Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,211 Member
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.

What is your favorite TV show?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started the Challenges in 2010. This is 57 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? travel to foreign country, RV travel, dance to live bands, listen to audiobooks, Happy Color app, play cards especially canasta, meet new people, read online news, explore new places, have dinner parties, watch 90 Day Fiance.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back on track with my diet and exercise. Lose 10 pounds and exercise daily.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Pet - affectionate and a little lazy.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. audiobook Survive the Night by Riley Sager

What are your favorite TV show? 90 Day Fiance, Virgin River, Lincoln Lawyer

2 fun things about you? I am always looking for my reading glasses and phone. Often the glasses are on top of my head and the phone is in my back pocket. Why don't I look there first? Since I had Covid I don't remember names very well, so it can be awkward and funny.

Anything else you would like to share? I was on a South American cruise in 2020, that became a Covid cruise. I am planning a trip to South America in 2024 to see the countries I missed in 2020.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,761 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 56 I took a break for the Fall of 2019 but soon came back. I just love this challenge and all of the members.

What do you like to do for fun? Yard Work!! (Never did it until last year), Who knew I would be mowing and lopping at 70 years old? I also love to read, play solitaire tri peaks online, and watch movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? The largest city near me is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5% and exercise consistently

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cats adore me. They know I hold the key to the food cabinet.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Packing up my Carnival Glass to pass to my Daughter-In-Law.

What is your favorite TV show? Right now Mom and I are watching season 1 of Heartland.

2 fun things about you? I died twice but here I still am. Does that count as 2?

Anything else you would like to share? I am looking forward to this challenge and wishing everyone God's Blessing as we travel together.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? since the start of the 2011 Winter 5% Challenge. I've not missed any. It was that following challenge I became the ML (Motivational Leader) for the Spirited Under Dawgs on Sparkpeople until August of 2021 when Sparks closed. Here we HAPPILY ARE NOW!!

What do you like to do for fun? Hanging around with friends, usually, we go out to eat, but not always. Talking on the phone (Family/Friends I have many). I love to make people laugh and I do easily even when I do not mean to. I play various games and paintings on my phone/computer. LOVE to read, but my FAVORITE OF ALL is holding one of these goobers at a time
    yj79iaaku3gm.png

What major city do you live in or near? State? Greater Portland Maine area (US)
    mhesz6eckusl.png

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain my weight, steps at 3000 a day

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friends, she's funny, yet supportive. My 2 cats "She is an animal abuser!!" LOL I don't allow free feeding of TREATS!!! LOLOL Izzy often calls the ASPCA she has a dedicated line for only her she calls that often. Usually, it has to do with Oscar being here. LOL!! Izzy is 12 1/2 Oscar is 1 year and 4 months old.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Yesterday we did a sunset cruise, I am the one who put it together. It was AWESOME!!! So much FUN!!
    os8jl1641xi9.jpg

What is your favorite TV show? LOL Judy Justice (many defends are so guilty and act like they are so right. I am not sure why this makes me laugh so hard, but it does!)

2 fun things about you? Sense of humor learned to cook during the pandangitall (LOL I had no choice!) which my friends LOVE so much!! My cooking SCARES my family (LOL AS IT SHOULD OF!) but, now they eat it dish by dish complimenting us!!!

