FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 138.4
    CW: 137.0

The most important thing to remember is to stay hydrated at all times. Lol, I dream about a big fluffy biscuit with butter and honey, but I have the taste of it to remembered so it's not so bad, I can resist the craving. I'm very proud of myself for maintaining so far, but I'm still experimenting with how much I can eat. Yesterday I cheated but only by about 200 calories.

Go Team! Mission Slimpossibles, 2nd place this week! @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @AustinRuadhain Congratulations to the winners!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna – That IP baked ziti sounds fabulous! Share the recipe if you can!
    @shaunarlr83 – So glad you loved your card and you received it right on the dot! I really enjoyed 65…brainless fun ;) Good luck with those scrubs! You can do it!
    @Cornanda – I am so sorry about your friend. She was so young. Prayers for her family and friends and for your trip to see your mom. It’s heartbreaking when the people we love don’t remember us. Hugs.
    @trooworld – Did you mention The Whisper Man on here previously? Maybe that’s why I was drawn to that when I saw it on the shelf at the library! I am all about the crime thrillers and that style of books, so it was right up my alley. And OMGoodness! Nope! Violet is not leaving your household for sure! Hahahaha! What a stinkin’ cutie!
    @AmbersWay – Love your autocorrect donut…hahahaha!
    @txcritter69 – Wanna come to my house to rip up flooring? I can’t muster anything!
    @sleepygirl79 – Pick up anything fun when shopping today?
    Side note to @shaunarlr83, @trooworld and @Cornanda – I had sent those cards all out early enough and they all ended up back in my mailbox days later with a note from my post office that they each needed 7c more postage. Seven! Like really, Mr. Postman? Seven.Freaking.Cents. And how long did they sit at my local P.O.?!? I’m so glad they still made it in time!
    So my lame brain idea of getting pizza and watching the movie yesterday was a stupid idea. The pizza place was closed. I called my mom to tell her. So then she wants the vegan hot dog place. Closed on Mondays, too. I told her we could just make spaghetti at her place. Y’all. That almost 80 year old woman threw a freaking toddler temper tantrum! She wanted take out as if her life depended on it. I told her she needed to admit she was acting like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka. She admitted it. So then she wanted Chinese. Thank you, God! It was open! Then, once we started watching the movie, she and Hunter wouldn’t stop making silly remarks about everything. I told them I was going to watch 2 and 3 by myself and go to see 4 by myself. Forget those jokers. I have GOT to find me a local group of friends I can start watching movies with. Those two were ridiculous. I must be insane since I always think the next time will be different. OK. Enough of my First World Problems rant. Breathe, Jennifer. Ima go eat some fruit. Have a good night, Peeps!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 205 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I got my plants back outside and planted my herbs and veggies in garden. We will see how it goes. Still have trim to do, but I am happy with it.
  • txcritter69
    Options
    6qgbllx9nkp8.jpg
    Diesel wanted in on the photo shot😂
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Catching up quickly and headed to bed. Having a bad pain night, hopefully the barometer pressure won't be as bad the next two days as it is tonight.

@Cornanda Oh Lisa I'm so sorry to hear about your high school bestie, huge hug! You never expect childhood friends to not be there one day, they're almost as permanent as our immediate family. I think seeing your Mom sooner is a great idea.

@sleepygirl79 Oh if you see this in time if you do a cold brew at Starbucks with light (or full is only about 200 calories) vanilla sweet cream or salted caramel cream it's is a good swap if you're used to things like mochas and frappaccinos. The iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso is good too, it's my favorite of the shaken espresso ones and those are lower than the full cream versions of cold brews or Nitros. I used to go there and get a Venti frapp or white mocha with a muffin having no clue that's basically a day's worth of calories and enough sugar for a week! Good luck with the doctor and have fun shopping!

@shaunarlr83 I hope you're feeling better fast, you've really been hit with it and need a break. I love that you gave the guy you've liked for a long time your number, that would be great if you hear from him but even if you don't you should be proud of yourself for being so brave. When I met my current boyfriend in person for the first time we were both crazy nervous (first date in 25 years for me and since his divorce over 10 years ago and we had a few dates over a weekend), I actually thought it was sweet he was nervous and he felt that way too so you never know! I'm sorry to hear about the tension between your mom and sister, it's so stressful to feel like you're in the middle of two people you love. YES to smaller clothes! When is your birthday?

