WeightNoMore Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
ru07ck3u0xdu.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossible - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for 4 weeks, from July 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone & happy July!

Weigh in day - Thursday
    Starting/Current weight- 207.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,164 Member
    Options
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sunday, July 2nd. Join us for the Beat the Heat Challenge, set your goals and participate in lively discussions and activity based upon your goal every day during the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893914/july-week-1-group-challenge-beat-the-heat#latest

Another great opportunity to meet others from all 5 Fat2Fit Teams and start July off right with an active fitness week! Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,962 Member
    Options
    Welcome July 🌞

I've been feeling better lately and plan to keep a better track of things again.

I'm back to doing my personal challenge:
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣5️⃣6️⃣7️⃣ 25Jun-1Jul
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫
    😏😏😏😏😏😏😏 Core/Flex/Balance
    ❤️😏😏😏😏😏😏 Workout - app/vid
    😏🧡😏😏😏💜😏 Tone - BLABs
    ❤️😏💛💚💙😏🤎 Walk/cardio
    ❤️😏😏💚💙😏😏 6,000+ steps
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 1.5+ litres water
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 Caloric deficit (500+ avg/day)
    Steps total: 41,617

I finally took the time to understand the callory stuff and have recorded my consumption for the past 7 days and, based on general maintenance caloric needs of 2655, I deleted my consumed callories each day and stayed in deficit for the week.
    Caloric deficit total: 5,935
    (S 600, M 1324, T 882 W 938 T 780 F 655 S 756)

I used this calculation:
    ▪️General maintenance caloric needs [me]: Body weight lb [177] x 15 = 2655
    Aim for 1655 to 2155 caloric consumption (2655-1000/500)
    To make more change, this is better:
    ▪️Moderately active caloric needs [me]: BMR [1463] x 1.55 = 2267
    Aim for 1267 to 1767 caloric consumption (2267-1000/500)
    [me: 52yo, 177 lb weight]

Links if anyone's interested:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/calorie-deficit#creating-a-deficit

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/calorie-counting-made-easy
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Hmmm, red hearts don't work ... just testing options here ❤️♥️🩷💗💖❣️
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    July 2nd

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: June 25th - 208.8
    Current Weight: July 2nd - 208.0

Steps
    Sunday - 5346
    Monday - 5411
    Tuesday - 6895
    Wednesday - 5967
    Thursday - 4523
    Friday - 5475
    Saturday - 4573

Total - 38190 steps
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Happy July all! B) 🔆

I'll reintroduce myself as it has been a couple months since I've done that ;)

Hi all! I’m 44 years old, ~ 5'6" (1.67m), work full time, in a LDR so living alone with my dog in the Netherlands. I used to be a competitive (not pro) mountain biker until my mid to late 30s. Over the last 2-3 years I gained about 15 kg (~33 lbs), which is why I joined MFP late February and started tracking my food and first joined this awesome team in May.

I've since then lost those 15kg but would like to go all the way back to my ideal weight of 58.5-59 kg. I aimed slightly lower, as in my athlete days I'd go all the way down to 54-55 kg.

In addition to aiming to live a healthier life, be more active and eat healthy I also have a 1/4 marathon (run) planned on 8-Oct-2023, so it would be great to lose that last bit over the summer and get into shape for that race B)

Let's make July our best month yet WNM!! 💪
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,291 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hey WeightNoMores! Welcome to July. I'm Ashley, I'll be one of your two co-captains here to guide you through the month (and even longer, if you'll stick around with us). It's been a bit since I've put adequate effort into the team, and I'd like to apologize for doing the bare minimum - all of you deserve better than that.

Instead of my standard copied and pasted introduction, I decided to write it from scratch this time. So many things have changed since I joined the team several years ago. This is going to be long, I am breaking it down into sections.
    ~ THE BASICS ~
    Name: Ashley
    Pronouns: she/her
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 234lbs
    Current Weight: 179lbs
    Lowest Weight: 6lb 10oz
    Medical Diagnosis: Multiple Sclerosis
    ~ MY HEALTH STORY ~
    I grew up in a Clean Plates Club™ household, with the idea that food could stuff down any emotion and mask any discomfort. This led to being bullied as a child, expecting people to be mean to me in middle and high school (and then being mean to people first so they didn't have the chance), having an identity crisis in college, and being scared (ahem) poopless after a doctor told me I was on the edge of being pre-diabetic.

