ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Have a blast @lauren_989
    I did that similar cruise about 10 years ago!! Such a great time
    Enjoy the sights
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @CarolAnnM2 Fabulous weigh-in! You are in a new decade :smiley: I know there have been ups and downs along the way, but you are doing great.

@ashleycarole86 Even though you are in one of those up times, don't forget how much progress you have made from the beginning - you weigh 83.2 pounds less than you did. Sure, you were lower a while back and some has come back, but you are doing the most important work. Staying with it. Keeping the exercise going. Knowing that the food element needs work. Preventing serious damage. You'll get back to the track - keep tweaking what you can. Hugs to you!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My name is Chelsey, I am 34 years old, and I am married to a wonderful husband and we have a dog together (Cooper, he is a beagle mix and he’s now 7 years old). We live in New England where autumn is the absolute best. I’m biased, but I do think we have some of the best foliage ☺️to be seen. I am already thrilled by all the pumpkin and apple flavored things, and I can’t wait for crisp mornings and nights, warm tea, apple picking, pumpkin carving, hay rides, corn mazes, and flannel all the time.

I have already pre-planned my workout days for this week which is good because my family and in-laws are visiting this weekend to do some of the fun things happening in our area. Hope everyone has a good week!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar .. that's absolutely a valid point and something I need to remain focused on. Keeping 80+ pounds off for this long is a feat in itself. And I definitely have many good new habits that help me do that.

Air quality is so bad here! Lungs are hurting and it definitely impacted the quality of workouts the last couple days as we were at the trailer and non-outdoor options were limited.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead. We hit the road Thursday right after weigh-in!
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone had a fabulous day! I had the best trail ride with Jasper this morning - he is getting so confident and we had both really strong canter and nice quiet ground-covering walk and trot. He is muscling up nicely so the hills and carrying a rider for longer periods of time are getting better and better. Then I had a pretty quiet day, but got good exercise in and really kept the eating on a good track. A perfect day :smiley: One to keep in the back pocket when I need a reminder.

Speaking of reminders! It's that time of day again. Due through Tuesday:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @adrimango
    @MaddawgMadsen

Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PW: 183.6
    CW: 180.4 ??? :o:)

So, I started the 75 hard. Had a couple days of I'm over this when I hurt my ankle. But, realized I could still do it with a sore ankle as long as I modified my workouts. So, after a couple down days, I decided to pick it back up on Friday. I'm on day 5 and it's getting easier.

I know we are through August, but I wasn't able to get online until today. So here are my step counts and exercise even though they don't count towards September.

Sunday, 8/27: 5,362 steps - walking through airports after completing Hood to Coast
    Monday, 8/28: 6,438 steps, league bowling
    Tuesday, 8/29: 6,206 steps, 1 hour CrossFit
    Wednesday, 8/30: 6,258 steps, league bowling
    Thursday, 8/31: 4,671 steps
    Friday, 9/1: 5,068 steps, 48 minutes spin, 1 hour CrossFit
    Saturday, 9/2: 8,508 steps, 50 minutes spin, 2.2 mile walk

My name is Jolene. I am 38 years old and I live in SW Colorado with my husband and two dogs - a 50 lb rescue named Mia and a 100+ lb chocolate lab named Loki. Most days I call them Chaos and More Chaos. It is starting to feel a bit like fall. It was in the mid 40s when I went to CrossFit this morning! A couple months ago I hit my all-time high weight around 190lbs (I am only 5'3"). I could feel it in my joints, the lack of energy, hard breathing at the top of stairs, and I really didn't like what I saw in pictures or the mirror. So, I committed to myself by getting on MFP and joining this group. It really has been a life changer!

My goals are: weight - 135ish, steps - average of 6,000/day, workouts - 4+/week. For the last 5 days and the next 70, my goal is to commit to myself enough to stick with the 75 hard. I am doing the 75 hard with a coworker. Luckily, we have the same work conflicts at the same time, so we have already agreed that we can pause for a few days while out of town on a work trip. Normally, with the 75 hard if you miss a day, you have to start over. We are disregarding this rule for the work event.

@IDebraK - I am a little over 5’3” all of the “calculators” say I should be 115-120lbs. This is not realistic for me. My goal is somewhere between 130-140. Like you, I need a weight range. When I drop much below that 130, I look ill. People tend to ask me if I am eating. I know that is not what is good for me. So, kudos to you realizing the “calculators” aren’t always right and picking the correct goal for you.

@wishfuljune - I have never experienced fall in New England, but I imagine it is similar to fall in the southern part of the Rocky Mountains. The Aspen trees are gorgeous! So lucky that you get to experience that beauty in New England as well! Also, yes, yes, yes to all the amazing autumn things you mentioned. It is my favorite season by far.

