Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• rockycatsmamma
    rockycatsmamma Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? hike, fish, read, video games

What major city do you live in or near? State? NJ, closer to NYC than I like

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? add in more cardio, keep training for 20 mile hike in October

How would your pet or friend describe you? grumbly outside, caring inside

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Aquanet + curling iron...need I say more?

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Voltron

2 fun things about you? I love singing and miss dancing

Anything else you would like to share?
  • gumkenstein
    gumkenstein Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, @gumkenstein ! 👏🥳🎂✨

Thank You in advance ;)! :) It's still ahead of me. :)
  • JigsnReelz
    JigsnReelz Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one. Sorry - I deleted all the questions. I'm a rule-breaker.
    I'm not done with my weight-loss journey. I have simply learned, recently, (huge surprise to me) that it's never going to end. Hence, I'll be with you 5%ers for the foreseeable future.
    I own an Irish dancing school and started dancing at 40 to get in shape....and because I love it. I am currently around 190 and know that it will take another 10 pounds or so before I can put enough tension on those hip flexors and adductors to start dancing again. That will not stop me from stretching, yoga, walking, and the beginnings of some strength training.
    This is the last time I am going to "diet" the pounds off. Once they're gone, the plan is to stay connected with my food intake and continue learning how to honor my body's needs. This time it is a mental journey, a health journey, a "for-me" journey. It's never been that way before. Every other time I did this, I got to my goal weight and said *WHEW*! I can stop dieting! Not the right anwer.
    I have tummy-tuck surgery scheduled for December to repair the results of three C-sections that produced three large babies, followed by 35 years of yo-yo dieting. I am currently on a 900-calorie per day program with medical supervision from a gastro bypass practice, as well as the support of my doctor.
    Best me, best life! This summer's goal is to be 30 pounds down by October 1.
    Thank you for being part of my support team.
  • steele127
    steele127 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? We hike & I enjoy baking

What major city do you live in or near? State? AZ. Yes, it's an inferno right now

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To start exercising. I've lost 27 with diet but need to begin exercising for health, bone density, toning, & just feeling better

How would your pet or friend describe you? Oh I have no clue 😄

What popular fad product or style did you regret? So many! I did diet pills. That's probably the biggest one

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Star Trek Next Gen.

2 fun things about you? I've been married 25 years - not many people can say that. I guess I don't have a 2nd thing

• barbwood05
    barbwood05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My bio: Hi everyone! My name is Barb. I am a 60 yo mom of 2 grown daughters, living in Western NC.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my very first one!

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, read, visit with friends and family, dine out

What major city do you live in or near? State? Asheville, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Loose ~ 1 pound per week, build dietary and exercise habits that will lead to an eventual 50 lb weight loss.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Outgoing, passionate, organized, loves nature

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Farah Fawcett hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Laugh In, Donny and Marie, MASH, One day at a time

2 fun things about you? I find joy in simple things, I'm learning to just let go

Anything else you would like to share? I'm brand new to MFP and Challenges. I would love to make new friends, esp with folks who are 55+ and divorced.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hi 🙋‍♀️ and welcome, @barbwood05 !
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? My 1st was the 2021 Fall 5% Challenge Community

What do you like to do for fun? Reading and spending time with my family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Adelaide, South Australia, AUSTRALIA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose weight and get down to my GW.

How would your pet or friend describe you? To strict on myself but loyal to friends and family.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? n/a

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Power Rangers

2 fun things about you? Anything to do with nature, I am in.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a mother of 2 teenagers and hubby & I have been running our own cafe for more than 10 years.
  • 15Katharina06
    15Katharina06 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hey there,

my Name is Katharina, I am 39 years old and from Germany.

how many 5 % challenges?

this is my first time.

What do you like to do for fun?

reding, knitting, learn something new, swimming

What major city do you live in or near? State?

I live near Kiel.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

I want to loose 10 kg, cut out cola zero and handle my emotional eating better.

How would your pet or friend describe you?

I am open minded and always on a search for smething new. I am stubborn an live in the moment. In groups I am shy . I like to see life as an adventure.

What popular fad product or style did you regret?

in the 90s i had a cowboy hat

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    Star Trek enterprise NGT

2 fun things about you?
    I like to be goofy. I am a real science nerd.

Thank you for running this challenges. I need some support and a group of people so badly. I try to understand your rules. I hope that i do everthying right.

