been closed.