Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,236 Member
edited May 2023 in Social Groups
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

What popular fad product or style did you regret?

What was your favorite childhood TV show?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• kalisdaddy
    kalisdaddy Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I don't really remember but I think I started in 2016.

What do you like to do for fun? Play guitar, pickleball, card games, board games, word and number puzzles, walking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live near Vancouver, BC, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Would like to start strength training and increase my stamina.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, reliable, reserved, organized

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I am not an early adopter of fads so don't have any that I regret.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Walt Disney every week.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy singing and karaoke. I walk our dog for 1.5 to 2.0 hours most mornings and I like to get 10,000 steps before breakfast.

• grammamary98
    grammamary98 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Don't know the number but started the challenge before the Spirited Underdog team was formed on SP and have been doing them ever since

What do you like to do for fun? Games on my tablet, reading, crafts, watching baseball ( Red Sox), played Pickleball for awhile but then it got too competitive and wasn't fun anymore

What major city do you live in or near? State? Providence, RI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To continue losing weight and going to exercise classes at the Senior Center

How would your pet or friend describe you? No pets, friends would probably say quiet, caring, giving

What popular fad product or style did you regret? None I like to do my own thing

The Lone Ranger

2 fun things about you? Coached Little League baseball for 10 years, if someone says I can't do something I do it

Anything else you would like to share? Gramma of 7 ages 24, 21, 21, 21, 21, 14 and 11. The 21s are 2 sets of twins.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,930 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be #15 including In-Between Challenges

What do you like to do for fun? What my gs play sports, cook, online jigsaw puzzles and apparently EAT!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tampa, Florida

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose a couple lbs then maintain again

How would your pet or friend describe you? Crazy, Loving, Loyal and a Hopeless Romantic

What popular fad product or style did you regret? UniPerm ~ only had one but apparently the hairdresser did not know what she was doing and FRIED my hair! I ended up with a HUGE afro!!! Took many cuts and years to get my hair healthy again.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Love Boat and The Carol Burnett Show

2 fun things about you? I make up silly songs and sing them to my cats. That's only one thing but I have two cats so it should suffice.

Anything else you would like to share? Without the motivation and encouragement from my team and the OAL's I would have put back on all the weight I lost (50+lbs) long ago.
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? No idea. I’ve sat out a couple, but I think winter 2011 was my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Read; enjoy the plethora of parks in my area

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tampa Bay area, Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Make my 70th year a healthy one insofar as I can, drop the rest of the pandemic weight for good, USE the tools I have

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend: nonjudgmental listener. Pet: excellent staff except for not serving meals fast enough

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Never have been much for fads

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Roadrunner cartoons BEEP BEEP

2 fun things about you? I’m an avid reader of Pride and Prejudice variations and sequels. I really do spoil our little senior cat Eve. She has her own set of dishes that includes glass stemmed bowls for breakfast and dinner, a tiny Limoge dish for the baby food meat she gets for lunch, and a gold rimmed demitasse cup as her very own water mug since she kept trying to drink from mine. She has 24 toes; triple thumbs in front and an extra toe on each back paw.

Anything else you would like to share? My summer will include some special travel. When we retired, our older daughter said she wanted to do a daddy trip and a mama trip. She and husband rented an upscale camper van and went to half a dozen national parks. She and I will meet friends in Great Britain and cruise the Norwegian fjords.
  • Gaiblin
    Gaiblin Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is #6.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, do sudoku puzzles, be out in nature, meet with friends, visit with family, travel, eat great food!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Ann Arbor, MI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To build up healthy habits again; to slim down a bit before my son's wedding in September; to increase my jogging mileage and strength.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Living life deeply; goofy sometimes; loyal; possessing a good sense of humor; diligent in the things I believe are important; very capable of playing and having fun

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Hmm.... I can't really think of any. Maybe thinking that straight hair was unstylish; my hair was constantly permed for about a decade. I came to accept my straight hair while in grad school.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Hmm.... This is a hard one. Maybe Star Trek, the original series. Or Gilligan's Island.

