Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 if you have a passion go for it. I wouldn’t judge your motivational abilities based on whether your husband listens to you. I think it often helps when you were seek someone out as a third-party. My sister-in-law was 55 when she decided to become a full-blown yoga instructor. She made that decision during the pandemic, and went with it for the full 500-hour yoga teacher training. Her only background in fitness was she has done yoga herself. She absolutely loves it and teaches several times a week specially in restorative yoga. You can totally do it!

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Sbus12 -- Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really want to teach in retirement centers, people with disabilities, pain, trouble with exercise or not knowing where to start - that sort of thing. I thought maybe I was too old to start something new, but maybe it's what I'm supposed to be doing. :+1:
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    PW: 141.1
    CW: 139.6

Week loss: 1.5 lbs
    Month Loss: 2.3 lbs
    Total Loss (since May): 13.4 lbs

I'm so excited to be under 140lbs. I'm officially back at my pre pregnancy weight, reaching this goal one month before my twins turn 2.

Another goal I had for the month was to start adding to my workouts. I usually just run on the treadmill. I've added in the stair master and row machine. Sometimes it's instead of the running, sometimes as well as. I feel like this is helping get a little better workout and burn more calories.

congrats @Zaxa2021! I feel super motivated hearing success stories. I'm sure chasing after a pair of 2 year olds is a workout in itself! You may have already mentioned this in previous threads, but curious what your strategy was on the food/nutrition side?
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    ganival wrote: »

I'm so excited to be under 140lbs. I'm officially back at my pre pregnancy weight, reaching this goal one month before my twins turn 2.

Another goal I had for the month was to start adding to my workouts. I usually just run on the treadmill. I've added in the stair master and row machine. Sometimes it's instead of the running, sometimes as well as. I feel like this is helping get a little better workout and burn more calories.

congrats @Zaxa2021! I feel super motivated hearing success stories. I'm sure chasing after a pair of 2 year olds is a workout in itself! You may have already mentioned this in previous threads, but curious what your strategy was on the food/nutrition side?

Thanks! Honestly, I'm probably not doing the best on nutrition. I kind of do an unintentional 16 hour fast (basically I don't like eating breakfast and try to limit late night eating). I usually have some sort of salad for lunch and something somewhat reasonable for dinner. I try to keep the portions reasonable.

My main issue is snacking and drinks. Instead of intentional, smart snacks I tend to graze, especially on the food I'm giving the kids, just because it's easily available. When I log it, I find it can really add up! So I've been working on that. I also feel like I should have more protein in my diet. That usually gives me more energy, but I'm not very good at meeting my macro goals.

Thanks for helping me reflect and identify areas I can improve!
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ganival wrote: »

Thanks! Honestly, I'm probably not doing the best on nutrition. I kind of do an unintentional 16 hour fast (basically I don't like eating breakfast and try to limit late night eating). I usually have some sort of salad for lunch and something somewhat reasonable for dinner. I try to keep the portions reasonable.

My main issue is snacking and drinks. Instead of intentional, smart snacks I tend to graze, especially on the food I'm giving the kids, just because it's easily available. When I log it, I find it can really add up! So I've been working on that. I also feel like I should have more protein in my diet. That usually gives me more energy, but I'm not very good at meeting my macro goals.

Thanks for helping me reflect and identify areas I can improve!

Thanks for sharing! I've also found that limiting after dinner eating works for me in terms of weight loss so thanks for the reminder on that one!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Hi All
    My apologies I went MIA this weekend. I fell on Saturday. Injured my foot. I will get caught up on all the comments this evening.

@Cyncia85 Hope you feel better soon!! Sprain only, I hope?? No worries...take care of yourself!
    Jessica

Thanks @jessicakrall8 I think it is a sprain. Hoping...considering having a medical professional look at it.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - oof, yes please halt your workouts while you heal
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    How crazy is it that I'm thinking I really would love to be a Yoga instructor and fitness teacher? I used to teach and I love it, I love motivating people and hyping them and getting goals set. My main skill set is in art / design and technology. I have the degrees, the certifications, the resume - but gosh it's boring. I have been sick and unemployed for a good bit, was thinking about uh' starting over in fitness. Is that insane? I spent so long building a career - can I start over at 50? My husband does pretty good, but I can't get him to either eat better or work out so I'm not sure how effective I am at my fitness inspiration on others... anyway, thought I would float it here and see what kind of feed back I get. :D:+1: I would have a long way to go, I always think of fitness teachers as shredded and I never will be... but I look forward to fitness, and when I think about laying out designs, building my web site back up, talking to clients and putting together proposals - oh man, it's so dull.

Do it! :smile:
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @Sbus12 -- Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really want to teach in retirement centers, people with disabilities, pain, trouble with exercise or not knowing where to start - that sort of thing. I thought maybe I was too old to start something new, but maybe it's what I'm supposed to be doing. :+1:

I think this is a great idea. Makes me think of Health Psychology. And also years ago, I came across information on local programs for elderly people with Parkinson's and how the activity can help slow down the Parkinson's progression.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 5256 in stepd
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 congratulations on your weight loss & achieving your pre-pregnancy, weight!! You’ve done so awesome committing to working out! 👏👏
  • Sbus12
    Options
    Steps
    8/14 1,598
    8/15 4,141
    8/16 2,872

This discussion has been closed.