Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

1131415161719»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @DrewsAnna There you are, I was wondering where you went, I'm glad to see you and hope you're over the health issues soon. I agree sinus and bronichitis are awful. It's pretty hard to eat well when feeling that bad plus that really affects your senses, weigh tomorrow and know it's game on after that, you got this! Banana pancakes sound awesome, I'll bave to check those out! Did you see skinnytaste just came out with a banana peanut butter muffin recipe? She posted it on Facebook and it was in the last or one-before-last meal plan. I stopped keeping PB in my house but want to try those!

@GabiV125 Enjoy your spring, it can get super hot and humid in the houth so spring is definity preferred, hope you get the chance to spend time outdoors in the nice weather.

@trooworld Oh no I'm sorry to hear the salad rocked your system a bit. Way to go on getting back to it after giving into cravings, I know for me not saying the day's a free-for-all after one thing goes wrong is a huge challenge. Wonderful no zero item!

@AmbersWay I've been playing with different The Ordinary items trying to find good cheaper skincare, I need to order the new eye serum and see if it helps. I've been going through some of Trader Joe's stuff and it's not bad either for the price.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You can handle 30 days of a program, you got this! I find it's easier to do things in shorter chunks like that like say no sugar for 3 weeks versus "forever". Your meal on your feed looked amazing! It would be a good idea to run the programs by your therapist and see what he thinks. I'd imagine with all you have going on in your family it's hard not to emotionally eat right now. I used to eat a lot of canned soups and love wild rice and chicken soups, one of my favorite vegan bloggers is Vegan Richa, maybe she has something though a lot of hers are Indian food-based? If you like a lot of spices definitely check her out. Have you seen Knock at the Cabin yet? Bill and I watched that while he was here, it just went to Netflix on the 23rd and we both liked it.

Hi team! Bill left this morning, I ran to Trader Joe's and came home and wait straight to sleep as I was exhausted from the last couple days. Caught up with a little work and worked out and that's all I accomplished today. Tomorrow's the food bank farm greenhouse, we're moving more plants to larger pots then the ones that were moved to pots and recuperating we need to take over to the farm. I'm getting my second fence fixed tomorrow and taking my neighbor out to dinner as a belated birthday gift to a Mexican restaurant that just reopened. The Easter basket project is Saturday morning at the food bank and we're doing a food drive, I currently have a basket filled with goodies for a child in need on the counter but can't eat them or I'm a total jerk so gotta be strong (I have some yummy stuff from Trader Joe's that I shouldn't have bought if I really am craving something). Once that's behind me I can work on next month's goals, anyone have ideas yet for April? Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    under calories and mostly healthy food
    great water
    chair cardio, arm and abs, stretching
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited March 2023
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 157
    CW:159

Hey y'all,

@Katmary71 yes, the banana pancakes recipe is from skinnytaste. A valentines day breakfast. 😋😋

@trooworld thank you. 🙂🙂

I gained 2 lbs. I'm so thankful that is all. I don't know why I want to eat everything in sight when I'm sick but, I do. Well, I had a pretty good day. I had a cottage cheese bowl for breakfast and keto nachos for dinner. Lol, I screwed up with lunch and had a QP from McDonald's. Tomorrow will be better.

This is the first time I have intentionally made a keto recipe and it was so good I'll definitely be trying out some more. @sleepygirl79 I saw your comment and I'll definitely keep that in mind.

It's supposed to be cold & wet tomorrow so I will try and do a 20 min walking work-out at home. I have a very important dr appt tomorrow, and it really depends on the outcome of my appt.

tbhlcp0is9i5.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @AmbersWay Oh that's good to know about the Terry. I'll definitely try it! I'll look for the pot.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm sorry you are struggling. Is there anything we can help with? I did Carb Conscious and liked it, although I switched to Conquer Cravings and really like that, it fits my eating style more. I hope you like Carb Conscious. I hope you have a good visit with your therapist and a great day! I don't know if you have an Instant Pot, but this recipe was delicious and is made in one: https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/pressure-cooker-chicken-soup-with-rice-from-scratch/ Here are my notes from cooking it: I added Vegeta instead of salt and poultry seasoning instead of thyme. I doubled the celery and carrots and added 2/3 cup of rice instead of 1/2 cup. It came out well.

@Katmary71 Thanks, my stomach feels better today but we are having a salad tonight so watch out! lol It used to be a huge challenge for me to not say f it for the rest of the day but somehow I got over that. It sounds like you have a really busy weekend planned. I do not have any goals for April, I am not sure if I will set any or just fly by the seat of my pants lol. Good job with your no zeros!

@DrewsAnna Oh I'm the same way when I am sick, although the last year or so, I tend to crave chicken soup and stuff like that. Your nachos look good. Good luck with your doctor's appointment today.

