Accountable August!

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    @magic71755
    HAHA the water was so cold! I love that I happened to catch the photo at the perfect moment. :D
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    rgr0l6yj4pz7.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Wow! @JNettie73 Those are some great photos. I absolutely love the one of your daughter. I think you could enter that into a competition the way it captures the moment perfectly. The purple sand is cool. I didn't know sand came in purple! I had to google it, the internet says it is from large amounts of purple minerals in the sediment (might be manganese, rose quartz, some type of garnet).

Yikes, Nanc. Sorry that you are not feeling safe in your own home. Aside from putting up cameras and even a sign or two making sure they know there are cameras, I am not sure. I think I would get a door security bar like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Lock-Adjustable-Hinged-and-Sliding-Door-Security-Bar-Extends-25-5-to-43-5-in-270D/321728394 and look into how to secure your sliding doors if you have any. They have different bars and systems for those. Thieves are looking for something easy so make it look hard. I might get an air horn too! Just something to have beside you to make a big bunch of noise so the neighbors know something is going on.

Poor Radar is off for the day to have his surgery. I feel so bad for him. Two days of sedation in a row just sucks. And of course he is a cone-head for the next while.

For this winter, I am starting to look for a pet friendly furnished rental in Arizona. I don't know what area we should stay in, but I want something in a walkable town and close to a big park to walk the dogs. I'll have to look into it and see how expensive it would be. It isn't that easy to find a place suitable for 2 large dogs. (I am already starting to dread the winter blues.)

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I have decided to get ADT

THEY are coming out Monday
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, JNettie! What a cool place to visit.

Carla, thinking of poor Radar today. Is Ruby still limping?

Nanc, glad you are getting ADT. I never worried much with all the big dogs I had, but I have been thinking about a security system lately. I should quit procrastinating.

Actually got out of the office on time today. Finally got the garnet sweet potatoes that I bought last weekend into the oven as soon as I got home. Lunch tomorrow and Friday will be sweet potato with steamer bag veggies.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yes, waiting on update on Radar. <3

Thanks, Mihani...I went to Lowe's yesterday and got the chunky slider window locks with a butterfly screw thingy...slept better last night. If Lulu's hears the bad guys, or the AMAZON guy ... she barks her head off. I think it is going to be about $50 without cameras, but with smoke and fire detector. I have a small home. Two sliders and 4 windows.

My hours are going to change. I talk to my supervisor today. If I get a choice, I am choosing Tuesday-Friday 8am - 6pm. 4/10s That puts me back to 40 hours a week but time for a good Lulu Walk in the morning and dinner with her at night.

Weigh-in Wednesday No change

Weigh-in Wednesday Goal 135
    8/2 154.2
    8/9 152.8
    8/16 152.2
    8/23 152.2 on the nose

18/23 Treadmill

today's menu

coffee
    oats and stuff
    ezekiel sandwich with mustard, lettuce, FYH gouda
    pineapple and yogurt
    stir fry for dinner

Making life delicious.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    ohfzjg8wvasz.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' all... been a rough one at work this week. I'm going to the grocery on the way home tonight and finally make that lentil soup I've been talking about for 2 weeks. I just haven't felt like cooking, but it's more that I don't want to get started. If I just make myself get started I'll get in the zone.

I want to be much better prepped this week. I've been using store-bought hummus but I'll make a batch of that so no oil. But I'm not going to cook too much to the point I'm throwing out food. There has to be a happy medium. So I'll do smoothies or oats, lentil soup, and salads this week. I haven't made a batch of roasted mini peppers in a few weeks so I'll get some of those tonight, and probably roast some broccoli as well. I can just add the hummus and roasted veggies to salads. I need to cut back on ezekiel bread and pitas.

If I can get out of the office a little early and take care of it all tonight that will be great, but cooking may have to wait for tomorrow. I do have to be in the office tomorrow morning to meet with a client we couldn't get in earlier and we're under a deadline.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Mihani Good luck with the prep...it really is about that, isn't it. Me, too. Have the right stuff and use it...well, make time to use it...make it a priority. I am with you, girl.

today...just about like yesterday.

coffee
    oats and stuff
    ezekiel sandwich
    carrots and Bitchin sauce
    yogurt and pineapple
    left over tofu lettuce wrap
    apple and pb2...

making life deeeeeeeeeee licious.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Nanc, I'm happy you're getting a system and that you slept better. I hope you get the schedule you want at work! When is the last time you had weekends off?

Mihani, I hope you get your soup made this weekend and that next week goes more smoothly!

Radar is recovering at home now. He has a big patch of shaved fur along his tail and it makes it look so little and vulnerable. He isn't supposed to get excited or wave his tail around too much...pretty difficult to accomplish but they said to sedate him and keep him on a leash for 2 weeks. Poor guy has to wear a large unwieldy cone at night because if he is determined with the smaller cone on, he can get to his tail.

Ruby seems to be doing fine. She's stiff when she gets up but that is normal for her now.

Another smoky morning. It looks like fog out there. It is annoying but I am thankful that we are not close to any of the fires.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited August 2023
    Options
    q9yi90lc64p5.jpg

I don't post much here except for the motivational pictures but thought I would say I really enjoy reading how you all are doing.

I am struggling somewhat with getting the healthy portioned foods eaten - for some reason I have good days and then go off track. And that is not good when you are dealing with kidney failure. So much has to change re the food I take in and then add to the equation getting moving.

But I will get there even if it is slowly - just need to stay as positive as possible while fighting these health issues with healthy food.

• Mihani
    Options
    Marilyn, I can't remember but I think you were following the Dr. McDougall plan? With all your health issues it really must be tough to settle into a routine/plan that works for you.