@AmbersWay OK I only saw Princess at first in that photo, they're both beautiful but she actually looks like a princess too! Queenie knows she's beautiful too but doesn't need to be front and center! I could be reading too much into the picture of course. The Armenian pastry is a "gata", ironically I thought the bakery that made it was Nazooks but that's another name for it (in Armenian which I don't speak) as I learned Googling it. Here's the Wiki description then following that is a link to a recipe (never tried making it so no clue if hers would be good): "Nazook (also spelled nazuk or nazouk, Armenian Նազուկ) is the name of an Armenian pastry made from flour, butter, sugar, sour cream, yeast, vanilla extract and eggs, with a filling often made with nuts, and especially walnuts. Nazouk is sometimes referred to as gata." You can find it in Winco's bakery area by Nazooks if you want to try it, if it's stale or just because it's tastes great that way pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. It's also at Middle Eastern bakeries and stores as well or you can try this recipe:

https://hildaskitchenblog.com/recipe/nazook-armenian-pastry/

@DrewsAnna Yum baked ziti sounds amazing! Great job on the workout too, you're doing awesome righ tnow!

@trooworld Love seeing Violet, she's SO cute! Sounds like the dogs hit it off and you're very likely going to have another fail. :) I think two pugs happily chasing each other would be the cutest thing ever, just picturing it has me smiling!

Talk to you all tomorrow, make it amazing!

No Zero Days
    - great workout, lower body and ab strengthening, dance, stretching
    - great water as I've had a lot of tea
    - semi-healthy day and under calories (was trying to use up a jar of tomato sauce so I made pizza and the skinnytaste meatball back to back).

Have a great Wednesday!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 the pastries sound similar to Hungarian Kifli’s. My grands were from Hungary and Belgium. It plays a lot into why I love food and cooking. My grandmother was always in the kitchen and she included everyone with helping/learning.

Well done on your no zeros!

@vegan4lyfe2012 omg! Your mom’s tantrum may be my future. I can see myself older and pickled about not getting my favorite meal. Heck I get pickled now when I am hungry. My husband will ask when I last ate. It probably has something to do with my hypoglycemia but we get a giggle out of it. Everyone is like feed mom quick.

@txcritter69, your garden is looking great.

—-

No zeros

I managed 13k steps
    I did my 40 minutes cycling and 20 of strength training.
    I cleaned and cleaned some more (never ends)

I treated myself to a new top and shoes for working out. Whatever these Nikes are, they’re super comfy. I’m getting ready for summer. I hope to get some good walks in.

I also started investing more in my skin care. I turned 47 last week(ish) and figure I better step it up with my potions and lotions. So far my skin has held it together 😜 I’m not a big shopper, I go out once in a while and try to get months down at once. So this time is skin care and work out items. Also got knee cushions (my knees are weak) and yoga blocks. Trying to keep the workouts without feeling miserable later.

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

Congratulations to everyone on your losses this week. I can't remember who posted the picture of their fur babes but, I love them and I'm sending them virtual hugs 🤗🤗

Today was another great day! I had a healthy breakfast and a healthy dinner. Lol, I had pizza for lunch but, right when I was done eating I leashed up my best buddy and took a 2 mile walk. When I got home I found a standing arms & core workout. I really liked it and I'll be doing it again.

We didn't have the baked ziti tonight and probably won't tomorrow either. I still haven't gone grocery shopping because the weather has been nice, tomorrow is our last day of nice weather till next week sometime. I decided to go grocery shopping this weekend and have this weeks meal plan next week. Here is the recipe.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/instant-pot-baked-ziti/

I'm really tired so y'all havens great evening/day 🙂

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Yeah it was really good. Thank you about Violet! Queenie and Princess are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't get your husband's bug. Oh I just read he's better, that's good. Those sound like great rewards. LOL about donut. I also invested in skincare fairly recently, I'm 54 and thought it was time.

@txcritter69 Thank you! I'm sorry sleep isn't going well. Good luck with the plants! Oh I'm glad the planting went well, it looks really nice! Diesel awwwww.

