WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @jugar Since I'll be leaving from my house instead of the office, I don't think I'll be able to weigh in before I leave. If my hotel has a scale available, I'll try to jump on, but otherwise, I'll have to wait until the following week, but I'll see what I can do :)

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @micki48 isn't it crazy what no taste and smell can do to your appetite? I lost those senses several years ago to a side effect of a medication and I lost some weight!

@jugar your horse is beautiful!

@conleywoods that garden is awesome! And to have the drip irrigation. I have some zucchini planted and can't wait to see how many I get!

6bcrv8goafma.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @jugar Since I'll be leaving from my house instead of the office, I don't think I'll be able to weigh in before I leave. If my hotel has a scale available, I'll try to jump on, but otherwise, I'll have to wait until the following week, but I'll see what I can do :)

no problem! an excused week is no big deal
  • jugar
    Options
    drip irrigation envy :astonished:
    6fgmh0eg9ylb.png
  • lauren_989
    Options
    So we've gotten a lot of rain recently and now two of my zucchini plants have 1 leaf each that looks like this. Does anyone know what it is or if I need to do anything?

oz90riy1uyyg.jpg
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    I'm here for all the green thumb pics.. but I can't relate!! I would love to eat your fresh veg though ;)

This afternoon a team of us from work went to volunteer doing clothing donation sorting at our drop in centre.... I have almost 16K steps. I think I've said this before but sedentary desk job me, had she thought differently about things when she was choosing a career, would have loved to choose something on my feet. What a difference it makes!!

Post-volunteering we had beer and appies. Not the best choice the night before weigh in!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here are the last of the Wednesday folks and all of the Thursdays - bring on the numbers!

@Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 that looks like one of two things! Either your zuke plant is a naturally variegated leaf type, or it might have some powdery mildew. Here is a good article, but there are many on this problem and I'm sure you can find a solution. I usually just remove the leaves that get any mildew spots on them, if that is what it is.
    https://www.allaboutgardening.com/zucchini-white-powder/
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    CW: 96.6
    PW: 96.8

Pleased with a little loss this week - it has been a while! I've not been drinking as much water as I ought to, but I've also not been snacking on all-the-things. Had a mini-binge yesterday afternoon, where I think I was craving electrolytes, as we also had McDonalds for tea which hit my need for salt, yet I still had restless legs when we went to bed.

I am jealous of your garden space @conleywoods; I love my allotment, but I would love even more to have it at home and especially with irrigation. We've not had rain for a few weeks, and have been having to bring water from home to top up my water butts at the allotment.

@lauren_989 I had powdery mildew on my squash plants last year and this looks like something else - I suspect insect damage. Try spraying with a mild solution of washing up liquid/water; will help with both mildew and bugs, or you could use garlic water too.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 196.6
    CW 201
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 145.6

Hey guys, I've enjoyed reading all the gardening posts and seeing all the photos, that is one handsome horse @jugar ! I'm normally a keen gardener (I agree, that looks like insect damage on the courgette leaf, pull it off and spray plant with dish soap solution or non-toxic pesticide) but this year I've decided not to plant any veg, after the last 2 years being difficult with a late spring followed by heat waves and drought and as I'm going away at the end of the month I won't be able to keep things watered. I've tried a drip irrigation system but it didn't really work for me. So I'm having a break from it and putting my efforts into the flower beds and borders instead.
    I'm surprised I managed to lose this week as I was away camping for 4 days and indulged a lot, so I guess I got lucky.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse - great job this month.

@ashleycarole86 - what a day. Such a rewarding day helping out and so nice to see your employer is supporting helping out the community.

@39flavours - nice loss this week

I'm turning my week around, did a workout today and not letting the stress of school and life get me in a funk. I'm excited for this weekend bc I'm off for a girls trip with my daughter to do some fun things around Calgary. Hope the weather is good while we are there.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @jugar @DD265 and @39flavours thanks for your advice on this!!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about trying a meal service for two or three days a week. Does anyone have any recommendations, has had a good experience or know of one to stay clear of?

TIA
  • jugar
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @cleaneater80 have a great time this weekend! I'm sure you and your daughter will have a blast.

Quick update! Weigh-ins still due through today:
    @honeygldchelly
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @eggfreak

Friday getting ready people -
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @jugar
    @conleywoods

Happy June, everyone! I'll set up the June chat tomorrow or Saturday, so think about June dreams and progress, and the tools to get there.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry @jugar
    Late again … up again 😕

CW: 222.8
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 192.0

My net calories were up this week to 1,788, so interesting to see such a big drop. It could be because of my increase in exercise as well.

Tonight, I have my cooking club event. I’ve made a Mexican street corn dip, and I did a few tweaks like reduce the amount of butter or swap for low-fat where possible. It’s pretty spicy though so I hope they like spice! I pre-logged everything that will be there because I was talking with my dietician about being worried about not taking something that someone made. She said to just be mindful of portion size and have fun. I really like working with her. 😊

Yesterday was a rest day for me, my body told me it needed more sleep and a break, so I honored that. My husband and our dog enjoyed a nice long walk in the afternoon. It was pretty warm out and today is supposed to be warmer. Summer may finally be here!

I went to my group strength circuit gym on Monday, worked out at home on Tuesday, and had a spin class on Wednesday. Today I’ll do another of Sydney’s workouts, and then Saturday as well. To round out the week, I have hot yoga on Sunday.

Next week I have to go into one of our other corporate sites that’s further from me so I think I’ll have to either get up earlier for a workout (not sure I really want to do that), or switch it up and workout after work (around 6pm), or just use those couple of days as rest days and then crush workouts the other days.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @jugar here is my start weight for June 244.8
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 194.6.
    Gonna see if the scale is friendlier tomorrow, my digestive system isn't processing fast enough these days. Not enough water and fibre. It's definitely not because I'm not sweating it out in this heat!
This discussion has been closed.