Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many. Started with SparkPople. Still wondering how Chris Downie is doing….that program changed my life.

What do you like to do for fun? Read. Sudoku. A bit of crafting. Pulling weeds. Feed the birds. Decorate for the Holidays. Entertain my visiting family who live thousands of miles away. Alas, my grand children are aging out from fitting in visits to the grands.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles. California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Right now I need to stop snacking so I can reach my goals of being thinner and more energetic

How would your pet or friend describe you? Thoughtful. Kind.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Never a fad person

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Space Patrol

2 fun things about you? I love to sing and dance alone or with people.

Anything else you would like to share? I lost 70 lbs on SP, and have been trying to lose the final 20 since then. Dh & I enjoy mini vacations throughout the year, up and down the coast.
  • Yordanka67
    Yordanka67 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This is my first attempt. Today I heart for “5% Challenges” for the first time ever.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Traveling, hiking, reading books, sunbathing, being out with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Sofia, Bulgaria, South-East Europa

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    To come back to 130 lbs (final goal 120 lbs), to overcome my knee/quadriceps pain, to be physically active, to return to running and hiking, and to have a calm mind and soul.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    As a positive extrovert, however strict worker.

What popular fad product or style did you regret?
    I used to smoke for 25 years. I still drink alcohol.

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    The 1971 French anime series “Zoom the White Dolphin”

2 fun things about you?
    My dreams are to climb Kilimanjaro (I made Ararat last year) and trek Camino de Santiago.

Anything else you would like to share?
    Married for 34 years, two kids.
  • kayhryngc
    kayhryngc Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    How many 5% challenges have you done?...Not sure of number but since ending of Spark People.
    What do you like to do for fun?...
    Meeting up with a loved one for breakfast/lunch, gardening, reading,
    What major city do you live nearby? Statement?.... Akron is just a wee bit closer than Cleveland, OHIO.
    What are your health/fitness goals for this season?.... Bring down cholesterol without meds.
    How would your pet or friend describe you?...... Loyal and funny
    What popular fad or style did you regret?...... Wearing lavender fish net hose attending middle school.
    What was your favorite childhood TV show?.........At elementary level, Zorro. Dark Shadows blew everything else out of the water! LOL
    Two fun things about yourself?.......I accidentally dyed my hair purple when it wasn't the thing to do. Starting about mid elementary age until even now, my life seems to be a lot like an I Love Lucy episode. Every now and then, it's more of a marathon. I feel this past month has been one. Think I need to ask God to turn the channel.
    Anything else you would like to share?...I have 3 grandchildren that I drive an hour one way every other day to help care for them. I am so blessed to be able to have them in my arms so much compared to my friends.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have been doing 5% since 2020

What do you like to do for fun? Hit the motorcycle with my fiance and drive and explore.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am near Kalamazoo Michigan.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Health and Fitness goals are to get the last 50 pounds off

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets and friends would describe me as reliable and dependable. I love to cuddle with my puppies and I love spending time with friends

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I am not sure that I have anything I regret.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Bewitched.

2 fun things about you? I am getting married June 24, 2023 and I started a new job in April and am learning to do travel.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 4 children between my Fiance and I and I have 3 cats and 4 dogs.
  • ourcasa
    ourcasa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first 5% challenge! :#

What do you like to do for fun? Camping, Knitting, Dining with Friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Chicago, IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to be consistent.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Organized, all about routines!

What popular fad product or style did you regret? 1980s big hair, shoulder pads in oversized jackets

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Zoom

2 fun things about you? I'm secretly funny and I secretly am a great dancer!

• Limsha2
    Limsha2 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 3

What do you like to do for fun? Walking / Hiking usualy with dog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edinburgh 50 miles away

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? continue to lose weight and get fitter.

How would your pet or friend describe you? friendly

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Little house on the praire

2 fun things about you?

• ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,502 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    This is 5 or 6, for me

Line dancing, singing....

Central FL

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    While I would love to lose a few lbs, I at least don't want to gain any.

A good friend. Quirky, but nice.

What popular fad product or style do you regret?
    Whatever I wore as a teenager was embarrassing.....

The Peanuts holiday specials.

2 fun things about you?
    My friends call me the flamingo lady. LOL. It started when I painted my bathroom pink.
    I'm bright and colorful.

• catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,156 Member
    Options
    TNTC (too numerous to count) Started on Spark People and never stopped

Garden, read, and play with my furry kids

I live I Wasilla, which is about and hour north of Anchorage, Alaska

Try to get back on track after having surgery last March, try to eat better

nuts

I went to high school in the early 80"s, so other than the music, I regret it all

Looney Tunes and Happy Days, of course, and I watched Mary Tyler Moore and Newhart with my parents

2 fun things about you?
    I live in Alaska and think anything under 80 degrees is cold
    I have tons of wildlife that run and fly through my yard

I had emergency surgery in March to remove my gallbladder. but doing okay now. Hope to be back up to speed by the time the Summer Challenge starts so I don't drag ya down with me.....
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? this is my first

What do you like to do for fun? Walk our dog, work out, spend time with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live in Westchester County new NY for 7 months and Stuart, FL for 5

