Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Tonight's meal was a hamburger and Fritos and a Mississippi Mud brownie. (Still tweaking the recipe, but highly edible nonetheless.)

And as always, I got sick afterwards. I really hope my body stops doing these insulin dumps when I eat because it makes me sick. It happens if I eat low or no carb, too, by the way. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I dump, and feel rotten afterwards.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... the calories are tricky there. Sometimes they would work. Sometimes not as well! But if it worked for @Athijade more the power to her! :smiley:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Alexandra- hope you’re seeing a doctor about the insulin dumping. It sure doesn’t seem right that you’re making a fabulous meal and feeling sick afterwards.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Agree with yoolie.... hope you can sort out as to what's happening.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Went to the village yesterday, and took some family for a quick Ouzo in a tavern nearby.

It's been a while. :)

yPZHA8H.jpg

QH3MHbF.jpg

GClwv2d.jpg

AtDW4T2.jpg

otw6ofj.jpg

OMLl2vX.jpg

PR6jgFv.jpg

BTRPCGd.jpg

Now a weekend of salads to compensate... :'(:D
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    OMG Dante- looking at those photos takes me on a glorious visual vacation. If only my “village” even faintly resembled yours! I’m am so envious. Do you have any idea how fortunate you are?

The food is spectacular. Certainly worth a weekend of salads. And I’ll bet your penitent salads will be just as beautiful. Perhaps a little more ouzo on the side?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Extraordinary images Dante! The quality of light there is just so beautiful!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I’m agreeing with Yooly, Alexandra. Seems like a situation where seeing a doctor might be in order?

I was going to suggest maybe trying to have several smaller meals rather than a big one but then realized that you said you moved to a single meal as the way to try and help with the situation.

🙁
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dante this is awesome 😎

Alexandra I hope has coverage and can go get checked out 🤔😬
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Still struggling to eat much. Just not that hungry. Today I had 2 chicken tenders (not very big) and half a slice of Texas toast for lunch. Dinner was some rice, teriyaki chicken, broccoli, carrots, and a couple potstickers. Finally getting some veggies back in which hopefully will help everything get back to normal.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I seem to be doing okay with one meal a day and accepting that I'm going to be sluggish afterwards. It's seven at night; I've not got much planned beyond reading another book and letting the dogs in and out a couple times before they go in their crates for the night at ten and I go up to bed.

Tonight was roasted chicken breast with a little cornbread dressing and chicken gravy. Wife had her chicken thigh and leg with the dressing and some steamed broccoli tossed in butter with sea salt and cracked black pepper. She's also trying intermittent fasting. Her schedule's different from mine, though. When I'm feeling good I like 18:6, starting at noon and going to 6 pm. She is doing 18:6 from 6 pm to midnight cause she sleeps late and stays up late. (Currently, of course, I'm doing something like 22:2.)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dante you WILL have to share more about the name/location of village. Looking awesome, of course! Are you off for summer holidays or just a quick visit?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope you stay on the upswing Athijade!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Dante you WILL have to share more about the name/location of village. Looking awesome, of course! Are you off for summer holidays or just a quick visit?

Was out for a quick visit man. Just a couple of days. T_T

My mothers' village is in Euboia and called Triada. It's not on the seaside, but somewhat close (20 minutes or so by car).

Some shots I took from April and now.

JeMwCFw.jpg

vuTP2Dl.jpg

7bJzjrB.jpg

ZbZ27wD.jpg

The tavern is on the seashore a couple of villages over, in Artaki.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Those images are breath taking, Dante..
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Lots of similarities to Texas landscapes even down to the natural stone building.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Supper tonight (after a lunch of ... Green Soup ... ) roasted vegetables and lentils with a lime tahini sauce :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Had a bit more than four bunnies worth of yellow and green beans and carrots ✅ and an "instant" pho soup🤔.... plus a Kit Kat ice cream bar!😳🙈

Need more protein, more fiber and.... less calories for the next meal of the day! 🤔🤣

Of course with both activity level and volume of food in transit current curtailed and iv fluids mostly expelled.... I (re)hit single digit distance to aspiring (re)goals on a good 1.2lb drop!

Chances of the drop hanging around.... not that great--but hope is always good! 😬
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes. Protein. For healing. I hope Greek yoghurt finds its way into your next meal 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    How are you feeling, PAV??