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I had a loss of 5 lbs this week. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I'll take it lol. I think it's because I started tracking again and walked more thanks to the new pupper. She needs a lot of walks lol. We had an obedience training lesson last night, it went really well. She learns quickly. I think she'll do well.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Pretracked most meals, and made dinner early when I knew I had a busy evening.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi MS.. another new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @fairymange :)
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 204 Member
    Good Morning!

Welcome @soniascarlett5173 and @Jactop

Just popping in to see how it is going for everyone.

Things not so hot here. Been struggling but really trying. Food choices have been awful and I am feeling it. Been bloated, aching and my mood has been really down in the dumps.
    Today I will be trying to focus on my cravings and making better choices.

Have a blessed day!

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕

• fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Amber and this is my first time ever trying the MFP boards, or any kind of accountability group. I've been hoping for a place to meet other dieters and share daily food/pics/activity journals to keep me honest.
    So far you guys have already taught me about the "No Zero Day" concept :D So, cheers to that.

Anyway, I'm from California (the crappy desert part- I don't surf) where I live with my husband, macaw, and cat. Teaching pays the bills but I also collect and resell vintage clothing in a small shop. The hubby and I love to travel and explore, and we're always on the hunt for antiques, old graveyards, pioneer towns, or Victorian architecture.

Sooo I gained about 10lbs on lockdown, 10lbs on two different trips to TN, and 5 lbs after switching jobs. At this point my clothes don't fit, or don't fit correctly. I've been depressed, lethargic, and just need a new approach.

Thanks for taking me on board! Hopefully I can get it together and be an asset to the team score. Excited to start the April challenge with everyone who's staying on!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 270 Member
    🎉Congratulations to all those who had a loss this week 🎉

@txcritter69 aww I hope things improve. We all go through those periods. You’ll be back at it soon enough. I just saw a video about drinking steeped ginger. It helps with bloating and other things.

@DrewsAnna those nachos look great. Glad you’re feeling better.

@trooworld you have done amazing this week. Tracking and moving is working well for you.

@katmary I hope you are rested up and had a great day gardening.

@davidji82 @Cornanda @trooworld congrats on your loss

@fairymange welcome to the group! You’re in the right place. Support, ideas and help with accountability.

Have a great weekend everyone 🌷

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Wait we get scored??

Will it help if I drink more coffee? I'm willing to drink more for the team.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    You have a new member, MS! Welcome @RachelCraythorne and enjoy :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    The April team chat thread is open! Go ahead over there to (re)introduce yourselves, set goals and intentions. Please continue to weigh in and post stats for March here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887758/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-april-2023/p1?new=1
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @DrewsAnna I look forward to seeing your keto recipes! I hope your doctor appointment went well today.

@trooworld That's an incredible loss! Haha I bet she needs lots of walks so things aren't too crazy with her around the house! I'm glad she learns fast, that's wonderful.

@fairymange Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles Amber! I'm glad you've joined us and hope No Zero Days will be a big help to you. We also do new intros at the start of every month which will help a lot for you getting to know all of us. Where in CA? I'm in the Sacramento area but grew up in San Jose. Do you read? When you mentioned California and vintage clothing it reminded me of Juliette Blackwell's series of a woman who sells vintage clothing in San Francisco and has a talking pig where something supernatural usually happens involving the clothing, it's a cozy mystery series that's real cute: https://www.amazon.com/Secondhand-Spirits-audiobook/dp/B007ITEU1G/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3MS3CBNMQNVI2&keywords=Juliet+Blackwell+witchcraft+mysteries&qid=1680320283&s=audible&sprefix=juliet+blackwell+witchcraft+mysteries,audible,137&sr=1-6 I had to call my Mom to remember who the heck the author was, I used to cut school and hang out in San Francisco all the time so it's a fun series for me. Sorry for the little tangent and welcome!

@txcritter69 Gentle hug, I hope today went better for you, it usually doesn't take long to start feeling better but getting over that first day is the pits, I'm right there with you feeling awful and knowing I need to get back to it after this last week.

@RachelCraythorne Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

Hi team! Had a busy day, I was at the greenhouse until noon starting lettuce and zucchini then back home for a quick nap and getting some things done before taking my neighbor out to dinner for her birthday. I actually did real good at dinner but the margarita and glass of wine made it over calories. Tomorrow's collecting and giving out Easter baskets for kids and need and the food drive, I'll probably only last a few hours but signed up for the morning shift and will take my walker and see how it goes. My neighbor gave me a bunch of books so I need to get through my current boring one to enjoy all these fun ones fast. Have a great Saturday team, any new April goals for you all yet?

No Zero Days
    relatively healthy and did good not eating many chips and only half my burrito
    greenhouse, 15 min chair cardio, abs and leg strengthening, and stretching
    great water
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Username: Micaroo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 125.4
    CW: 125.8
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday