Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• anyvar21
    anyvar21 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun? Visit with my grandchildren, I just finished a trip to New England which I had not been to in maybe 20 plus years. Attended the church I was last in around the early 80's when I was first married, visited my sister and her husband at Embden Pond Maine where I spent many summers at when I was still a child and young adult.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Dallas, Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Build physical strength and stamina. I had shoulder surgery last September and have improved alot but my endurance is weak.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    No pets, but a friend might say I'm loyal, dependable, serious as opposed to easy going.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Mini skirts

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Jetsons

2 fun things about you? I like to read mysteries, I grew up the third child of six, I have three adult children with 5 grandchildren.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    @DeborahAnnCan -aw I remember watching Three's company! I watched Young and the Restless with my babysitter-i don't/didn't enjoy it though.
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Play DML, build with Lego, walk, entertain my dog, read, chrochet

Virginia Beach, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Lose weight, give up sugar. I work out regular so keep up with that.

CRAZY, Nice, Funny, Nerve wracking. I have been compared to a Jack Russel terrier due to my lack of staying still for lone

What popular fad product or style did you regret?
    I don't do Fads and I always do my own style so none

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    Scooby Doo (still is)

2 fun things about you?
    I am adventurous but not by myself.
    I am normally frugal but if I see a Lego set that I like, I impulse buy it.

Married, 2 kids, 3 grandkids, lots of fur grandkids, 2 dogs, 4 cats
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've just found this group so it's my first.

What do you like to do for fun? I love parkrun :) Enjoy 'run-walk-running', especially over longer distances. Very much as time allows. I like anything that involves getting outside, especially if there's hills, rivers, canals etc. Not a fan of sand though. Love to swim, used to be a qualified lifeguard way back but don't seem to make time for it enough these days.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Manchester, England.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm determined to get down to a healthy weight and to build in healthy habits. I'm in the middle of a health 'thing' at the moment so my exercise is limited to walking, gentle yoga and physio's exercises for the next month or so.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat is a little 19 year old rescue. Under no illusions, she would describe me as the staff / servant, who should be more attentive. She's hilariously grumpy and demanding.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I don't really believe in having regrets! :)

What was your favourite childhood TV show? Jamie and the magic torch

2 fun things about you? I have two lovely grown up sons and am now in my final year as a mature student.

• thinwarden
    thinwarden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first!!

What do you like to do for fun? Play softball, dodgeball, bowling, go to beach

What major city do you live in or near? State? Rehoboth Beach, DE (between Philly and DC)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose some more weight but not lose muscle

How would your pet or friend describe you? Consistent, faithful, and fun

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Big puffy hair and the perms required to get there

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Happy Days

2 fun things about you? I have run 3 miles everyday since 12/26/2020; I started playing dodgeball this year in an adult league

• kellyannj
    kellyannj Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None

What do you like to do for fun? Watch movies, bible studies, read, walk with my pups, travel, cross stitch

What major city do you live in or near? State? Couer d’Alene, Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind and compassionate

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Short hair

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Little house on the prairie

2 fun things about you? I was published for my poetry, I have been to 11 countries

Anything else you would like to share? Thanks for organizing this.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    thinwarden wrote: »

2 fun things about you? I have run 3 miles everyday since 12/26/2020; I started playing dodgeball this year in an adult league

Impressive !!
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 634 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    This will be be my 53rd challenge.

Fun during the pandemic has been a little too much TV, jigsaw puzzles, and lunch with seniors at the senior center.

What do you like to do for fun? Waterfront and park walks, chats with girlfriends, cooking, knitting prayer shawls, dinner theatres, and dining out.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Duluth MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Health: More whole foods. Fitness: 30 minutes a day x 7

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Can’t think of anything. Maybe my first cat-eye glasses in third grade.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Perry Mason

Two fun things about you? I created stained glass windows for a church back in he 80’s. Lost a hundred pounds anout ten years ago. I’m only 50 lbs from my goal.

Anything else: I regularly vacation Florida's SW Gulf area. I'm a member of two local tall clubs.

I hope and pray I'm not too late to be a Red Hot.
  • dogwalker157
    dogwalker157 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first

What do you like to do for fun? bike ride, walk, garden

What major city do you live in or near? State? I split my time between Maine and MA near Portland and Boston

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to continue to lose weight, strengthen healthy eating habits and get regular exercise most days of the week

How would your pet or friend describe you? I like to keep moving, enjoy fun activities, a bit of an introvert

What popular fad product or style did you regret? No particular fad but I have come to realize that the diet industry has not helped me to reach my health and fitness goals

What was your favorite childhood TV show? There were not many options on t.v. when I was a kid. I liked Gilligan's Island, MASH and flintstones-

2 fun things about you? I'll have to get back to this one

• Imnotstoppin
    Imnotstoppin Posts: 936 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Participated in the 5% challenges since the SPARK Days when I was part of the Spirited Underdawg Team

What do you like to do for fun? Watching YouTube videos, baking, love sweating it out at the gym

What major city do you live in or near? State? CA, in Riverside County

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? being consistent with Food Diary and daily exercise

How would your pet or friend describe you? If my dog could talk she’d say I’m lovable and loyal

What popular fad product or style did you regret?  Getting a terribly tight perm from a Cosmetology School & white lipstick lol

What was your favorite childhood TV show?  Gilligan’s Island

2 fun things about you? I made a Playroom for my young grandkids; I like to dress Western even though I’m not a Cowgirl lol

Anything else you would like to share? I just started taking mini trips
  • SharonWIMSONFLOWER
    SharonWIMSONFLOWER Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I'm not sure, but have been doing them a number of years before Spark died. I'd estimate 20 or more. I should be thin as a rail by now. LOL! I've had some really good challenges and more not great ones. NEVER GIVE UP.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, write, bird and butterfly watch, garden, LEARN, watch TV with hubby.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Houston, TX (Relocated last year from near Morelia, Mexico)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Suddenly discovered I'm in pre-diabetic range. NOT having that!!!! So . . .
    #1 - Reversing prediabetes;
    #2 - Slim down for youngest son's wedding: and
    #3 - Increased energy for my new job at almost 70)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dependable, loving, faithful, encouraging

WW zero fat plan with no qty restrictions

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Ha! We didn't have TV until I was 12, so my exposure was limited. Probably "My Three Sons."