Anything else you would like to share? HAPPY TO HAVE YOU ALL HERE!! Please DO NOT QUIT or slow down during the challenge. We run for 8 weeks, and you are worth all of the effort to yourself for all 8 weeks. I've lost 118 lbs!! TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,241 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Gosh, I really wish I would have counted ... but if Lynn (kaliswalker) has done 57, this would be approx. 53-54 for me. I love the Challenges; especially the friendships that I have made.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to act/sing ~ so whenever I get the opportunity to do so, I join local theatre groups and get involved. I especially like doing this type of thing with my DD.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in NJ ~ approx. mid state ... in the western part of the state: Hunterdon County. I'm very close to the PA border.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I made a bit of progress in the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge. The scale was either 'stuck' or moved in the 'wrong direction' for quite awhile but I think I'm back!! My overall goal is not all that crazy ~ to shed the extra (approx. 20-25 lbs. overall) and to be healthy and to be the best 'me' that I can be.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Raven, our dog - would say that she is my buddy. When I'm in the house, it is like we are attached at the hip. When I'm not home, she is happy being with my husband, but prefers to be with me as soon as she hears me driving up the road and/or walking in the door.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I used to crochet when I was younger. I hadn't picked up a crochet hook in Y-E-A-R-S, but came across my grandmothers crochet hook set. My father passed last August and in his memory ~ for his birthday month (March), I crocheted a blanket for my mother in the colors of the German flag. They both came to the US from Germany in the 50's and met here in one of the German Clubs. Since then, I've made a scarf (Christmas present) for my husband in the colors of the Italian Flag and this week I made a pet bed for my DD's cat (I gave it to her last night).
    jo9mpuwa2gid.png
    The 'lap blanket' that I gave my mother in memory of my father during his birthday month (March, 2023)
    5cko8bk6f0td.png
    This is the 2nd crochet project that I made this year ... the scarf for my husband which will be a Christmas Gift for him this year. . .
    8mdhggghs90o.png
    Above is the 3rd crochet project I tried: a pet bed that I made for DD's cat, Kyra.
    av1at6e1a5kx.png
    4742lgmw9wso.png
    Finally, the above a 2 pics of my DD's cat 'relaxing' in her new crocheted bed. . .

What is your favorite TV show? Right now, it has to be 'Outlander' on STARZ. I also do love watching HSN & QVC and the Food Network. Older TV shows that I still will catch every now & again: I Love Lucy, Mayberry RFD, M*A*S*H, stuff like that. I like a lot of the Star Trek series (all of the various versions, but the original is probably still my favorite). I enjoy some reality shows. Before things got too political, I would look forward to the award shows: Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, etc. My husband likes to watch old movies which I also enjoy (especially musicals!).

2 fun things about you? I'm a wife and mother. Besides my love of music/theatre, I volunteer near my home and I'm one of the founding members of our local Women's Club.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm REALLY looking forward to the 2023 Fall 5% Challenge and will be trying very hard to keep an eye on my goal(s) so that I can achieve them. I am one of the Overall Leaders of the 5% Challenges. You will see me as part of the Community Team and the Leader Team as well as one of the 'Extra Leaders' of the Red Hots Team. I've been involved with the Challenges for many years and was one of the leaders that was instrumental in bringing the Challenges from SparkPeople to MyFitnessPal when SparkPeople 'went dark'. If I can provide assistance in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me. Wishing ALL the best of luck for a WONDERFUL Fall 5% Challenge!!

Heidi (hicim705)

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges
    2023 Fall 5% Challenge ~ Co-Leader 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!

Co-Leader, In Between Leader Team for the 5% Challenge
    Co-Leader, In-Between Challenges (IBC) 🐦🔥Phoenix🔥🐦 Team
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? One

Knit, garden, read, boat
    Connecticut
    What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight, hoping for a pound a week

How would your pet or friend describe you? Motherly, quiet

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

What is your favorite TV show? That Im watching now - yellowstone. For all time Probably The Big Bang Theory

2 fun things about you?

I'm on a mission to complete 2,023 fitbit miles in 2,023. I'm currently at almost 1600 miles.

I have a 4 year old goldendoode, Monty, who is my walking partner.
    Anything else you would like to share
  • luv2dns2
    luv2dns2 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? ; Too many to count, but they have helped me reach my goals.

What do you like to do for fun?; I enjoy being with family, cooking, reading, decorating my home, gardening, dancing, exercising, swimming, and just walking.

What major city do you live in or near? State?; I live between Prince George, BC and Prince Rupert, BC. in Canada.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? ; I'd like to lose weight for my health and exercise my senior body to stay flexible and strong.

How would your pet or friend describe you?; Caring, fun.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can: A delicious breakfast that my husband made for us.

