Hey all - looking for friends

Options
b4d4shley
b4d4shley Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
I am not new to MFP but I am fairly new to the community portion. I need people not in my immediate circle to kinda check in on me, and I can also do the same. I'm looking for some accountability. I do emotionally eat, bored eat, and eat to make the discomfort of being hungry, even though I know I have had enough, to go away.
I am 43 now, and I have been at this for most of my adult life and this is really getting old! I need a tribe!

Replies

• kacyhlowe
    kacyhlowe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like accountability buddies too! I'm definitely compulsive/impulsive when it comes to eating - guided by emotions, boredom, or my ADHD. I'm looking for a good balance between being super hard on myself (which always backfires) and "treating myself" all the time. Call it gentle accountability maybe? I've got 100lbs to lose and would like to do it in a slow, steady way so that it is more likely to stay off. I'm 39 and have also been battling this my whole life. I would love to be part of your tribe for some encouragement and reminders!
  • shultz9
    shultz9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight before knee replacement surgery in 7 weeks. I know I won't be able to lose all the weight I need to get off, but hoping to lose 15 pounds. Need to have good support and encouragement to keep me on track.
  • VRTC1960
    VRTC1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    (Jumping up and down) Me too, me too!!!

I'm 62 and have been fighting my weight since the summer I turned 13. A few years ago a bariatric doc tried to tell me it's not my fault, I have a metabolic syndrome, he was amazed I didn't weigh 2-3 times what I do. I don't completely accept it - Yes, I have metabolic syndrome and that makes it harder to control my weight - but I did the eating and didn't stay as active as I should, nobody forced me.

That said, I REALLY want to find some accountability/support buddies. My family tries, but none of them has a real weight issue so they just don't get it. I had my annual yesterday, and all the gains I made over the last three years disappeared in the last six months. My blood sugar and A1C are back up, I've gained back 15 lbs, my blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides are up again. Having supported two family members through heart attack recoveries in the past year, I know I'm in trouble!

It's stress-eating, I know it and I knew as I chewed the food but I could not make myself stop. On top of those heart attacks, My mom (who lives with me) was hospitalized for a week and that made me accept and face her advancing dementia and adjust to her increasing needs. I'm not alone and it's nothing others haven't handled, which makes me feel worse about struggling with it - so I have been eating that guilt too.

I just promised myself I will log my food and steps faithfully for the next 21 days, in hopes it will become a strong habit. I know if I make myself write it all down, I will do better just because I am acknowledging each good and bad action. Hoping you guys will help me stay accountable to that promise for the next three weeks!
  • msmichelle0620
    msmichelle0620 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Michelle and I’m 33 years old . I would love accountability buddies. I have a legitimate wrapping around my celiac artery veins which is extremely painful. I am qualified for surgery although I’d rather lose weight and then revisit my options.
  • Mofit40
    Mofit40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Fitness buddy available. Leave me a comment, a hello, whats happening or what your not in the mood for chewing on.
  • DianaMoonGoddess
    Options
    It's been a long, long time since I've been on here. I don't even know how/where to make friend requests! Do you have to be a premium member to have friends here now?? I'm 57, married with 2 kids in college, living at home. I need to lose 40 lbs and could use some support as I am an emotional eater. I love dark chocolate and alfredo sauce and had knee surgery 6 months ago and am ready to start going back to the gym. I had a yoga buddy but she's too busy now and I'm having a hard time motivating and could use some support buddies.
  • jellis1388
    jellis1388 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would LOVE to connect and be each others support. We have so much daily life stressors it can be hard and lonely following the “healthy” lifestyle. I will reach out to those who have already posted. Any others, Reach out to me and I will connect with you! :)
  • VallieGirl86
    VallieGirl86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Finding someone to help keep me accountable has been a struggle or just a to understand the concept of Stress eating. I have anxiety disorder and depress soo that does not help my situation on needed to loose 53lb for my health and to get off medications.
    So how do we connect with someone or a group to help us all be mindful of what we are doing and helping other to achieve their goals and mental support to not eat just because of a situation, stress, boredom, tired, sad...
    I am new to all MFP