Water intake

Options
Kitri2020
Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
What are some of your goals for water intake? I hear a gallon a day is the mark for athletic people, so im assuming abit under that is for the average joe.

But what is the attainable goal for water intake? A gallon a day seems impossible for me. I feel like im drinking water all the time and Im happy if i get 2/3 that goal.

Comment below:
1. Your average water intake over the last two-four weeks
2. Your water intake goal per day
3. Obstacles to your goal
3. Tips and tricks for drinking more

Best Answers

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't track it. If my urine isn't smelly or dark yellow, I'll assume I'm fine. The more you drink, the more thirsty you'll get, so 'force' yourself for a few days and then you're body will take over to make you drink more automatically.
  • AyameShimitsu
    AyameShimitsu Posts: 25 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Don't force yourself. It is possible to drink to much water. If you really aren't thirsty don't force it. If your urine is basically clear, you are drinking more than enough (maybe too much). Personally, a Gallon is usually too much for me on a normal day. If I'm running 8 miles or doing 2 one hour workouts, then I might approach a gallon or even more, but normally less than that I'm fairly well hydrated with very light urine. Everyone is different, so pay attention to what your body is saying.

Answers

• Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Antiopelle Thanks for the reply!
    Thats a great strategy, i guess going with your natural instinct rather than numbers is a better choice in this situation. Ill miss the stat goal…