@sleepygirl79 I hope it went well.

@FushiaKat I need to work harder on hydration. Great maintenance weigh-in.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Maybe? I'm glad you liked it! She is totally not leaving lol. Yes, the card came on St Patty's Day (I think) so just in time! I'm sorry all the places were closed on Mondays. That stinks. I'm glad Chinese was open. Sorry about the movie drama lol.

@Katmary71 I'm sorry about the pain. Hugs to you. Thank you! Probably another fail lol. It is pretty cute to see them chase each other. Great job getting your no zeros in through the pain!

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you had a great day. Thanks for the link.

Hi all. I woke up dizzy/off-kilter. I hope I can rally so I can drive to work. I've got stuff to do. We found out Violet is only barely 9 months old! We thought she was around 2 years old. She acts very much still young. She needs much more exercise than my 7+ year old puggy.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate a healthy lunch, and went on many dog walks :) .

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 sadly, I did not find anything worthy when shopping. Next weekend is cross border shopping, so I'm sure to find something then. What movie did you watch? Sounds like your mom is living her best life. I'm a bit of a child when it comes to things like that. I'll forever love a good poop or fart joke. haha
    @Katmary71 thanks for the Starbucks suggestion! I ended up deciding not to go, but I will keep this order in mind for my next craving. I usually do fraps/capps as I don't love a strong coffee taste. Those look good! Hope you are feeling less achy today.

The appointment was fine yesterday. The drive tuckered me out and my lunch did not sit well. It was nice to get home. I snuck an hour nap in before supper and then headed out with my teen and his buddy to a games night it town. They have a bunch of different board/card games at a little bakery/cafe and you can learn and play different ones. It's really fun. Plus: I did not order any baked goods or drinks while there! I did sneak a tiny bite of my son's cheesecake though (I paid for it after all). lol! Seriously, it was tiny!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - So you like thrillers! If you have Netflix, take a look at The Recruit. My husband and are enjoying it.
    I am way behind you and @KatMary71 on movies, though. Do you like Lee Child's books?

White Grape Tea sounds yummy. I will watch out for that.

Your salad picture is gorgeous! I love that you grew some of that yourself!

@19shmoo69 - Nice to have the teens roped into doing yard work! Enjoy it while it lasts!

@Katmary71 - How are you doing today? Is the barometer treating you any better? Sending virtual hugs.

@DrewsAnna - Hurray for all that shopping. Did you get in your walk today?

@shaunarlr83 - It sounds like life is being super busy. Hang in there!
    So sorry about the headache and the family drama. Any news on the misbehaving truck? (I drive a very old car, too. I hope the truck recovers!)

@Cornanda - I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend. So sorry. What a heartache for you. 💐

@trooworld - Thank you for making me smile with the Pug Olympics. Violet is adorable!

@AmbersWay - Queenie and Princess are gorgeous, and they look so happy!

@txcritter69 - Wait, you just ripped out the floor in your bathroom? You are a house project monster! Wow! Oh, and Diesel is so cute!

@FushiaKat - Woohoo! Great weigh-in this week!

Tuesdays are super long for me this semester, and I headed to bed early last night. I started reading posts and realized I was halfway to sleeping!

I am having a good No Zero Day so far.
    🟢Eating fruits and vegetables
    🟢Fasting window (aiming for 17-7)
    🟡Steps (haven't made my daily goal yet, but am headed out for a walk shortly)
    🟢Hydration
    🟢Organizing/decluttering
    🟡Martial arts practice (need to fit something in this evening; this is what I do for strength training)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay They do sound similar to Kifli's for sure, I Googled them and they have the same ingredients aside of the ones with jam in them. Great no zeros!

@DrewsAnna You go check ou out with the awesome walk and standing workout! Enjoy every day of the nice weather! OMG that recipe looks even better than I imagined!

@megnolia82 Good evening, hope you had a wonderful day and tomorrow is even better!

@trooworld Thank you, hugs back! I hope to see more pictures and would love to see those two together. I love seeing pictures of everyone's kids, grandkids, and pets and what their lives are like. Wow so Violet's still a puppy, she's going to keep Daisy on her toes! I hope you're feeling better when you read this.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's an absolutely beautiful salad! It's funny how it feels twice as good when it's harvested from something you've grown.