I used this fear to catapult me into fitness, starting with indoor cycling classes. I expanded into trying out OrangeTheory, Barry's Bootcamp, F45, and numerous smaller boutique fitness studios. Eventually, I landed on a nice gym that offers group fitness but also allows you to use their equipment for your own personal use. That, combined with having a personal training session once a week, and dropping into group fitness studios from time to time, has led me to have a balanced fitness routine.

In the middle of me getting my (ahem) stuff together, November 2019, I had my first major Multiple Sclerosis relapse and could not feel half of my body. At the time, I had no diagnosis and did not know what was going on outside of the sensation of pins and needles on my left side. After playing a rousing game of Musical Neurologists, I found a doctor who did not believe my condition to be severe anxiety. He ordered an MRI and a spinal tap, and I was on my way. 14 vials of blood, 2 MRIs, and one spinal tap later, I had a diagnosis. My symptoms are mostly manageable, and my active lifestyle along with reasonably healthy eating has allowed me to continue on with my life without much interruption. My next MRI is in a week, and I hope it shows no further deterioration, as there is currently no cure for MS.

And now? Now I'm focused on building muscle, maintaining my cardiovascular health, and holding back the icky side effects of the autoimmune disorder. Losing weight would be fantastic, but it's not my focus anymore. I'm also studying to become a certified personal trainer, with the intent to make fitness more accessible for those with chronic illness.
    ~ FUN NUMBERS ~
    Number of Spin Classes Attended: 1160
    Deadlift Personal Best: 180 lbs
    Fastest Mile Run: 6m 11s
    Percent Body Fat: 25.7%
    Times "Started Over": Too High to Count
    ~ THINGS TO KNOW ~
    • I am also a moderator for F2F, so if something doesn't look right, you can let me know and I'll take care of it.
    • As a chemical engineer, I am VERY familiar with a lot of the chemicals we put into our bodies, and numbers are my friends. I also do research for a living. You want facts? I'm your girl. I am always (ALWAYS) happy to explain the science behind something.
    • I used to have a blog on MFP before they removed the blog feature. I didn't save everything I ever wrote, but you can find some of it here: LINK
    • I am an open book. You want to know about life with MS? Just ask. You want to know when my last bowel movement was? Just ask. You want my maple donut cookie recipe? Just ask. There is not a single topic I am unwilling to chat about - all it takes is asking the right questions.
    ~ RECENT DRAMA ~
    One of my childhood friends is getting married in September. Her bachelorette party was two weeks ago. She planned it herself, because she wanted it to be perfect. And when she sent out the agenda/packing list, she also sent out a dress code.

The dress code body shamed a good half of her friends.

Don't believe me? She sent out a second message, to just a select group of us, which started with "And to my curvier friends..."

Her rules included gems such as:
    • No lace
    • No mesh
    • No cutouts
    • No dresses shorter than just above the knee
    • No heels higher than 2.5 inches
    • No strapless outfits
    • No one-shoulder outfits
    • No distracting cleavage

I intentionally broke several of her rules, but not in a way that would ruin any of her photos. She elaborated at one point, claiming that her rules were for aesthetic purposes - this didn't help her case.

And now the plan is to get a spite body. It's similar to a revenge body after a break-up, but this time, it's driven by spite. Maybe it's not the healthiest motivator, but it's certainly a fun one.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    And now down to Team WNM Business...

For a Select Few of You
    I am weighting (ha) for starting weights for this month from:
    @latoyarichardsonr23
    @trebled_egg
    @Laurabb99
    @Kykybinford

I did not receive weigh-ins last week from:
    @014kate014
    @abp1025

For Everyone
    If you need any of the following at any point this month, please let me know ASAP:
    • to be moved to the support team temporarily
    • to be excused for a week due to the inability to weigh in (e.g. injury, vacation, scale battery problems...)
    • to change your weigh day
    • to be moved to the goal zone and shift into maintenance
    • to ask questions about basically anything
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    alexhomeandcoffee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Thank you for posting your story 🙏

In 2019 I was also diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I was at my heaviest (225) last Dec and am now trying to be healthier overall.

I’d love any advice you May have on working out and eating healthier with m.s.

🙋🏻‍♀️✨
  • BodyTalking
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hey Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm I'm so glad you broke some of the rules for the party 👏 I'm proud of you! I remember you telling us about that invitation and I was gobsmacked!