What is your favorite TV show? : "Shakespeare and Hathaway".

2 fun things about you? : I love fragrant roses. My gardening is hampered lately by frequent bear visits.

• lindapost1
    lindapost1 Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I started these challenges not long after SP started having Challenges. I am not sure if I ever missed any. Maybe one or two?
    Travel and garden
    Near Colorado Springs and Denver CO
    Eat as healthy as possible and get plenty of exercise
    Faithful and stubborn
    Since I have not finished this getting to know you questionnaire yet the last thing was breakfast
    When Calls The Heart on the Hallmark channel
    2 fun things about you?
    I don't act my age and I like to fish
    Let this be the beginning of a wonderful weight lose journey together. We are and always have been here for each other. God Bless each and everyone of you
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,273 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Read and learn about fitness, nutrition and myself

What major city do you live in or near? State? Girard, Kansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Final reach my 5% goal

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend hard working and dedicated to my journey and helping others

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Real AF Podcast CTI Trump Arrested, Vivek Ramaswamy Republican Debate and Wagoner Boss Jet Crash

What is your favorite TV show? Law & Order Francise and One Chicago shows

2 fun things about you? Since March 1st I've done 186 of 305 days of 1intentional mile

• steele127
    steele127 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is 4 or 5

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking. Love going to new areas and hike where I haven't in the past

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in AZ near Phoenix

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am working on increasing my endurance and strength. I would love to lose weight as well

How would your pet or friend describe you? Oh, I have no clue

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I can't really think of anything. But I also can't remember anything that I start and don't finish

What is your favorite TV show? Try to avoid TV

2 fun things about you? Been married for 25 years and try to follow healthy/holistic practices in health and food

Anything else you would like to share? Nothing else
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,165 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? - Started in the Spring of 2016 and have missed one so if my calculations are correct, I just finished #29

What do you like to do for fun? - read, computer games, sing and conduct a small choir that visits 2 retirement homes (Oct- May - we take the summer off), get together with friends/family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm live in a small city in Southcentral Ontario about an hour north of the Toronto outskirts.

740m5tny05bk.png

As you can see, we're on a lake and we have a nice walking trail down near the waterfront.

qhlnvibtwdz4.png

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I've never quite made it to goal so I'm working on those last few pounds, as well as keeping myself functionally fit as I age.

How would your pet or friend describe you? - no pets - but my friends I think would say that I'm organized, helpful and friendly.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I just finished my coffee! LOL! ☕ I've also finished a few books this summer.

What is your favorite TV show? Nothing current really but I do like home reno and enjoy watching old episodes of Flea Market Flip. Hubby and I enjoy watching older "retro" shows as well like Danny Thomas, Dick Van *kitten*, I Love Lucy- old 50s/60s comedies are so much funnier than anything current! I guess I'm showing my age!

2 fun things about you?
    I am a big CFL football fan and for the first time, my hubby and I have season's tickets to my favourite team, the Hamilton Tiger Cats (about 2 hours away) so we've gone to games all summer.sz55pxunpz14.png

dt3szdh3ekqg.png

We also have tickets to the Championship game, the Grey Cup which will be played in Hamilton in November.
    kk6zd51zjn8q.png
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    One - I just did the Summer 2023 challenge.

I like cycling, travel, spending time with my kids and grand kids.

I live near Kansas City on the Kansas side.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    I would like to lose some weight and keep working on better habits.

My cats would describe me as well trained.

I just finished the summer 2023 5% challenge - it was my first. I learned some great new habits and I'm looking forward to building on that.

Schitts Creek is my favorite of all time.

2 fun things about you?
    I laugh easily. I'm learning spanish on Duolingo.

• EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Hmmmm, maybe 10-12?

What do you like to do for fun? I love weight lifting, photography, baking and reading.

What major city do you live in or near? State? 45 miles west of Pittsburgh, PA in eastern Ohio.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I really would like to lose more weight, I've been stuck.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Quiet

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. 5% Summer Challenge

What is your favorite TV show? Not a fan of tv, but like the old Seinfeld reruns.