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Have gained about 5 lbs and want to lose those and get back to my goal range of 142 +/- 3 lbs

How would your pet or friend describe you? fun and giving

What popular fad product or style did you regret? thinking back it was platform shoes

What was your favorite childhood TV show? American Band Stand

2 fun things about you? Love to laugh and can kick back and have fun

Anything else you would like to share? I'm 73 and have been with my partner for 35 years. Struggled with my weight for years and than at 61 finally accepted that what I did to lose weight was what I'd be doing for life. Over about 2 years lost 80 lbs...made small sustainable changes, tracked my food, started exercising (exercise is non negotiable). Was active on SparkPeople as Martha324. Have had some hip problems for the last 2 years and this winter had to really cut back on my exercise & didn't cut back as much on my food and 5 lbs have crept on. Want to lose those and get back to my goal range. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    catnurse1 wrote: »
    I went to high school in the early 80"s, so other than the music, I regret it all

😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wasilla .... ! Ok I won't go there. 😉
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge!!

I love to go camping with my hubby and my Golden Retriever

I live in southwestern part of Virginia...in the mountains.

My goal is to add strength training and more freggies!

My pet would describe me as the Beta (lol). My friends would say "energetic and opinionated"

I let a stylist at a hairshow give me a mohawk!!

Love Boat

I sing in a Barbershop women's chorus and I was in a movie.

I'm excited to be here!
  • shirleyd155
    shirleyd155 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I don't remember. I received an email that I was part of the 2021 team and decided it would really be a big help this summer to join again.

What do you like to do for fun? baking, gardening, jigsaw puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State? Fort Wayne, Indiana

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Sticking to my meal plan, no cheating allowed.

How would your pet or friend describe you? On the computer a Lot

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Bell bottoms. I think I only had one. They were so bad.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? I Love Lucy

2 fun things about you? I love farmer's markets. I love visiting my friend at the lake and sharing her dogs.

• catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,156 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »

😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mkksemail, I was in Southern California and South Carolina (for 1 1/2 years) for high school. As far as I can tell, Alaska is safe.
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »

😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mkksemail, I was in Southern California and South Carolina (for 1 1/2 years) for high school. As far as I can tell, Alaska is safe.

Sorry, cat nurse!! I didn't mean anything negative about Wasilla, or travelling there, or living there. 🙇‍♀️🙏

It was a poorly worded/overly vague reference to Wasilla's most famous/infamous resident! I imagine you're probably tired of folks asking you if you know Sarah Palin 🤪🤣

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    How many 5% challenges have you done? This is my first one!

What do you do for fun? I play golf......a lot!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose 5% of my weight & begin upper body toning.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Honest & dependable....sometimes goofy! ;-)

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Spiral perm

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Bewitched

2 fun things about you? I'm a bit obsessed with playing golf, though I'm not very good. My cat is my baby!

Anything else you would like to share? 63 years old, but feel like I'm in my 20's or 30's....well, except for my creaky knees! Happily married for 34 years. I love to cruise and am anxious to get back on the high seas!

• gumkenstein
    gumkenstein Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    None - it will be my first Challenge ever.

Walking with my dog, reading.

I'm from Poland, biggest city near me is Wroclaw.

Create and ground my healthy rutine. Lose weight, my goal for the summer is to lose at least 10 lbs.

Talkative and sarcastic.

None, I'm not big on fads and on regrets.

Sailor Moon, Star Trek.

2 fun things about you?
    I talk to my dog while we are walking. I almost exclusivly wear dresses.

My name is Milly, I'll be 40 in a few days.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,333 Member
    Options
    I have not done any.
    What do you like to do for fun? Love to travel. Go to movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State?Fort Wayne Indiana

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? At least one pound a week

How would your pet or friend describe you? Passionate

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Bozo the Clown

2 fun things about you? I am learning to ride an electric bike.

• mkksemail
    Options
    Happy Birthday, @gumkenstein ! 👏🥳🎂✨
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    How many 5% challenges did I do? none

what do I do for fun? I love to take my dogs out & watch them play at the park

Where do I live? central California

what are my goals? I stopped exercising for a while, due to covid, a pinched nerve & eye surgery, I want to get back to it but need to go slowly since it's been a while.

How would my friends/ pets describe me? calm, nice, patient is usually what they say about me

What popular fad etc do I regret? can't think of any,

What childhood tv show did I like? we always watched the Disney movie on Sunday nights

2 fun things about me? I honestly don't know, I don't do many things people I know find are fun activities like travel or shop or go bowling, eat out etc.I live a quiet life. I like to read, I like going to the gym, it's my "get away" time, I visit one of our sons & spend time with his family regularly (we have kids that live out of state) but I mostly like to go out with my dogs (4) everyday for walks, walk with friend, dog park, people park. We have a membership to a private dog park at a rescue where there is a really nice dog pool. Only 2 of our dogs are members & we pick up our sons golden doodle & take her too, she loves the pool

anything else? I volunteer at a no kill animal shelter & we also have a foster dog right now. I'm married & we have 4 grown children. I home cook every day, I don't like to eat out. My husbands lost about 70 lbs & never counted calories & snacks all day & has kept it off for 3years & I weigh all my food & count every calorie grrrr lol