TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Replies

• Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 920 Member
    murdog3t wrote: »
    👨‍🎓 graduation was awesome. My nephew graduated from San Diego State University’s nursing program till take his NCLEX in a couple weeks. I am back home. I will start trying to catch up on old posts. Let me know if we decide to switch groups. Hope everyone’s doing well. Happy belated Mother’s Day God bless.

How fun! Congratulations to your nephew!! Nurses rock 🎓 🎉👏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited May 2023
    @therealbluenote I’m not finding the specific post Sue mentioned, but I am seeing something similar & posters are saying to either get a new scale or allow for sodium to be flushed along with possible water weight if the scale was even accurate. They recommend increasing water intake & reducing sodium intake to see if that helps.

Also, someone mentioned that the time of the month could be a factor. Also, could your scale just need new batteries?

I’m in your corner! Hugs & prayers 🙏🏻🩷
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,491 Member
    Monday 15 May
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

One day down, let's see if I can create a streak! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    @therealbluenote and @Tomsgal1985

I haven't found what I'm looking for yet but in the interim -
    https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

From this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1

Typically there isn't that day that does by that someone doesn't post complaining about "doing everything right" and still gaining weight. There are several people, Ann being one of them, who very patiently respond to these posts over and over. It amazes me that they take the time, they must have the info written up and ready to go. :)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Hi TBBT. I'm glad to see several of you still here even though there isn't an official challenge going.
    After many years of not keeping myself accountable, I am starting with a new program offered by my insurance. It is a Keto lifestyle that is monitored by a health coach and medical provider. They offer tons of information resources for grocery shopping and meal planning. I am really excited.
    I am at my heaviest right now at 206. A part of that is I am eating up some extra sweets and carbs as I am purging them from the fridge and pantry. Anyway, I am super excited about starting this journey and I hope to be successful.
    I have missed you all!
  • DaffyGirl88
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hi TBBT. I'm glad to see several of you still here even though there isn't an official challenge going.
    After many years of not keeping myself accountable, I am starting with a new program offered by my insurance. It is a Keto lifestyle that is monitored by a health coach and medical provider. They offer tons of information resources for grocery shopping and meal planning. I am really excited.
    I am at my heaviest right now at 206. A part of that is I am eating up some extra sweets and carbs as I am purging them from the fridge and pantry. Anyway, I am super excited about starting this journey and I hope to be successful.
    I have missed you all!

@brandi_84 We have missed you too!! <3 Good luck with your new program and keep in touch!!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,292 Member
    @therealbluenote I’m not finding the specific post Sue mentioned, but I am seeing something similar & posters are saying to either get a new scale or allow for sodium to be flushed along with possible water weight if the scale was even accurate. They recommend increasing water intake & reducing sodium intake to see if that helps.

Also, someone mentioned that the time of the month could be a factor. Also, could your scale just need new batteries?

I’m in your corner! Hugs & prayers 🙏🏻🩷

Thanks for the encouragement. My time of the month set sail ten years ago! I went straight from Playtex to Poise! 😂😂😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    @therealbluenote 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You and me both!

I wasn't looking for one specific post per se, but the topic comes up frequently and is always answered thoroughly by the same few regular posters. AnnTP77 does a great job. She details how everything from sodium, carbs, sleep, stress and "contents of your digestive system" can cause the scale to swing wildly from one day to the next. They all recommend using a weight trending app and looking at the trend line over time, not a specific day. I don't use that but I do change the view on my progress page periodically to see the trend. In your case your trend line would show a steady downward slope because you have done fantastic. 👍 The next time I see one of those discussions I will let you know. 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Tuesday 16 May
    Under: yes
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    I am caught up. I just want to say hugs to you all. Keep fighting good fight and stay awesome. I miss Amelia and Shelly! Hopefully they come back too.
  • chloeguo
    chloeguo Posts: 235 Member
    chloeguo
    Tuesday 5/16
    PW 130
    CW 127.8
  • Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Username: @Tomsgal1985
    Week: May Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Usually Friday but won’t have my scale that day
    Previous Week's Weight: 226.4
    Today's Weight: 229.0 (Stress eating continues 😩)

Lots of emotions this week. Today is the anniversary of my mom’s death in 2007. Tomorrow Tom & I celebrate 38 years of marriage. He’s a saint and a sweetheart.
  • Tomsgal1985
    5stzoqpa9cgc.jpeg

I totally agree 😂
  • JbeanR0212
    Happy Anniversary Susan! I’m so happy for you and inspired by your long marriage.
  • JbeanR0212
    b71mefi75oac.jpg

So you all know I have had to build my hand strength and much more since my accident. My hands still shake a lot sometimes but I want to show how coordinated they can be now. It’s not fat loss fitness but is progress to get me back there. I have been trying to make this for 2 months and am proud of how good I do! Not too bad, keep moving forward Jenn!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,292 Member
    @JbeanR0212 It is so beautiful! I’m so proud of you!

@Tomsgal1985 I love the mug! 😆

Well, I kind of went on a bender since my ten pound in one week gain. I’m trying to catch myself before I go down the rabbit hole any further. What really helped was Sue’s link to the wild weight gain article. It was relieving to read how weight can greatly fluctuate even within a few days. Thank you, @DaffyGirl88 ❤️❤️❤️

• JbeanR0212
    Thank you Blunote I work hard all the time and sometimes struggle to keep hope. It makes me very happy when my progress shows I am steps closer to normal life me. I am not done yet but this is very big result with a lot of patience and preactice. I am over the moon happy!
    If I can get balance to walk no support and talk normal again I will be very grateful excited. Probably no paddle board this year but I think ai will be kayak calm lake water again with help in and out. Most months and days it feels I work so hard for nothing nowhere so as silly small as it seems this is very big step for me! I cry good tears yesterday but usually they are sad mad ones. I like that mug too!
    You are very strong woman I admire. Do not give up on yourself keep fighting good fight. I believe in all of you! I am very fortunate to have your inspiration and support.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Happy Anniversary, @Tomsgal1985 !!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good morning all and happy Fri-yay! 😊

Thursday 18 May
    Under: yes - although you can't tell from my weigh in

Weigh in Week 3
    PW: 146:0
    CW: 146.0

I need to find a way to switch things up as I seen to be stuck here. I also need to find a way to get through weekends traveling to VA or Buffalo without gaining weight. Will be shuffling off to Buffalo one week from today so need a plan soon. 🤔
  • DaffyGirl88
    @therealbluenote Im glad the article helped you.

@JbeanR0212 great job on your needlework! Of course I am a Leo ♌ so I am partial to lions 🦁. 🥰 Don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing great.