2 fun things about you? I'm a pretty happy person, very competitive.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm looking for support again :)
  • jeanrichter320
    jeanrichter320 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    A few dozen? Did several years' worth on SP and every one on MFP.

Gardening, playing music

I live on an island in San Francisco Bay in California

Try to lose some of the weight I've gained in the last year, build up exercise endurance

My cat thinks of me as that nice person who gives me treats but sometimes is mean and gives me medicine :smile:

The summer 5% challenge (pulled off a net loss in the last weigh-in!)

Annika (and many other PBS shows)

2 fun things about you?
    I'll be retiring after 39 years at the University of California next June, and plan to learn to play the lute

Our household is still being very COVID cautious, which is challenging in many ways
  • anyvar21
    anyvar21 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count. I was on the other site before it folded.

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with my grandchildren (4 in one family and 1 in another), play sudoku and work puzzles on my Ipad,

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dallas, TX

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Continue working with a physical trainer at my gym, workout at gym at least 5 days a week, decrease sugary foods (break the cravings), continue meal planning with my awesome husband,

How would your pet or friend describe you? Outgoing, likes to talk and say encouraging comments to others, nosy, interesting to talk to.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Word Search puzzle in book I bought at Half Price Books.

What is your favorite TV show? Monk and Jeopardy

2 fun things about you? I grew up in New England, fell in love with a young man from St Louis, and he moved me to Texas where I have lived for forty five years.

Anything else you would like to share? I became a Christian in college and am now an active member of my local church, attend church regularly on Sunday mornings and attend two weekly Bible Studies. I enjoy fish, most vegetables, blueberries. My husband does most of the cooking but we are creatures of habit and our menus are easy because we rotate our foods. The instant pot is a well used cooking device in our kitchen.
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since SP in 2011 about 50+ including MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with family/friends, relaxing by the pool, travel, babysitting my granddaughter

What major city do you live in or near? State?Central Florida ~ north of Orlando~ Deland

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain my goal weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, good listener, available

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.Summer 5% challenge

What was your favorite TV show? I love all the old classics and now love cooking shows

2 fun things about you? I retired from teaching last years and just became a grandmother. I have been in Delaware taking care of my grandbaby but will be returning home next Saturday.

Anything else you would like to share? Oldest of 7 and I have lived in 7+ states

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,569 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Been a part of 5% challenge since 2014

What do you like to do for fun? Read, go to lunch with friends, play computer games, listen to music. Be social butterfly

What major city do you live in or near? State? Right now Lindale, East Texas, hoping to move to Amarillo Northern Texas panhandle, if house sells.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Exercise more, lose weight of course. Get organized

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, trustworthy a good friend

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Jet Set solitaire on Pogo.com (won 40 games in 18 days)

What is your favorite TV show? Law & Order, NCIS, Chicago PD, Below Deck, Bobby Flay shows, some old TV shows.

2 fun things about you? I like people and being around people. Like to play board and card games

Anything else you would like to share? I enjoyed teaching Bible studies, being part of the Red Hat society and having family reunions.
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? At least 20 but I've not kept count.

What do you like to do for fun? Take my dog Daisy for walks and take classes at my gym. I also love to read and have read 56 books so far this year.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in a northwestern suburb of Minneapolis, MN.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? It seems I am still recovering from my 5 surgeries in 2022 - primarily the spinal fusion surgery. My goal is to build up my strength so I can do the things I was able to do before.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Best Doggie mom ever.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Getting all the weeds out of my garden plots so I can plant next summer. I've been unable to weed them for the last 2 years so it was quite a project.

What is your favorite TV show? Daytime - General Hospital. Nighttime - Blue Bloods and the NCIS shows.

2 fun things about you? I have 3 daughters, twin sons, and a step son - all grown - with 8 grandchildren. I was a professional dancer in my younger days.

Anything else you would like to share? I am focused on getting my body strength back to it's before surgery level. It's been a very long journey but doing these challenges reminds me to move!