• amberlinamk1
    amberlinamk1 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amber and I live in southern Oregon.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? None, this will be the first one!

What do you like to do for fun? I love to travel and get out of my small town.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Eugene, OR.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight and maintain curves

How would your pet or friend describe you? Happy, loving, caring person who has many emotional ups and downs due to my weight.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Pretty much all the ones that take your money but don't produce results.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? All the 80's and 90's movies or tv shows that had the pretty girl and good looking guy. (Pretty Woman, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Full House, etc.)

2 fun things about you? I love animals and sunny days

Anything else you would like to share? I would give anything to wake up with the energy to want to go outside and enjoy my days or workout everyday like when I was younger instead of how I feel now. I'm hoping I can find some help or support here :)
  • joyjeanmfp
    joyjeanmfp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None! This will be my firsst.

What do you like to do for fun? Walk the dog, travel.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Milwaukee, Wisconsin

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 pounds, get in a strength training routine.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Enjoy alone time.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Curled bangs in the 80's/90's.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Heathcliff

2 fun things about you? We travel full time in an RV around the country and I grew up on a zoo.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm excited to get started!
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first!

What do you like to do for fun? I like to write - I have three self-published books out and I am working on a fourth! I also like to walk my dog and do crafts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to work on improving my ability to walk - I am currently wheelchair bound because of my weight and fibromyalgia, and I want to walk again!

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'm a bear before my first cup of coffee as anyone would say. After that, I'm a real sweetie.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? None, really. I was never into fads.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Hey Arnold!

2 fun things about you? I am in the process of getting my bachelor's so I can go to Med School, and I once jumped out of a perfectly good airplane!

Anything else you would like to share? I have 100+ lbs to lose and eventually I want to get into power lifting!
  • marilynWtx
    marilynWtx Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?

I lost count long ago but have been doing them for years back when we were on Spark and had to follow my friends here.

Hike, read, spend time with my husband and pets

Abilene, Texas

Continue to stay very active, continue to eat very healthy foods, get in regular strength training and other exercise, and get in at least 12, 000 steps a day

Pet: very hands on Friend: ready to lend a hand

Bell bottoms

Rawhide

2 fun things about you?

We have a 27 year old emu named Sammy, this year I'll read/listen to and review over 200 books

• Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Several since 2011

What do you like to do for fun? card games with friends, movies, read books, best times with 19 month old grandson

What major city do you live in or near? Winston Salem, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Never go over 150 and keep walking 5 or more miles daily, riding recumbent bike , stay within daily calorie range

How would your pet or friend describe you? sincere

What popular fad product or style did you regret? mini skirts

What was your favorite childhood TV show? all game shows, Price Is Right

2 fun things about you? Gotta think about this one!

Anything else you would like to share? I believe in God, love my family, and enjoy group events and thankful for sharing with my team here on MFP!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I apologize if i've already answered. some of these questions aren't familiar.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? i don't know. 12 or 16? I don't really remember

What do you like to do for fun? read, plan book challenges, walk with friends, play Pokemon Go, Disney Emoji Blitz and Magic Kingdoms on my phone

What major city do you live in or near? State? about an hour from NYC. We're in Northern New Jersey

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose weight, control cravings

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, detail oriented

What popular fad product or style did you regret? um, didn't get to do it but the huge bangs seemed really high.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Family Ties?, Who's the Boss, Full House, growing pains. We didn't get to watch any of them often but i liked them

2 fun things about you? I really like to plan my next book read and tell people about my favorite books.

• DeborahAnnCan
    DeborahAnnCan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Zero, this will be my first!

What do you like to do for fun? game nights with the family although they are a rare occurrence

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goals are to be consistent with exercise again and get back to feeling comfortable in my skin

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friend would describe me as a person who is a funny story teller and can do great impersonations. My pet would describe me as a the one who takes her for walks :p

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I rocked many of the 80s fads, but who can regret the 80s! It was a great era even though the fads were a bit outlandish :#

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Three's Company and Young and the Restless (I know that's a strange childhood TV show but my babysitter got me hooked ;) )

2 fun things about you? I love antique cars and anything to do with data...you read that right...data. I like collecting it, sorting it, analyzing it (strange...I know ;) )

Anything else you would like to share? I'm a full-time working mom of 2 teens, with one teen who is a competitive athlete (I spend a lot of hours at the rink) and I've been married for 24 years. At times feel like I've lost myself. Sadly, the hardest question here for me to answer was "What do you like to do for fun"
  • Mobunnies
    Mobunnies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    - None, but hopefully this will be my first.

