Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    @pupowl Hope you got my email...hope you had a lovely day today! Keep smiling!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Thank you for pinging me here!! I wrote you back <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I plan to start posting daily again, but in the evening before bed this time, so I will check in later today! I will keep doing the daily cards in the morning (my morning anyway :smile: ). So here is the card for today! Happy Friday everyone <3
    sjbczl8w5jgf.jpg
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

That would be because I forgot to post them... I'm sorry!

3/24 4933 (traveling all day)

3/28 6308 (not 3/30 as I posted before)

3/29 7979

3/30 6452

I've really been burnt out on the treadmill and can't always get outside due to the weather. Really shows in my steps this month.

Friday Weigh In

@SavageMrsMoose

PW: 146.4

CW: 146.0

Not huge, but a loss. I'll take it!
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love the Friday card @Pupowl
    Haven’t checked in a lot this week, but I thought of you guys a lot and just read up on all the posts.
    Thank you for your encouraging words @CasandraW
    Workouts were good this week. Signed up for a 10 km run in June and found an amazing runners club in my area. They train on tuesdays so I had to give up my total body workout class for it. But as the friend I used to do it with doesn’t want to go anymore (and I can’t bring myself to go there alone regularly) I’m glad I found a replacement with the runners.
    Also doing Yoga on wednesdays and Pilates on thursdays (with my friend ☺️), which we both really like.
    Not tracking any calories right now. I focus on eating things that make me feel good instead. Maybe that’s a little less stressful than constantly thinking about calories and carbs.
    Hope the weigh in on Sunday turns out good…
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the daily card @pupowl. It made me think about songs that give me the chills when I hear them and make me want to sing along. I don’t have a nice voice but I enjoy music. I sing along in the car when I’m driving alone so I don’t ruin the song for anyone else but it makes me smile to see someone else who loves music singing along happily whether they have a pleasant voice or not!

Shape Shifters — Is there a song that gives you the chills and makes you sing along?

Angels Among Us by Alabama always makes me 😢 😭

I love music too. I could never sing Karaoke until one time on a cruise, I thought "What better time to make a fool of myself, among a bunch of people I don't know and will likely never see again?" I have decent pitch control (I was in choir in junior high school), but I don't have much of a range. But that doesn't stop me from singing along in the car.

Two of my favorite songs to sing are Into the Mystic and Moondance by Van Morrison. Now there's a singer who doesn't have the best singing voice, but boy does he know how to emote!
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 3/28: 13,509
    Wed 3/29: 10,170
    Thu 3/30: 10,108
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    frankwbrown
    March week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday, March 31
    PW: 239.9
    CW: 238.7 ( lost 1.2 lbs; 0.5%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 2.5 lbs; 1.04%) this month
  • Pupowl
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! I have been pretty absent here the past two weeks. Honestly I haven't been doing much. I have had a lot of trouble getting back into my routine. I dropped my workouts, my sleep wasn't great, my food was awful. I think I have been over calories every single day except maybe once.
    My sleep is sorted out again and I just finished a 10.000 step / 83 minute workout to 'ease' back into it, lol. This was partly 'punishment' for a bad food choice I made today. The day started of great and on plan. But then Tinus sat on my lap around 13:40 and didn't leave until 15:15. I was supposed to eat something around 14:00, but I 'couldn't because cat, so I got too hungry and made a stupid choice. Of course I should have just eaten my planned food (or removed Tinus) so this isn't exactly an excuse, but it for sure didn't help. Lesson learned though! I can tell when Tinus wants on my lap, so next time I will make sure to grab food before sitting down.
    It was his adoptaversary on Monday, I have had him for 8 years already! I was wise enough to not buy him more things to celebrate since he already has plenty of stuff. Instead he got an extra treat and I took some cute selfies with him. I don't want to share my face here, but I will put some cat pictures under the spoiler. On Tuesday he went to the groomer and he came back much less fluffy which is great. It has been pretty warm here lately, though also super wet and windy. It looks like next week will be better so I plan to go for a walk on Monday.
    Something else that is keeping my brain very busy is language learning! A few years ago I already made an attempt to learn Norwegian, but I didn't keep up with it. A little over a week ago I decided to start working on that again. I am doing lots of different stuff; Duolingo, watching Norwegian shows with Norwegian subtitels on Netflix, using a workbook, reading the first HP book along with audiobooks that I got from a Norwegian friend years ago and listening to music and the radio. Of course I don't understand all that much from some of these things and that is fine. It is all about getting input and exposure to the language. I am having a lot of fun with it, but it is pretty exhausting.
    While today wasn't perfect, I did some yoga and I got 83 minutes of exercise, which is more than I have done the past 2 weeks combined. I will get myself together again!
    It's bedtime for me now. Good night everyone <3
    zncojuf80f6d.jpg
    4bm5omk3do14.jpg
    fvi6nneven6v.jpg

If you want to hear him snoring very loud, I took a short video which I thought was funny. How cute is he?! How can you remove that from your lap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVSH41OoFVc
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 144.2
    CW: 144.0

3/26 - 5,197
    3/27 -12,826
    3/28 -14,412
    3/29 -9,810
    3/30 - 3, 586

I was not feeling well yesterday. Today, I felt much better, so I was able to work out and make up some of the missing steps.

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Hello Shape Shifters! I have been pretty absent here the past two weeks. Honestly I haven't been doing much.

Something else that is keeping my brain very busy is language learning! A few years ago I already made an attempt to learn Norwegian, but I didn't keep up with it. A little over a week ago I decided to start working on that again. I am doing lots of different stuff; Duolingo, watching Norwegian shows with Norwegian subtitels on Netflix, using a workbook, reading the first HP book along with audiobooks that I got from a Norwegian friend years ago and listening to music and the radio. Of course I don't understand all that much from some of these things and that is fine. It is all about getting input and exposure to the language. I am having a lot of fun with it, but it is pretty exhausting.

I’m glad you felt better after your active day, with more movement than earlier in the month. It sounds as though you’ve been quite busy with your language learning, too. Impressive!

Thanks for sharing your updates!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    The April team chat thread is open! Go ahead an (re)introduce yourselves, set goals and intentions for the new month. Please continue to weigh in and post stats for March here. Thanks!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887755/shape-shifters-team-chat-april-2023/p1?new=1
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I recently got a new set with cards, so these will start showing up in the rotation. Here is the one for today. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    fi04u9itsb4a.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 217.0
    CW: 219.2
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 139.8
    CW 138.6
    I'm glad the scales have moved at last ! I was seriously thinking of giving up.When you're doing everything right & not getting the results you want it's super frustrating.Looking back over the last year I haven't made much progress & hovered at about the same.However I am going to carry on as I don't want to let this lovely team down.Also I
    want to get back in my favourite pair of jeans again 😄
    Have a great Saturday all.
    @Pupowl glad you managed to pick yourself up & refocus .Its always good to pick something new to stimulate your brain in a different way.I speak a little Greek & have loads of tapes,books etc but have never seriously tried to learn more.Youve inspired me to get on & do it.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 223.2
    CW 223.8
This discussion has been closed.