Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Bumbinella - I was thinking about you on Saturday and hoping your birthday celebration worked out well. We used a similar open house tactic when we lived in a small apartment in Tokyo. Those were long get-togethers spanning afternoon and evening but the flow of people worked well. Somehow everyone still ended up in the very tiny kitchen but we think that’s the sign of a good party!? Hope you had fun!! 🎂🍾

@PatriceFitnessPal it was EXACTLY like that 😅 Turned out great, was a blast and everybody crammed in the kitchen area 😂😂😂
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumbinella

Sunday weigh ins

PW: 166.9 lbs
    CW: 166.2 lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Steppers, please report your steps... @angmarie28 need everything from the 3rd to present for you please. Thanks! Hope things are calming down for you...I know you've had a LOT of stress lately.

Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @mulecanter, @alleykat69, and @TexanMom8152! 🎉🎉🎉

Way to lead the team!

It’s a new week so we all have a clean slate. Let’s have a great week Shape Shifters!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Monday everyone <3
    8rgf10bpmt05.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @pupowl, I'll get my weighing in a couple days. Some how I tweaked my neck in my sleep. Only I could do something like this. 🤦‍♀️
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/12 6,971
    4/13 7,409
    4/14 4,583
    4/15 4,487
    4/16 3,597

Weather was great last week - sun and 70s-80s
    Today - back to 30s and snow
    I was away for the weekend as my husband was coaching kids from Saturday morning league for team event and singles and doubles - got my Saturday workout in, but really no walking
    Yesterday was my rest day - got home, unpacked and got laundry done
    Raining and windy yesterday
    Winter seems to be hanging on in Wisconsin
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Yesterday, I spent all day cleaning the house and then played soccer in the evening. I’m sore this morning!

It’s Emancipation Day in Washington, DC so I don’t have any meetings or calls scheduled, but I have a number of work deadlines approaching. So, it’s still going to be a busy day for me.

Last August, I responded to a call for small businesses interested in receiving support to develop a company website. They were awarded a grant to provide websites for 20 local businesses and free website hosting for one year. However, the local company they contacted with had had staffing and other capacity issues. I’m working with a new website developer after the small business support center ended the contract with the first company last month.

The project was supposed to wrap up in November 2022 and I quickly prepared all the materials according to the requested specifications, but there have been many delays so the small business center established a contract with a new provider. I have to resubmit all the information I had prepared - and the new company cut back on the scope of my project so I had to make adjustments - but at least it’s moving forward again.

Although I’ve made progress on my home decluttering project, especially after working all day yesterday, I have a lot of piles to tackle today. It’s a bit daunting but I’m over the psychological hump now. Even though there are stacks of papers and books spread out everywhere, I feel much more positive about downsizing and organizing it. It will look like a mess for a few days but I’m chipping away at it!

The clutter in my office has been weighing me down and interfering with my nutrition goals. It’s just too easy to grab a snack and avoid the work ahead as I tell myself I don’t have time to tackle the clutter now. Finally, I decided to put it all out in front of me and chip away at things each day while my husband is traveling. I know I eat well, and move more, when my work and living spaces are clear. So, I’m feeling a calm energy 🧘‍♀️ despite the current chaos of papers, old toys, memorabilia, and unused household goods.

My inner calm and outer calm work in tandem for me. Everything seems to flow better for me. Right now, I feel like a trapeze artist in the air. I’m feeling much more confident that I’ll catch the next swing, but I’m not there yet. So, I better get back to work now!