- Video games, board games, hobby farming, gardening (beginner).

- Trondelag, Norway

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    - I’ve been struggling with fatigue and muscle pain, so I hope to regain some of my physical strength and develop some new, positive habits.

- I am introverted and kind.

- Buying into Apple products when there are better value alternatives. iPods were popular in high school. iMac was recommended as industry standard at college / university for designers - this was definitely not the case.

What was your favourite childhood TV show?
    - Pokémon / Digimon

2 fun things about you?
    - I moved from the UK to Norway to be with my husband, which encouraged me to start a new language and experience a new culture.
    - I am really interested in animals, especially birds. I grew up with hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, geese, peacocks, pigs, goats and horses. Funnily enough I did not live on an active farm, but my parents wanted to embrace the country lifestyle.

- I'm 30 and hope I'll be having my own kids soon.
  • dianetucker1
    dianetucker1 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started in Spark but not sure how many. Although enough that I should be at Goal by now!

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with my better half, grandkids and friends. Doesn't matter what we do.

What major city do you live in or near? State? St Louis but live in Illinois

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Intermittent fasting (time restricted eating) and weight training

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving but too health conscious! My dog would eat non stop if I would let her.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Had a really bad perm. Absolutely awful!

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Brady bunch, Tom & Jerry

2 fun things about you?

• Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lost Count started at SP

What do you like to do for fun? Play word games, find new recipes and cook, Sudoku (I also have the board game), swim, picnic, play horseshoes, play corn hole, walk and enjoy nature, watch nature shows, watch comedy shows and laugh, laugh, laugh.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Atlanta GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5 pounds and maintain my good health habits. I am in my healthy weight range but would like to lose a couple more inches off my waist.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, funny, fair in my dealings, practical.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? the thong

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Captain Kangaroo, Lancer, Bonanza, Hee Haw, Laugh In, Big Movie Shocker with Bestoink Dooly (LOL), Dark Shadows (only soap I have ever watched), All of the Warner Brothers cartoons, I didn't have only one favorite. Could name a dozen more.

2 fun things about you?
    My favorite day is to pack a picnic basket and head for the park with balls to pitch and a badminton net, and any other game or toy we can find to enjoy. And, of course, our fishing poles.

I love to play, to joke, puns, to laugh, (even at myself), to smile. Can remember jokes I learned as a child all the way up to today. My son and I used to play Name the Movie......one would just pop out a quote at random and the other would name the movie, LOL. Our family spent a lot of time at Blockbusters back in the day. By the way......"Say hello to my little friend."

I love the ocean, and any water, and always have. The first time my parents carried us to Florida we went to Daytona. I don't remember this, because I was 1 year old, but Mom told me we drove right up on the beach and I was squirming to get out. She put me down and I ran straight for the water. She thought I would stop when I got there and the water touched my feet and I saw how big it was, but I ran right in and she just barely caught me before I was up to my neck. Good thing I learned to swim at a very young age because I still love it!
  • djfshop
    djfshop Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    0 - This is the first one
    Walk in the woods

Green Bay Wisconsin (I don't know how major that is but most people know of it.)
    I have Myasthenia Gravis and finally have a medicine that keeps it under control so that I can do more! My goal is 20 minutes of aerobic exercise each day
    I hope they would say loving and kind
    When I was little I got a pixie and I was called a little boy many times. Made me mad because I thought I was a pixie
    The Partridge Family
    2 fun things about you?
    I married my best friend and I am a Packer fan
    I love to forage, especially for fungi, so sometimes my walks are slow!
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,824 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first one.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read and play video games. Also love to watch sports (baseball, football, college football, and Nascar). I am a die hard Buffalo Bills fan. Also the Atlanta Falcons. Love the Atlanta Braves and Georgia Bulldogs. Kyle Busch is my favorite Nascar driver and has been since 2009.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live near Athens, Georgia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get to under 160 before Fall. I also want to develop a CONSISTENT exercise plan that is fun for me.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I am always there for them

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I put a spiral perm in my already curly hair. Instant poodle poof.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Partridge Family

2 fun things about you? My neighbors are cows and they can get pretty rowdy at times. And I married the love of my life and we just celebrated our 25th anniversary.