WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    PS:
    @Jugar is "doolally" a bit like doing "Eff-all"? What a fun word!

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    PSS: The word in my post should've been "recipe".
    silly autocorrect!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 96.7
    CW: 96.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a lot of great energy - healing, building, sweating, showing up for ourselves. I am feeling that stuff running through me just reading about it. Take a bow, people. You are amazing.

@DD265 BIG BIG hugs flying your way. Getting to the melt-down panic attack stage is not fun, but it sure helps concentrate your power on helping yourself. Those uncomfortable awful places, if we don't run away from them but sit with them and learn, are certainly not feel-good places, but they let us know what we have to do. You are listening! You are getting help, and you are not drowning yourself in food. That is three really big achievements. Hang in there :heart:

@PlaneMonkey I love the idea of communicating those expectations by white board, but a shared calendar with tasks on it helps too. One worry, though - those guys with big fingers (I've got too...) don't seem to contribute to the online calendar thing too much - unless yours is more of a collaborator than mine! I think a white board is a great idea, and then there are no excuses for putting things on there and making it clear. More than one might be too crazy. They are portable :smiley:

@wishfuljune you are on fire!!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm very happy this morning - and thanks to you inspiring people helping keep me on track, I'm back into my maintenance weight zone for the first time in a while. I hope to stay back in that box! I feel so much better. Muscle definition is happening :smiley: which at my age, is pretty danged cool :sunglasses:

So thanks! I just finished pre-tracking the things I know for sure I'm going to eat today, and have some options for the remaining calories. Usually I let weigh-in day be a free-for-all, but NOT TODAY. The slippery slope has been too easy to jump onto, and I'm going to try to walk away from it for a while.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @jugar I will be returning to the regular team in June! I will weigh in on Friday's. I'm guessing you will need my initial weigh in next Friday? If not I also got on the scale today. Just let me know.

I've been checking my calories by logging random days to get an idea of where my daily calories are right now. I was able to narrow it down to 2100-2300 calories. I will be tracking at 2200 calories for the rest of this month and weighing in to make sure that's my true maintenance calorie range. This will help me plan my deficit for weight loss. My goals for the rest of this month are to log, just focus on calories and get steps in.

Many things have been checked off the list and life is getting a lot easier. I have made a lot of progress with stress management and my supplements for missing nutrients has made a massive impact. School is almost out...3 more weeks. I finished my instructional unit for my masters program and analyzed all my data. I just need to write the final sections of my paper and make a PowerPoint. Next week is conference week and not many parents wanted to meet. I will have some down time to finish my masters program up. This will put me on track to graduate about 2 months early. I'm glad I took a break from weight loss and really pushed through this process. Not so happy I gained 10 pounds but what's done is done.

Excited to be back with you all!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    One worry, though - those guys with big fingers (I've got too...) don't seem to contribute to the online calendar thing too much - unless yours is more of a collaborator than mine! I think a white board is a great idea, and then there are no excuses for putting things on there and making it clear. More than one might be too crazy. They are portable :smiley:

@PlaneMonkey
    This is my experience too
    Brad and I use a shared Google Calendar, but only for events
    However, while we both view it, I find I end up having to administer most of Brad's updates for him

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey we use a shared Google Calendar. OH's shift pattern is on there (as is when he's likely to be sleeping if that's during the day) which helps with planning. He doesn't always put events in with enough notice for my liking, but he also tends to leave it late to plan things. Not a hill worth dying on.

We also use the Todoist app as a recent addition, which is working quite well. You can have scheduled tasks and assign them etc, or leave them unassigned and whoever has time gets to them. I think you could use a smart phone assistant (be it Google, Siri etc) to add them by voice command if that would work for him?
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sorry I completely forgot to weight this morning, I will report tomorrow
  • jugar
    Options
    I will be returning to the regular team in June! I will weigh in on Friday's. I'm guessing you will need my initial weigh in next Friday? If not I also got on the scale today. Just let me know.
    That's great news! Next Friday is the day for your June starting weight.

Did I just type the word June? Something weird happened to my brain...
    Many things have been checked off the list and life is getting a lot easier. I have made a lot of progress with stress management and my supplements for missing nutrients has made a massive impact. School is almost out...3 more weeks. I finished my instructional unit for my masters program and analyzed all my data. I just need to write the final sections of my paper and make a PowerPoint. Next week is conference week and not many parents wanted to meet. I will have some down time to finish my masters program up. This will put me on track to graduate about 2 months early. I'm glad I took a break from weight loss and really pushed through this process. Not so happy I gained 10 pounds but what's done is done.

Excited to be back with you all!
    All this and graduating 2 months early? Wow Kristi - that is fabulous. It sounds like the stress management and supplements have had a massive impact indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how an altered balance of micronutrients can send the brain into all kinds of directions. You did well to chase down the answers and act on them.

You may have noticed that I put out a call for a team motivator - since you were not there for a while, I thought it might be good to add another so that it isn't on one person's shoulders. Let me know if you want to continue - and we'll still hope to have two motivators! We do really well without anyone holding that title, though - so it is not a huge problem if no one can take it on. We will just have to be sure to continue to challenge each other, start discussions, and provoke thinking.

• DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry @jugar
    Complicated week I apologize

CW:222.2
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods glad things are coming together - happy to see you back on the regular team. You've got a lot to manage.

Just had another confirmation of why I think weighing is better than volume measuring. Have lately had Caesar salad ingredients in the house for my brother. The Caesar croutons you can buy - well, they taste great, right? finally today I took a look at the nutrition info - 2 Tablespoons(7 grams)=35 cal. they're bulky hard crunchy little tasty things so how would you ever measure that with a spoon. Weighed instead on my scale. 8 grams were 3 croutons.

@EvMakesChanges unfortunately they're not MY ripe tomatoes, but I have been making a simplified version of what you describe for work snack and I love it; can't wait until I have my own to pick ( long ways to go for that)

Dear old dad's inner routine has changed and I'm trying to go with the flow, he's more agitated in the evening. Trazadone dose increase as a result - still far lower than if he were in a nursing home but probably double what it was 4 months ago. Just aiming for an even keel. Must admit, I'm tired at times.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK it's time to think about Saturday :star: Our stars for the day are:
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @carlsoda
    @veronica1359

And all the blank spaces still remaining need to be filled by the end of Saturday too!
    @TessieMac833
    @strong_fit_ells
    @honeygldchelly
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @spyro88

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar so happy for you and Jasper. You've been waiting a long time for this day :)
This discussion has been closed.