Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2023
    Back to my dinner of champions :) 2 scrambled eggs topped with 30g of feta cheese, a sprinkling of chipotle, a mighty splash of sriracha and a teaspoon of bbq sauce. 157 g broccoli and 125g baked sweet potato wedges on the side.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Well I went... shocker... nuclear! 503g of frozen green beans 6:30. konjac sushi rice 296g 90 seconds and ~180 Cal (this one HAS some calories). In the other microwave (cough, cough) blue menu butter chicken (~370 Cal).... -65g of rice to Ms Dog. Half the beans and konjac rice and all the butter chicken down the hatch. The rest wrapped and ready to go for later!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    TWO microwaves!!!! 🙄
  • PAV8888
    Speed = more MFP time ❣️

Plus remember.... I've got knick knacks from two places stuffed in the one! 🤷‍♂️
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Ended up with an epic burrito bowl last night from Qdoba. Light rice, half and half pinto and black beans, steak, light cheese, fajita veggies, pickled onions, pickled jalapenos, sour cream, pico, corn salsa, lettuce, and guac. I was SO full after.

I swear tonight I am making the dang chicken and green beans!
  • lauriekallis
    Sounds delicious, Athijade.

PAV...
    pv5moiiw03es.jpg

• PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Well.... this puppy "saved" >$50 buying bags of bunnies during point days :lol:

I mean I bought them at the pre-inflation $1.99 per 400g to 750g bag of veggies (weight depends on each type of veg) instead of the current $3.99 sale price or $5.49 at regular price! :rage:

So I has bunnies but am somewhat low on freezer space!

I think someone is making FUN of me! :astonished:
  • Yoolypr
    What? You don’t have two freezers? 😂
    I shouldn’t laugh because we have the usual freezer/refrigerator unit. And then hubby has what I fondly call the Jumbotron freezer. It’s so tall I can’t see or reach the top shelf. And yes it is packed with “sale” goodies.

Worse than having a roof leak would be if the power went out for three days during this ice storm. Think of all the precious goodies that would have to be tossed out! Hubby would have been devastated. He’s taking the fallen tree limbs/roof damage surprisingly well.
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Now that would be unrecoverable damage. PLUS, let's face it, modern life... needs electricity

(and yes, I've filled the (shared) Jumbotron. The jumbotron needs baskets to contain items. It gets packed no-where near as tight as the old fashioned chest freezers because the packages slip off each other.... note to self... get little baskets!)
  • lauriekallis
    PAV, your two microwave meal cooking just filled me with such joy I burst into peals of laughter. Not making fun of you at all :)

Glad your power stayed on Yooly!
  • Yoolypr
    And I’m glad you’ve come back to join us Laurie!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    PAV, your two microwave meal cooking just filled me with such joy I burst into peals of laughter. Not making fun of you at all :)

Yeah, yeah: that's what they all tell me all the time: "PAV we're not laughing AT you, we're laughing WITH you", but I have this inkling this MAY not always be true, you know!

Added a Tom yum creamy noodle soup (~290 Cal) to the remaining half of the bunnies. Bunny mix today was the higher calories pea, corn, edamame, carrot and green bean mix in a 750g bag. Edamame actually added quite a bit to it.

My world is in trouble! https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-nestle-canada-to-wind-down-frozen-meals-and-pizza-business-over-next/

Actually there's only a few of the lean cuisine's I really like and I have slowed down/stopped my buying because of price increases. The stouffer's individual size lasagna were quite good I though. And yeah, I used to buy them when reasonably priced. I too find it at least a little bit interesting that they're focusing on water and pet food.
  • lauriekallis
    edited February 2023
    I like the idea that this might open space in our grocer's freezers for new products 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'm on a mission to reduce the food in my house... I'm still working on the veggies in the fridge but next week it'll be the veggies in the freezer 🙂 and then some of the weird seeds and legumes in the pantry.

It's exciting to be on this little mission. So far the calories have been down for 4 days... I hope it can stay that way... I had a bit of a peanut butter mishap today 😂 but I think those calories are absorbable and I got rid of the remnants of the peanut butter and the jar.

• lauriekallis
    And there's lots of prepare food in the second little freezer... I can eat for a long time really without going to the grocery store. But I'll get some special stuff just to keep it interesting.
  • lauriekallis
    Supper tonight is roasted cauliflower and broccoli with shavings of garlic on top and a little bit of olive oil. And a couple of scrambled eggs with a sprinkling of feta and many dashes of sriracha.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I made a lighter shepherd's pie last night. Flavor was wonderful, but I added too much beef broth so it was more of a stew thickness. Which is whatever. As long as it tastes good who really cares. I also did NOT have enough mashed potatoes, but that is my fault because I was lazy and used refrigerated mashed potatoes. Again, tasted good and that is all that matters. I would make it again for sure, but with less broth.
  • lauriekallis
    I love shepherd's pie. Usually use lentils (tried the fake ground beef a few times but prefer the little green/brown lentils). It is satisfying, nourishing for the body and soul, and you can make almost a week's worth and it just keeps tasting better.
    Seems you have inspired me, Athijade!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2023
    Hmmm.... I have some Amazon fake meat to try! Does it really need the oil it says it does? Hmmmm?🤔
  • lauriekallis
    Nah....especially not in Shepherd's pie!
  • lauriekallis
    Let's have a Shepherd's pie fiesta :)