Ozempic - week 9

Options
akindofmagick
akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
Started 1mg on Saturday. Only have enough meds for two more weeks. Waiting for my doc to change my Rx to the 4mg pen. Happily am (for now) grandfathered into a Canadian pharmacy to continue being able to order. Canada has effectively issued a temp freeze on all new patients, largely as a result of an unethical doctor in Texas writing over 17 THOUSAND prescriptions in Nova Scotia (his license for NS has been suspended).

Down ~11 pounds since starting; lost/gained the same two pounds almost daily during weeks 6-8, sigh. Hopeful being on 1mg will stop the stall! Definitely not able to eat my avocado toast as usual this morning - took two hours. Going to reduce the toast size starting tomorrow.

Reading "Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement" by Katy Bowman, and it resonates with me so much. My "superior" metabolism is the end result of hundreds of thousands of women who were successful in passing on their most excellent fat storage genes (I've had my DNA done, and know this to be true: copious markers for obesity). The "hunger daemon" in my brain is my cavewoman self urging me to eat whenever there's food available to store calories for times of famine. Moving hourly is increasingly being studied as a way to maintain a healthy body: "Exercise Less / Move More" is my new mantra (cuz who in here doesn't detest exercising?!). So: set your timers and get up and MOVE YOUR BODY!! See Exercise is Medicine sheet.

Breakfast: 1pc organic seeded toast with cheese, avocado and pine nuts (for protein)
Snack: 2 tbsp organic granola
Lunch: spinach salad with broccoli, tomatoes, scallions, and a hard boiled egg. It's going to take several hours to eat!!

SW: 192.8
CW: 181.1
Tagged:

Replies

• RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    high five on your results so far! I too find its hard to eat in the morning, i usually can't finish a meal anymore.
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I’m happy to hear you are having good results. I just took my 9 injection. I will be moving up to 1 mg next week. I’m discouraged. Haven’t lost this month. Have yo-yo. I felt like I did a little better in the beginning. I went on a binge the last couple of days and enjoyed some of my comfort foods. Pop, ice cream, chocolate, fast food burger and fries. Hoping so much to be able to change my poor habits and to be successful. Best wishes for you all.