2 fun things about you?
    Gingerbread house contest at Christmas
    House makeovers

• epivan
    epivan Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Been in since Winter 2021

What do you like to do for fun? Motorcycling, cycling, hiking, camping.

What major city do you live in or near? Memphis State? TN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Reestablish healthy eating habits and lose 5% of my body weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cranky.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Neon

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Little House on the Prairie

2 fun things about you? I find British humor and bad signs endlessly entertaining. I wrote a book for NaNoWriMo.

Anything else you would like to share? I migrated to MFP after the death of SparkPeople specifically to continue participating in this challenge. I'm getting very frustrated with the lack of functionality in the community portion of the MFP app. Ready to look elsewhere.
  • mkksemail
    edited July 2023
    Options
    epivan wrote: »

Anything else you would like to share? I migrated to MFP after the death of SparkPeople specifically to continue participating in this challenge. I'm getting very frustrated with the lack of functionality in the community portion of the MFP app. Ready to look elsewhere.

🙋‍♀️😃

Gosh, SparkPeople must have had a really great forum experience! I am coming here from Fitbit and their Groups/Community area is positively archaic! It feels like a breath of fresh air, and a leap forward a couple decades, in the terms of tech. Lol

No imgs in replies to posts, only 1 omg per top post. Links in replies don't work. No spoiler tags.No bold, no color, no underlining, no italics... No anything. 😬

What parts of the Community section are frustrating to you, if you don't mind me asking, @epivan ?
  • rebelwantsharley
    rebelwantsharley Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I honestly don't remember- started on Spark People

What do you like to do for fun? I'm forever trying some new craft or project.

What major city do you live in or near? State? In the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get back on track- work has been an absolute chaotic roller-coaster the last few months and the stress snacking is a bit out of control :neutral:

How would your pet or friend describe you? I don't have pets, but my friends would probably say that I tend to put everyone ahead of myself

What popular fad product or style did you regret? None that I can think of

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Emergency!

2 fun things about you? I can play 7 instruments and I like to make decorated theme cakes for special events/birthdays

Anything else you would like to share? Tennessee Titans fan here- TITAN UP!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @epivan , want to please is in the Airport Lounge? We'd love to hear what's going on with the MFP app. I use both it and also my browser almost in exchangeably. It's sad to have to use both , but I'm used to it now.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This is my first

What do you like to do for fun?
    Read, bike, cook, camp

Chicago, IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Lose weight, gain strength

Kind, doting, funny

Hmm..stirrup pants

What was your favorite childhood TV show?
    Brady Bunch

2 fun things about you?
    I got back into teaching a few years ago
    I once won a watermelon seed spitting contest

I am married with five children and a dog
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure lost track, started on Sparkpeople ad moved to here.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to walk, crochet, watch TV, camp, have a fire, play cards

What major city do you live in or near? State? I Live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (big city with a small town feel)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? M goal this round is to increase my exercise. I plan to strength train ever other day and increase my step goal to 9000 steps a day from the current 8000 step goal.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pet would tell you that I am lots of fun and like to go for long walks.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Does anyone remember the checkered pants in the late 70's…. Yup that was not a good look….

What was your favorite childhood TV show? I really enjoyed The Facts of Life

2 fun things about you? I can bake and love to spend time in the kitchen

Anything else you would like to share? Not right now…

• 7WithYou0613
    7WithYou0613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will actually be my first!

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read, ride my bike, hike whenever the weather is nice enough for it, and dance!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Connecticut!

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just want to lose *something* and gain the motivation to be able to continue.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Funny, compassionate and loyal

What popular fad product or style did you regret? None! I actually loved them all - and I'm excited they're all coming back lol

What was your favorite childhood TV show? The Flintstones!

2 fun things about you? I work in Veterinary Medicine, and I LOVE anything Korean related (k-pop, k-dramas, etc.)

Anything else you would like to share? Honestly just excited to be here!
  • evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None that I can remember. :D

What do you like to do for fun? Read, garden/landscape, knit in the winter, sew, walk

What major city do you live in or near? State? Missouri

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 to 15 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, sweet, introvert, quiet

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I liked all the fads! Not now, but I did then. Haha.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Dark Shadows - The Original

2 fun things about you? I'm kind of quirky. I appreciate and embrace my awkwardness.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm an introvert so I don't share much. :p
  • mkksemail
    Options

What popular fad product or style did you regret? None! I actually loved them all - and I'm excited they're all coming back lol

2 fun things about you? I work in Veterinary Medicine, and I LOVE anything Korean related (k-pop, k-dramas, etc.)
    [/b]

Lol, I love your comment about the fads!!

Also, my daughter also works in Veterinary Medicine! And, I think she loves all sorts of Asian things. Manga, Ramen, Sushi, Bubble Tea, you name it 😃

Welcome! (I'm new this season too 😎)

Cheers!
    - mk (Maine)