Nanc, stopped at the grocery on the way home for a few things and will prep tomorrow when I get home from the office. When do your new hours start?

Aww, Carla. Poor Radar! I hope he heals quickly. I hate having to keep dogs sedated after surgery. Makes me sad. Hope the air clears up soon.

Plan for cooking and eating the first part of the week: oats or smoothie for breakfasts, lentil soup and fruit with a few nuts or a handful of seeds for lunch, salad with hummus, roasted broccoli and roasted mini peppers, grapes, tomatoes for dinner.

Oh, Nanc, I got a small watermelon. Hope it's a good one!

• magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Carla_wfpb ... I have been at the dealership 8 years...the last six working weekends. So this is pretty exciting. New schedule starts Tuesday. Tu - Fr 8am - 6pm Lulu is really excited! Long Lulu Walks, daily now.

Sending get-well, puppy love to Radar (poor little guy)...and puppy kisses to Ruby as well.

Lulu loved the Farmer's Dog dog food...and then just the other day, threw it all up. Tried it again, turned her nose up at it. Back to her regular Science Diet with crushed, Instinct toppers. I talked to Farmer's Dog...they are going to send a different recipe...she was eating Turkey, switching to Chicken. It could have been the batch...but laying off a few days before I try again. Obviously, my Lulu is not vegan.

today's plan is not that great...I am having tummy issues so going to keep it rice and applesauce and mild things. First time in four years, since going plant based, that my tummy is acting up. I had to leave work over an hour early yesterday...barely made it home. NO MORE DETAILS NECESSARY> :*

Hang in there Marilyn...it is hard to stick to healthy eating. For me, being a young 74, I think of it this way...I don't want to waste my remaining time on earth feeling crappy from eating food that I know is not good for me. It ruins a day...I don't have that many days left. I plan on making every day count. I don't want food wrecking any of those days.

Next Friday, I join the TGIF gang...so exciting. Making life deeeeeeeeeeelicious!

@Mihani I think I will pick up a watermelon this in the next couple days.

I do work today, my last Saturday, and then coffee with my sister and BIL tomorrow...then home and Monday off. And then...new schedule Tuesday.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Ka'chava! Who is drinking it and how do you like it?
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    7i5cfg25hgz3.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Your new hours sound perfect, Nanc! Hope your tummy is feeling better. Maybe there's a bug going around. You sound like you are bursting with energy despite it all though.

I finally got the lentil soup going. Yay me! I have been in a state of inertia when it comes to my personal life. I use it all up for work and have nothing left by the weekend, and then I'm usually working the weekends too. But I came home from the office today determined to get it done. Took me like all of 30 minutes to chop everything and get it in the pot. Need to keep that in mind for next time I am procrastinating.

Checking in while soup simmers then I'll cut up a cantaloupe I bought yesterday. I haven't cut into the watermelon yet. The cantaloupe smells really ripe so I want to use it up first. Also need to slice up a bunch of bananas and freeze for smoothies. I just like a few slices in smoothies otherwise that's all I taste is banana.

Thinking I'll wait until tomorrow to roast broccoli and mini peppers since I won't be eating them until then and they are only good for 3 maybe 4 days after cooking. I'm planning to work from home tomorrow so I can get laundry done and have some alone time.

I'm determined to stick to my plan this week. Cut out the junky stuff and get some exercise.
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Great job on the food prep @Mihani ...I am going to follow you on the bananas and smoothies.

Costco had the two pack blend jet on sale and I had been eyeing it...so that is what I would use at work.

So it would be oatmeal/easy lunch--Ezekiel sand or salad and then green smoothie for afternoon before heading home and then home for dinner.

today...Lulu goes for a groom and then over to my sister's for coffee.

coffee
    Just Egg frozen folded with jam
    tostadas
    stir fry with tofu
    apple with PB2

making life deeeeeeeeeeeelicious.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I believe I mentioned it before that I love love love cooking. When I first switched from vegetarian to WFPBNO I struggled a lot. Not only did I have to relearn how to cook I had the most difficult time fully giving up cheese. My husband is omni and my daughter is vegetarian. I don’t believe in restricting them because I made a choice to eat this way. The temptations were everywhere all the time. It took me 2 years to completely give up cheese. 🥴 Now that I am completely vegan I feel much better than when I was having cheese every now and again. I never in a million years ever imagined I would be here, yet here I am and loving it.

I am always experimenting with new foods and recipes. The other night I pulled out the wok and made peanut noodles with broccoli, onions and edamame. I could have put in more broccoli but considering this was my first try at this it came out really good. My husband and daughter loved them too!

What are some of your favorite meals to make?

5sb00yjdbt1e.jpeg
  • Mihani
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Cool idea for the blend jet, Nanc. Hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

JNettie, I'm a "throw it in the pot or pan and see what happens" kind of cook too. I used to enjoy cooking a lot more, but lately it's just another thing I have to get done. That's why I have to prep ahead of time.

This week I am going to be out of the office by 5:30 at the latest so I can get home to treadmill and eat my salad a decent amount of time before bed.

The cantaloupe isn't great but a little better after sitting in the fridge overnight. Soup turned out great.

Third load of laundry in the dryer and two more to go. Catching up on all the bedding and towels today. Heading up to my desk to get some work done now.

Forgot to post my plan:
    B - smoothie (baby spinach, chia/flax, frozen berries, frozen banana, plant protein powder, water)
    L - lentil soup, cantaloupe
    D - big ol' salad (lettuce, chickpeas, tomato, grapes, red onion, roasted broccoli and roasted mini-peppers, lemon tahini dressing)

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    92uci1k4vx9y.jpg