8/30-7196
    8/31-7862
    9/1-8597
    9/2-3284
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan, back in the step challenge for September. Could you please put my target at 5000 a day to start.
  • Slimmersixties
    edited September 2023
    Options
    KNEE PAIN
    I've read in the introductions that quite a few of you suffer with knee pain.
    In May 2021, i weighed 276lb and couldn't walk more than about 25 yards or swim due to pain in both knees.
    I was 58 at the time and decided i had to make a choice .... just give up, sit in the chair and resign myself to old age or do something about it. I'm not big on doctors (I've been 3 times in my adult life!) so decided step one was to lose weight and if that didn't work it would have to be a doctors visit!
    I joined this group and with their support, changed my diet and started losing.
    To cut a long story short, I'm now 60 weight 80lb less, can walk for miles (no rough ground!), swim like a fish and never had to visit the doctor!
    I know the weight loss isn't a cure for everything but it's got to help! 🙂🙂
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

This Sunday there are 15 weeks to Christmas

Ìm running a mini challenge for the Downsizers:)
    If you d like to join in all you need to do is let me know how much you are aiming to weigh on 24th December
    I'll put together a chart, keep it updated and post regular updates so we can see how we are all doing
    Lis
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Thank you for that inspirational story of how losing weight gave you back your mobility and took away your knee pain! I have only been at this about one week now in my restart, but this time my focus isn't about being thinner, it is about being able to go for those long walks that I so enjoy. In October, my husband and I are probably going to go to Switzerland to visit our son. What does one do when one goes to Europe for a vacation? They walk everywhere!! I may end up sending my son and husband out on their own as I wait back in the hotel. This makes me more than just a little sad.

MINI CHALLENGE

Please put me down for 185 by December 24th. Possible a little lofty (especially with an excursion to Switzerland in there), but you know what they say....aim high! (Or in this case, low!!)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Hope you are feeling better today (hugs)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties Thank you for that inspirational story of how losing weight gave you back your mobility and took away your knee pain! I have only been at this about one week now in my restart, but this time my focus isn't about being thinner, it is about being able to go for those long walks that I so enjoy. In October, my husband and I are probably going to go to Switzerland to visit our son. What does one do when one goes to Europe for a vacation? They walk everywhere!! I may end up sending my son and husband out on their own as I wait back in the hotel. This makes me more than just a little sad.

MINI CHALLENGE

Please put me down for 185 by December 24th. Possible a little lofty (especially with an excursion to Switzerland in there), but you know what they say....aim high! (Or in this case, low!!)

What an exciting trip for you. You can lose the weight one pound at a time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

If you d like to join in all you need to do is let me know how much you are aiming to weigh on 24th December
    I'll put together a chart, keep it updated and post regular updates so we can see how we are all doing
    Lis

I would like to join this challenge. I would like to lose 10 pounds by then. That would put me pretty darn close to 100 pounds lost. My weight loss has slowed down drastically but this mini challenge will help me tighten up my diet and get it moving again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi y'all! I couldn't find where I was meant to post for a minute! haha.

I am super excited to be part of this challenge... my weight has been getting to me for YEARS but especially lately... I start a program with the hospital next month to hopefully help it (Just a CBT course with some food menu help) and I wanted to get a start on it- so that's what September is dedicated to!

I have been eating my face off for the last 5 months especially and it's resulted in a significant gain... also my body just feels like it is shutting down- my knees are constantly in pain, my feet, back, and neck too. I also saw a video of myself yesterday and I didn't realise how obvious my weight gain has manifested. I feel so powerless.

Saying that, my first week has been a drastic loss- pretty normal for me for the first week or 2. I have to stick to the plan and just do the best I can and see how it goes.

Heretochange88
    Weigh in day- Monday
    Previous Weight- 388.8lb
    Current weight-379.8lb

-9lb!

This week I am going to focus on NO MINDLESS SNACKING!! I am going to try and stick to 3 meals and a couple of planned snacks as needed. I wasn't very good at planning today and I don't have lunch to take to work with me, oops! I can't go to the store either because it's a holiday....so I'm going to have to order a sandwich or something from the restaurant next door. That's ok though, better than snacking on other things!

I am so excited to be in this group. I struggle with my size and it's more the physical limitations that i now have- basic things like hygiene can be a whole workout all in itself.

I am going on vacation in January/February- visiting family in Utah- and I want to shed as much as I can by then because I have to purchase some things for church at that time...and I don't want to be buying 4 or 5xl stuff... maybe a 2-3xl would be nice then!

I'm excited to get to know y'all! Thanks for having me!

This is an amazing loss! You are starting the challenge off with a bang.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw:241.6
    Cw:241

Thanks!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

MINI CHALLENGE

I've added you to the challenge.
    You might be unable to walk much in October .... but by next October things could be very different!
  • alexhomeandcoffee
    Options
    @Slimmersixties
    Thank you for this challenge!

I’m currently at 205

By Christmas, I would love to be at 190lbs.
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Slimmersixties

Thank you!! Please put me down for this mini challenge.

I'm currently at 311 lbs

By December 24th (15 week x 3 lbs a week) I'd really like to be at (266 lbs)

It never hurts to dream and hope for a wonderful Christmas 🎁 to myself. Especially since, I've been really good this year too. 😸🤣
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):245.4
    CW (Current Weight):245

Step count
    8/27 - 2,509
    8/28 - 14,324
    8/29 - 13,758
    8/30 - 15,393
    8/31 - 14,922
    9/01 - 14,958
    9/02 - 3,492
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

9/3 10,421
    9/4 17,198
    9/5
    9/6
    9/7
    9/8
    9/9
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 748 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Minor: night evaluation good
    Major: Meal Planning. Blew it!
    I will post steps tomorrow. Off to bed.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

Lis

Hey my friend! Looking for 475 by Christmas! Thank you for doing this 💜
This discussion has been closed.