In my previous post, I shared links and calculated my maintenance caloric amount. As you're a numbers person and have knowledge on this, do you think it seems right? For info: my height is 67" (5'7"), weight 177 lb, age 52, low to moderate activity just now.
    (I've only just noticed that I put 62" instead of 67" for my height and have amended the figures)
    What I worked each section out to be for my starting stats:
    ◾Caloric deficit (3500-7000 avg/wk)
    ▪️General maintenance caloric needs [me]: Body weight lb [177] x 15 = 2655
    Aim for 1655 to 2155 caloric consumption (2655-1000/500)
    ▪️Moderately active caloric needs [me]: BMR [1975] x 1.55 = 3061
    Aim for 2061 to 2561 caloric consumption (3061-1000/500)
    If more or less active, work according to the numbers below. Adjust maintenance figure after weight loss.
    ◾Caloric needs based on BMR and activity levels.
    🔹BMR for adult female [me]: 1975
    655 + 761 + 315 - 244= 1975
    655 + (4.3 x weight lb [177]= 761.1) + (4.7 x height inch [67]= 314.9) – (4.7 x age [52]= 244.4) = BMR 1975.4
    🔸Maintenance caloric needs:
    • sedentary: little or no exercise:
    BMR [1975] x 1.2 = 2370
    • minimally active: 1–3 days per week of exercise or activity:
    BMR [1975] x 1.375 = 2715
    • moderately active: 3–5 days per week of moderate activity or sports:
    BMR [1975] x 1.55 = 3061
    • very active: 6–7 days per week of hard exercise:
    BMR [1975] x 1.725 = 3406
    • extra active: athletes who train twice per day for example:
    BMR [1975] x 1.9 = 3752
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/calorie-deficit#creating-a-deficit
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/calorie-counting-made-easy
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GarysGirl78

Weigh-in day: Monday
    SW/HW: 78.83 kg / 173.8 lbs
    PW: 62.6 kg / 138.0 lbs
    CW: 61.9 kg / 136.5 lbs

Steps I posted in the June chat :)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-2,127
    Mon-6,236
    Tues-10,488
    Wed-6,103
    Thurs-8,782
    Fri-13,322
    Sat-0
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Steps still not great. Sat I had 0, I hung out in my pool all day. I didn't worry about my fitbit. My fitbit is also broken, the screen is just blue but it is still tracking my steps so I am going to wear it until I get a new one. I don't think I am doing another fitbit though, I am going to look for a different watch. My husband said get a Samsung galaxy watch or get an apple watch and a new phone. He hates that I have an android. I'm not in a rush right now.
  • CassiaS1
    CassiaS1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 245
    CW (Current Weight): 244

I had some really great days and some not so great days last week. I did some grocery shopping over the weekend and plan to try some MFP recipes. Fingers crossed that I will have a more nutritious week and a better report next Monday. Thank you so much for the support!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    USERNAME: i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Mondays
    PW: 190.6
    CW: 191.2

*Started weights 3 days a week this past week, so hoping this is just water retention.

Steps for 6/25-7/1:

Sun: 13,949
    Mon: 5197
    Tues: 6164
    Wed: 8212
    Thur: 10,558
    Fri: 8005
    Sat: 11,413

TOTAL: 63,498

• BodyTalking
    Options
    @ljdanny I like Android and have a Xiaomi watch. It's much cheaper than almost all the others and does just as well as a Fitbit (I had the most basic Fitbit, so miles better than that). I don't understand the love for a far more expensive Apple product, but that's just me.
  • akstamps
    akstamps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: akstamps
    Weigh-In Day: Sundays
    PW: (I'm not technically inclined & can't find that post from when I signed up.)
    CW: 242.8

Oh, my!! This has been a week. Navigating this app is not all that easy. Sorry that I can't find the PW, but the current weight is accurate from when I weighed myself yesterday.

I'm not sure if my weight fluctuated any since my original weigh-in. My family was on vacation this past week and I opted to make healthier choices instead of calorie counting. Hopefully, all is well.

This week, I am back on track and am looking forward to helping the team kick butt!!!

-- Ayanna
  • BodyTalking
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi Alanna @akstamps
    This app does take a bit of getting used to and, frustrations aside, you'll get the hang of it. It's much better than it was a few months ago.
    For each community group and thread, I bookmark the current chat rooms (a little banner/bookmark icon at the top, click and it turns blue). You can then access them through the 'Community' button or at the bottom of the chats: Quick Links 'My Groups'/'My Bookmarks'.
    I usually save my starting weight and past weight details in my Notes app, then copy and paste here. Scrolling to find my previous comments sometimes takes too long.
    Also, unless it has changed, you can easily lose the text you're writing if you inadvertently turn your phone and the screen rotates 😮‍💨 so watch out for that. (I've just tested it and it still kicks you out when you turn your phone 🤬)
This discussion has been closed.