@sleepygirl79 Oh then I'd definitely skip Nitro and probably the cold brew too. Weirdly the shaken espressos don't taste as strong even though they're lower calorie. When I was making cold brew at home I was going through a TON of coffee so I get how that would be too strong for you. Games night sounds like a lot of fun, did he have a favorite? My older nephew likes playing games though these days he's most likely on the computer, that's great your son enjoys physical ones.

@AustinRuadhain I enjoy Lee Child's, I haven't read a lot but a few! Hugs back to you, I had a tough night and am not feeling the best but plan to wake up stronger tomorrow. In a few days the rain will go away thank goodness. Amazing No Zero Day, way to go! I need to copy you with decluttering but I DID give my mom back about 20 books last weekend (when I drop books at the library the “friends of the library” books jump in my arms and beg to be adopted).

Hi team! Had a tough night, I finally got my pain to calm down enough to sleep and my chest started burning. I was mad since I ate dinner at 5PM and it was 12:30AM and figured I shouldn't have it so when I Googled to see how much baking soda to drink in water to calm it down and saw something about NSAIDS I clicked it and NOW I know what the problem has been, I take one around 9:30 on an empty stomach and it gives me heartburn every once and awhile. I got up and ate and was probably over calories but to stop the burning or because I have low blood sugar I don't beat myself up over extra calories. I've lost my glasses lens too which I did last year on the opposite side but found, now that it's on my dominant eye I'm getting nauseous walking around without one (I thought my allergies were making my vision weird and must have lost it a few days ago). Heck if I know where it was but since my vacuum was just badly clogged and I tossed a bunch of cat hair and the cans have been taken I'm assuming it's at the dump as the suction wasn't working well before I'd dumped it and sent it home with my dad to look at). I'm so lucky my head's attached and I can't lose it! Workout good, had to cut up a branch which I sat down to do. Pain's still bad but I need good sleep and no rain so I'm making the best of it. Have a great Thursday! I'm going to lunch with a friend tomorrow and working on a project so I'm off to bed.

No Zero Days
    Under calories and got a healthy salad at Jack's Urban Eats when I went out
    good workout (chair cardio, arms and abs strength, and stretching plus a little yard work)
    Great water
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 130.2
    CW: 128.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That looks really good!

@sleepygirl79 I'm glad the appt went okay. The game night does sound fun, I love that kind of thing.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! Get some sleep. ;)

@Katmary71 Will do! Thank you, not feeling much better, more on that later. I'm sorry you didn't sleep well, I hope your pain gets better today.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss!

Well, I was feeling awful yesterday (nausea, lightheaded/dizzy/off-kilter, headache). At first, I thought it was low blood sugar so I drank OJ and ate a breakfast sandwich but that didn't help so called my healthcare provider. They wanted me to go to urgent care so I did. They were concerned about a possible stroke so they did an EKG, ran a lot of blood work but they also gave me IV fluids in case I was dehydrated. The blood work and EKG didn't give any clues. If I wasn't feeling better, they wanted me to go to the ER but after the fluids, I *thought* I was feeling a little better so they sent me home. I wasn't feeling better, I realized as I went to the car, but I didn't go to the ER. I just couldn't sit for 6-12 hours in the ER feeling like that. I also have things to do, today Violet gets spayed and tomorrow Daisy gets an echocardiogram. I promise I am monitoring my symptoms.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Went on several dog walks.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning!

I hope everyone's week is going great for them. It has been pretty busy here.

@AmbersWay Thank you! So true on cleaning. As soon as I finish one room and move on esteem the mess just finds it way back to the one I finished.
    Awesome that you treated yourself to new workout items. It is important to replace shoes often when you use them A LOT. A few yrs. Ago when I was walking Sansa (she was my walking buddy) everyday I went through shoes every 3 to 4 months. Once my feet started hurting it was time for new ones.
    If you or @trooworld run across a really good deep wrinkle cream let me know. 😁

@DrewsAnna awesome on food choices and adding I exercises to fix your fumble at lunch.

@megnolia82 Hope your day is awesome.

