WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak
    Are you a breakfast eater or no?
    I eat my breakfast around 6 so by 9-10 I usually feel hungry. I generally have a small snack planned to get me through to lunch.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Another perfect day today. What about you @jugar, @ashleycarole86 , how’s your day going?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    I have no choice - it's time to remember what I am -
    fmrawtzup0ds.jpg

Lots of numbers due!
    @TessieMac833
    @strong_fit_ells
    @honeygldchelly
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cleaneater80
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512

And then the Thursday folks - get ready - don't make me run after you :smiley:
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @eggfreak
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh, such great updates!
    I had a stressful day today that made me think I was in the Twilight Zone. Anybody remember that TV show? I drove one of the “Meals on Wheels” lunch delivery routes which covers many more miles than two other routes I’ve covered so far…it seemed like an invisible force held my car by the tail pipe to hold me back! I’m glad I had time at the pool to recuperate my equilibrium before going home.
    I made a simple supper of brocoli, pasta sauce, thin spaghetti, and some grated cheese. I managed to keep dessert to a dull roar with some coffee iced cream and homemade fudge sauce.
    I had just one serving of dinner as well as one of dessert. It felt good to gently remind future me that I can do this!
    Time to sleep. It’s been a long day.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    CW 172.7

@ashleycarole86 I do eat breakfast and often early. Then yes, it's second breakfast around 10 or so. I just need to bring more things to eat into work- healthy things. Today I'm in trouble - have run out eggs - horror of horrors. But I'll pack up some pickles, some roasted red peppers and have some very nice ripe tomatoes.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 197
    CW 196.6
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    Another perfect day today. What about you @jugar, @ashleycarole86 , how’s your day going?

CONGRATULATIONS to you all for those perfect days! We know they are not easy, so good for all of you. I pre-logged yesterday, but never updated it. I was weak and ate a school cupcake. It wasn't nearly as satisfying as I imagined it would be. Should have had a glass of water first.

I haven't logged yet today but will soon. Still searching to find my footing and get myself back on track. Motivation is lacking, discipline is low. But I know I can't give up on it. So one thing I will do is log my food today, drink some water and take a little walk.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    So today I ate unplanned sweeties at work. They ‘updated’ the bowl and while in the past five weeks there have been no sweets I like, that all changed today. We now have Swedish fish and taffy, ugh - more discipline needed.

We went to eat at Qdoba tonight and they were out of veggies, beans and shrimp so we ended up in a bar and I had a Ruben. That’s a bad choice when you weigh in the next morning but I have had a good week for exercise and food up to today.

@micki48 How about we have a Track Friday tomorrow? Pre track what you can and then update as you go for any additionals - Good, Bad and Ugly… who is in?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    @LoraineGB I like the idea of Track Friday! Often I go a bit doolally on Fridays after weighing in - so yeah. That would be useful.

Good Bad and Ugly tracking it is! We're having a pretty green week on the team, so let's build more of those :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    CW 172.7

@ashleycarole86 I do eat breakfast and often early. Then yes, it's second breakfast around 10 or so. I just need to bring more things to eat into work- healthy things. Today I'm in trouble - have run out eggs - horror of horrors. But I'll pack up some pickles, some roasted red peppers and have some very nice ripe tomatoes.

Oh! I have a receipt for ripe tomatoes for you to try. Chop 2 hardboiled eggs; add 1 or more cut up ripe tomatoes; stir in cut celery for more crunch, sprinkle with tumeric, mix together with either 1/4 avocado or 1 tsp mayo (or less - seriously, the tomatoes provide plenty of moisture). I also added a bit of ground pepper and salt. It tasted so good that I didn't want anything else when I had it for lunch a few weeks ago.

I know that drinking water prior to eating can help us decrease food intake but I recently read something by a dietician. Considering that water zips right through the stomach to the "water system", it's better to eat "watery food", like soup or breakfast with additional yogurt or "loose" food...you get the idea. If we give our digestion something to work on, it helps us feel full longer.

Today, I had "2nd brekky" for my actual lunch. A friend treated me to a serving of her mom's favorite Italian scrambled eggs with a slice of baguette and it was just enough.
    I roasted a whole chicken tonight and ate leftovers of broccoli, pasta, sauce, and grated parmesan. I let myself fall into a serving of ice cream again afterwards but will avoid it until Monday. At least, that's the plan.

Have a great night everyone.
    Can't wait to hear how you all are doing.

Sleep well!

This discussion has been closed.