Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Lynne10010
    Lynne10010 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

* This is my first 5% Challenge and my first participation in a Group.
    * For fun I enjoy board games, NY Times games, reading, browsing, walking, family time with husband, children, and grandchildren and visiting with friends. I enjoy the ocean and the mountains.
    * I live in Portland, Oregon but am in the process of moving to Forest Grove, Oregon.
    *My health/fitness goals for this season is consistency - to strengthen habits that will allow me to to reach and maintain a weight that will make my liver happy.
    * Just about anyone would describe me as quiet, helpful, progressive Christian and a numbers nerd.
    * My favorite TV program (early 1950s) was "Mr. Wizard". My favorite radio program now is '"Wait, Wait, don't tell me".
    * Before I had kids I was much more adventuresome - climbed mountains and tried parachuting and river running with friends.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 0, this is my first

What do you like to do for fun? Kayaking, shopping, biking, walking, movies, reading, beaches, travel, going out with friends n family

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Restarted in May after major surgery, down 20 lbs, with 30 t o go.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring, sensitive, genuine, happy, kind and type A

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Seinfeld

Anything else you would like to share?
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with my husband and my dogs

What major city do you live in or near? State? Louisiana (everyone's first thought is New Orleans)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To add more steps in daily and to track every day.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring and attentive.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? 80's hair - the higher the bangs the closer to heaven LOL

What was your favorite childhood TV show? American Bandstand (really showing my age)

2 fun things about you? I love music and going to Disneyworld

Anything else you would like to share? I have been a yo-yo dieter for most of my adult life and sweets are the hardest for me.
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first, so glad I saw this in Dianedoessmiles1 thread!

What do you like to do for fun? fishing, soapmaking, baking (one of my issues!), crafty stuff like crochet and cross stitch, want to get back into hiking.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I am in Idaho Falls, ID

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get below 200, keep at my weightlifting, do more low impact stuff, just get off the couch!

How would your pet or friend describe you? quiet, happy, a little absent minded!

What popular fad product or style did you regret? The late 80s asymmetrical haircut

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Silver Spoons

2 fun things about you? After raising my kids, I went and got a mid-life crisis degree and became a software engineer.: smiley: Better than a Corvette! I used to show chickens in Poultry Shows. We plan to get back into that next year.
  • SilverAO
    SilverAO Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi! My name is Silver. :)

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've never done one before!

What do you like to do for fun? I like to watch people play games/do art on twitch. I do art myself! I make a fantasy webcomic and it has a kickstarter right now to print the 6th chapter. :D Message me if you'd like the link.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Tucson, Arizona (USA).

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I had a personal goal to lose 15 lbs in 100 days, and 5% of my bodyweight fits right into that goal. I'm trying to walk more, exercise regularly, and write down what I eat.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kindness is a big deal to me, so hopefully they'd describe me as kind.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I was bulimic in high school and it really messed up my teeth so I have regrets about that.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Probably DragonBall Z

2 fun things about you? I work at an elementary school so I have this summer off! I'm using it to better myself and watch a lot of One Piece. Secondly, I do art in my free time and sell it at conventions! I've got 2 coming up in the time-span covered by this challenge.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • dashel37
    dashel37 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is my first challenge on MFP so it will be a good learning experience

At the moment I don’t do a lot for fun, between working, exercising and renovating our home I’m too tired to do much but watch tv.

I am English and live in the North level with Newcastle

My fitness goal is to get my back strong enough to carry a diving tank as I love to dive- but I have had lots of back injuries so need to be careful. I would also like to loose another stone or possibly a tad more

My cat would describe me as annoying and slow and not psychic enough

I wore shell suits in neon colours many years ago

My favourite kids tv shows were fraggle rock and he man

Two fun things, I live in the middle of nowhere and I’m a Trekkie
  • MissMJ777
    MissMJ777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several when it was still under spark.

What do you like to do for fun? Write, listen to audio books, play games, color, watch movies/shows.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston, Ma

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Build better habits so I can lose that 5% or more

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, introvert, fun, good listener, give amazing head scratches(the cats(

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Not really a fad or style and it was only one time, but my regret is wearing a crop shirt with spandex pants with one of those bulkie pads. Oh the embarrassment 😳

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Full house. Had a crush on Uncle Jesse.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy rides, roller-coasters, spin, water, etc. I crack myself up.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 4 married kids and 13 grandkids. I drive a truck for a living. I am married for 38 years.
  • azhkrgrl
    azhkrgrl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one. I joined the in between challenge

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, reading, learning new things/culture, traveling, gardening, nature

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live in Wisconsin

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Meet my 5% goal, increase my fitness, strength, flexibility, eat healthy, and be consistent in all of these.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Lovable but strict.

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Not really into fads.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Perry Mason & Little House on The Prairie

2 fun things about you? I do not know how to ride a bicycle but hope to be able to ride by end of summer. I have hiked the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim.

Anything else you would like to share? By the end of this challenge, I hope to have to developed healthy habits.
  • MissMJ777
    MissMJ777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MissMJ777 wrote: »
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several when it was still under spark.

What do you like to do for fun? Write, listen to audio books, play games, color, watch movies/shows.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston, Ma

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Build better habits so I can lose that 5% or more

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, introvert, fun, good listener, give amazing head scratches(the cats(

What popular fad product or style did you regret? Not really a fad or style and it was only one time, but my regret is wearing a crop shirt with spandex pants with one of those bulkie pads. Oh the embarrassment 😳

What was your favorite childhood TV show? Full house. Had a crush on Uncle Jesse.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy rides, roller-coasters, spin, water, etc. I crack myself up.

• FitBee9
    FitBee9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? First one--but if I'm too late to join, will try next time.

What do you like to do for fun? I read, walk in the woods, and paint.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My fitness goals are to gain more strength and start a running program. Health-wise, I need to break some bad habits.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, quiet (but don't get her riled, lol).

What popular fad product or style did you regret? I will regret forever the perm I had in college.

What was your favorite childhood TV show? A real oldie: Lancer (a TV western).

2 fun things about you? I lived in France for the first 3 years of my life. I paint rocks and hide them around town for people to find.

Anything else you would like to share? At the end of the challenge, I hope to see myself in a better/fitter light.