I hope your week is starting off well and look forward to hearing how you’re doing with your nutrition and exercise — and getting rid of the barriers standing in the way of your goals.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW= 174.4
    CW= 176
    LTD= -2

Steps
    April 10= 5144
    April 11= 8825
    April 12= 6621
    April 13= 10,325
    April 14= 10,449
    April 15= 14,079
    April 16= 11,203

Had a gain this week, but I had a busy weekend, friends and I went to the Lee Brice Concert. We consumed several beer, I regret nothing! I had a fantastic time and got in great walks over the weekend too. Have a great day everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 305.2
    CW: 306.4

I don't know what's going on with me...this one was a surprise, but I am having a little bit of soreness in the left knee and swelling in the left ankle, but I thought it was coming down...Nutrition wise, I guess I had a few too many chips last week. Onward!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal it sounds like you have a good plan. I don’t function well with clutter either.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    6f4w22r1mgbc.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,286 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 4/16: 10,294
    Mon 4/17: 16,110
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal , I'm on the declutter journey as well. Ik it's frustrating. Ik what I've learned in the last 3 years is that it takes time so remember it's time not energy. It took time to get clutter and it takes time to remove the clutter. Don't let it drain your energy
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 930 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    My steps
    4/15 10,697
    4/16 16,250
    4/17 13,197

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 930 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Tried to post some photos but Internet really slow.We had a great Easter in Paros.It was super busy but good fun.We are now in Mykonos for 1 night & will be sad to leave the sunshine & blue skies.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    step check in:
    4/14 16,340
    4/15 14,636
    4/16 13,692
    4/17 15,497

The past few days have been much better for getting my steps in. I'm still keeping daily food logs and staying under target for calories. However, the scale is jumping all over the place. We'll see what it says on Friday.

I admire your decluttering efforts! I'm feeling the urge to do a clothing clear out soon for spring clothes and will especially need to do this for my kids soon, they've both had huge growth spurts. Just need to find some time for it.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Great steps, Everyone!

@Armygirlarmyof1 - Thanks for your advice on how to preserve my energy— and probably my sanity! 🙃 I hope your neck feels better soon! You sure are dealing with one health obstacle after another. Hang in there!

@Jlswensen, @jessicakrall8, and @pedal__power - It can be really annoying when we follow our plan and the scale bounces erratically. Fortunately, consistency and patience win out in the end!

@Laurie_Wrobo - Some people love winter weather year-round but I feel as though April should be warmer (in this hemisphere at least). I can tolerate low temperatures December through February but I get tired of bundling up by March. I hope the flowers bloom for you soon!

@izzyred9400 - Enjoy every minute of the sun and blue skies and don’t worry about sharing photos — YET. I’ll look forward to seeing them once you’re back from the trip. The slow internet must be telling you to get outside and dance some more 😀💃🇬🇷

I really appreciate all the encouragement about getting rid of my excess stuff @CasandraW, @Armygirlarmyof1, @pedal_power, and anyone else I missed. Back to work!!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @JenHul - I’m glad you enjoyed the concert and time with friends. Does this group of friends get together regularly or was it a special get-together for the concert?

Recently, I started getting together with a group of friends from the neighborhood. Most of us met through the local schools our children attended but everyone is welcome and can invite others.

We alternate hosting once a month as people volunteer - with no obligation to host - and also set up a breakfast invitation once a month during a time range when people can drop in as it works for them.

Early birds and people with tight schedules can join on the front end and others can show up late and/or linger for more time together. It’s so nice to have a community support network.

I miss my family in Boston but I’m grateful for this close-knit and welcoming neighborhood. Today’s daily card posted by @pupowl prompted me to reflect on how important a sense of belonging can be to see us through tough times. I’m an introvert by nature, and tend to withdraw at times I should probably reach out for support. Usually, when I feel down, I can remind myself that (paraphrasing Monday’s card) “what I have now is what I only dreamed about in the past.” But, what really keeps me going is knowing that I can rely on a few people to love and accept me no matter what.

Some of you know that I have close family members and friends who live with depression, anxiety, etc. I hope I can be one of those people they feel they can rely on through the storm until calmer seas prevail. So, ShapeShifters, if you are ever in need of support, feel free to reach out to me. I will do my best to listen without subjecting you to ‘toxic positivity’ — It really is OK to be NOT OK sometimes; this a space to belong.

Be well, ShapeShifters, but even if you’re not well, you belong! ❤️

• Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. It is pretty quiet here lately, so I hope everyone is doing alright. Happy Wednesday <3
    j0hqd5equfy9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.