@trooworld It's ok. I don't think my body is cut out for all that sleep. I heard that when you wake up that is when you should get up. That is your body telling you it has had enough sleep.
    I am really hoping my garden works out. Last yrs I planted green beans 3 times and the all died when they would reach about 7 to 8 in high🤞
    I am sorry yoh are not feeling well. Do take care of yourself.

@vegan4lyfe2012 OH MY 👀 That salad 😋 I hope to one day pull that out of my garden. If I ever finish my house I will come rip up yours. As long as I don't have to lay the new stuff. 😉

@AustinRuadhain Yes, we have been living in our house for 23 yrs. We started remodeling back in 2020. It has been a long slow process. We have already replaced flooring in living, dinning and one of the bedrooms. But I am loving every bit of it. This are the rooms almost finished. We still have baseboards and trim to do.833eehkkhug5.jpg
    qtj0yrwtvbzv.jpgahdndxhb2tzm.jpg

You are doing great on your no zero days.

@Katmary71 I am sorry yoh are hurting,but I totally understand. I hope the pain eases up. Sounds like you have been having some crazy days.

@GabiV125 Awesome weigh in!

I got some cleaning and laundry done yesterday. Not sure yet what today will bring. For now just you g to enjoy the my morning coffee and watch a few future videos.

• AmbersWay
    Options
    @txcritter69 love before and afters!
    I’ll take a picture when I get up later of my night/day cream along with the gua sha (spelling) I bought. I am pretty wrinkle free but I had 2 decently deep lines on my forehead . Since doing that thing daily with my clarins its had amazing results. I’ll try to see if I have a before pic that is clear.

@Katmary71 I hope you’re feeling better. Definitely be careful with the nsaids. They can be harsh on your tummy. I’m allergic but have kept up with side effects for my mom.

@trooworld I hope you’re feeling better. Keep track of your vitals and log your symptoms.

My eyes are closing. I’ll be back after a nap to continue
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Your before and after pictures are inspiring! What fun! I especially love the puppy supervising in some of the photos!

@trooworld - I am glad you are keeping an eye on yourself as well as the pups. I loved that your no zero day was dog walks -- fun and healthy. I do hope you are feeling better.

@GabiV125 - Monster weigh-in this week -- hurray!

@Katmary71 - I am glad you figured out the NSAID issue, and can take care of your stomach as well as pain. Have you found your glasses lens?
    Oh, and I salute you for getting 20 books out of your house. I need to do more of that!

I am off to work on taxes. Woohoo?

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 157

@vegan4lyfe2012 that salad looks delicious. Lol, it almost made me drool a little 😅😅😅

@AustinRuadhain Oh boy, I have walked, worked out, used my dumbbells and my resistance bands. Lol, I'm feeling the burn and feeling great.

@txcritter69 I love your before and afters. It all looks great. I really love your pup.

Hey y'all,

I've been doing pretty good. My food choices have been improving and lol, I've been exercising like crazy. Walking, working out, using my dumbbells and today, my resistance band. I feel really good with my progress.

Yesterday, I took a break though, I was sore, tired and kind of upset because one of my older feral cats passed away. I am pretty sure I should not have animals, because I just get attached so easily. When they pass its like I lost a family member.

The pictures are from my walk the other day. I just love being able to see the mountains.

Y'all have a great evening/day 🙂

owo0rojgqwdm.jpg

u385g37rlsdd.jpg

• AmbersWay
    Options
    Finally made it back 😜

@DrewsAnna really sorry about kitty. So happy for your doing so great with eating and exercise. Well done. A good loss too! Beautiful pictures.

@vegan4lyfe2012 the vibrancy of that salad is gorgeous.

@FushiaKat you’re doing great at maintaining. The tip of staying hydrated is such a great reminder for all of us. Thank you!

@GabiV125 well done on your loss.

@Katmary71 I hope you’re feeling better 💐

Well I am here and struggling the last few days. I had some traumatic family news and it I really struggled to get up. I did and kept going and thankful I did. A couple handfuls of whoppers candy (a gift from a friends travels bcuz we don’t have them locally) and I was back on track. I did resist the breads and urge to eat until I felt better.

I hope everyone has a great and productive weekend.
This discussion has been closed.