2 fun things about you? 1. I love animals. 2. I enjoy the outdoors, hiking and backpacking.

Anything else you would like to share? I want to get serious about shaping up this summer so I can be healthy and also look fabulous in my son's wedding photos in September. :) I drive down to visit my mother in IL every 3-4 weeks.
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This will be my 4th one.

What do you like to do for fun? My family has recently taken up bike riding together. 🥰 I also read and am a workaholic.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tacoma Washington

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Just to become healthier. Ride more with my family, continue focusing on cutting processes sugar out of my diet.

How would your pet or friend describe you? The mother hen. Always putting everyone else before myself. 😅

Perms. Lol

Sailor moon 🌙

2 fun things about you?
    I habitually make weird noises unintentionally. I also like to go on adventures!

Is there anything else you would like to share? I have 4 kids (one of them being a fur baby) ages 16- almost 3. I have a super loving husband who I love and adore. Because of all of them and, of course, myself, I want to do better and be better for all of us.
  • joywilson383
    joywilson383 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 40

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy listening to music, dancing, reading, walking and gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live close to Anaheim. I live in California.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to lose 10 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? I am kind.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Perming my hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Facts of Life

2 fun things about you? I enjoy going for walks and gardening

Anything else you would like to share? I was born in New Orleans Louisiana. My birthday is in July.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? All of them I think. Took a while to find the right one for me

What do you like to do for fun? Gardening, it’s my me time.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edinburgh

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To stick to the plan and lose my fipirst 5%

How would your pet or friend describe you? Too caring

What popular fad product or style did you regret? The Nana moskouri specs

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Pinky and perky

2 fun things about you. Can’t think of any

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 I believe

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play computer games and go to lunch with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in East Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back to healthy living habits

How would your pet or friend describe you? Patient, loving, and sometimes aggravating

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Dying my hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Howdy Doody (dating myself), Hopalong Cassidy, Lone Ranger, Dragnet. Also a number of radio mystery shows

2 fun things about you? love to socialize and be with people, play board and card games

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,350 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember. I go back to SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Photography, garden, walk with my dog Emma.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Palmdale, Southern California. (high desert)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Garden daily. Ride my cardio bike, and walk more.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, kid's around a lot, adventurous, spoils my pets rotten.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I never really followed fads. Maybe the mini skirt? Wish I had those skinny legs now lol.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Father Knows Best, Bonanza, most cartoons.

2 fun things about you? I am a major animal lover, and also love mother nature.

Anything else you would like to share? I have been researching my family trees. Right now I am doing the Hickok side (my dad). When I finished that I will start with my mom's side (Blair)
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I lost count. I have been doing since Spark People.

What do you like to do for fun? Organic Gardening, Shopping, Arts & Crafts, Reading, Running and all types of Fitness.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To maintain weight loss

How would your pet or friend describe you? Snuggly and loving.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Lucy

2 fun things about you? Socialize with Running Community and Gardening

Anything else you would like to share? I have a sweet Cockatoo named Cleo who is close to 40 years old. I have been married for 39 years and have one son 33 years old, who is still single.
  • JanetMH1
    JanetMH1 Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember!

What do you like to do for fun? Jigsaw puzzles, reading, cross-stitching

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Boise ID

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? walking - have to get this knee arthritis to cooperate

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and kind

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Brady Bunch

2 fun things about you? My hubby is a football widow (NFL) and I drive a '70 Mustang Convertible cherry red

Anything else you would like to share? I feel like my mom title has been replaced with dorm mom as 3 young adults live her (2 are my kids and 1 is "adopted" in). Add to that, one terrier/pug/border mix and one Alaskan Malamute and it's chaos!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This Is my first

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, Hike, Fish and camping

What major city do you live in or near? State? St Albert Alberta

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose 5% of my weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, adventurous and fun to with

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Star Trek and Lost in space

2 fun things about you? I love to camp and play cards with friends and family

Anything else you would like to share? I have 4 married kids and 13 grandkids. I drive a truck for a living. I am married for 38 years.