Lastly, for the new people - welcome! You joined an awesome group! It definitely will help you with your goals.
  • jugar
    Options
    PW: 183.6
    CW: 180.4 ??? :o:)

So, I started the 75 hard. Had a couple days of I'm over this when I hurt my ankle. But, realized I could still do it with a sore ankle as long as I modified my workouts. So, after a couple down days, I decided to pick it back up on Friday. I'm on day 5 and it's getting easier.

I know we are through August, but I wasn't able to get online until today. So here are my step counts and exercise even though they don't count towards September.

Sunday, 8/27: 5,362 steps - walking through airports after completing Hood to Coast
    Monday, 8/28: 6,438 steps, league bowling
    Tuesday, 8/29: 6,206 steps, 1 hour CrossFit
    Wednesday, 8/30: 6,258 steps, league bowling
    Thursday, 8/31: 4,671 steps
    Friday, 9/1: 5,068 steps, 48 minutes spin, 1 hour CrossFit
    Saturday, 9/2: 8,508 steps, 50 minutes spin, 2.2 mile walk

My name is Jolene. I am 38 years old and I live in SW Colorado with my husband and two dogs - a 50 lb rescue named Mia and a 100+ lb chocolate lab named Loki. Most days I call them Chaos and More Chaos. It is starting to feel a bit like fall. It was in the mid 40s when I went to CrossFit this morning! A couple months ago I hit my all-time high weight around 190lbs (I am only 5'3"). I could feel it in my joints, the lack of energy, hard breathing at the top of stairs, and I really didn't like what I saw in pictures or the mirror. So, I committed to myself by getting on MFP and joining this group. It really has been a life changer!

My goals are: weight - 135ish, steps - average of 6,000/day, workouts - 4+/week. For the last 5 days and the next 70, my goal is to commit to myself enough to stick with the 75 hard. I am doing the 75 hard with a coworker. Luckily, we have the same work conflicts at the same time, so we have already agreed that we can pause for a few days while out of town on a work trip. Normally, with the 75 hard if you miss a day, you have to start over. We are disregarding this rule for the work event.

@IDebraK - I am a little over 5’3” all of the “calculators” say I should be 115-120lbs. This is not realistic for me. My goal is somewhere between 130-140. Like you, I need a weight range. When I drop much below that 130, I look ill. People tend to ask me if I am eating. I know that is not what is good for me. So, kudos to you realizing the “calculators” aren’t always right and picking the correct goal for you.
    @wishfuljune - I have never experienced fall in New England, but I imagine it is similar to fall in the southern part of the Rocky Mountains. The Aspen trees are gorgeous! So lucky that you get to experience that beauty in New England as well! Also, yes, yes, yes to all the amazing autumn things you mentioned. It is my favorite season by far.

Lastly, for the new people - welcome! You joined an awesome group! It definitely will help you with your goals.
    Among all the other wonderful things in your post, there is this. All the calculators are full of BS! I am only 5'1" and when I get below 114, things get seriously weird. I feel horrible. The calculators say I should not weigh even that much. I have been between 115-120 for almost 11 years, and it is a good place. What it really means is that we have more muscle mass than those danged calculators think we should, and that we can feel amazing at a non-scrawny weight. If it is true for us shorties, it is true for everyone. Don't let the "supposed to weigh" number make you feel wrong if you hit a weight that works for you. Be strong, not skinny. Fit your own skin, not someone else's.

OK - rant done. Well, not really. I second the YAY to autumn - it is so gorgeous. But we have to get through this heat wave! What the heck? I just drove down from Québec to Massachusetts, and I about roasted in my old car with no air conditioning. I like old school windows open, but today was not feeling too good. And I didn't get much exercise. AND I had a terrible lunch that had no vegetables, but it was all they had and I could not stop again. This all = me grumpy. Luckily, arriving in time to spend a couple of hours with my 96 year-old dad cheered me up. He was so happy to see me and he remembered that I was the daughter that lives in Canada. And that my horse had stepped on my foot and broken my toe just before the last time I visited. He was remembering all kinds of little odd things today, so it was good to be there for that. I'll get back to the exercise and good eating tomorrow.

So glad you survived the tubing adventure @Gidgitgoescrzy ! Holy moly. That sounds both amazing and seriously scary. Hugs to you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick reminder for weigh-ins! Through Wednesday:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @adrimango
    @Gidgitgoescrzy (if you can still move enough to step onto the scale!)
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options

I can only imagine what the Rocky Mountains must look like; I am sure it is beautiful. 😊

Happy Wednesday morning all! Today’s plan is to complete a strength workout and do some more cleaning around the house - I’m thinking continuing with the bathroom. I finally ordered us a bathroom storage cabinet that should be arriving soon so that we can move more of our bathroom things into the actual bathroom and not in boxes in a spare bedroom. 😂

I also have my dog going to daycare today, and when he goes, I usually don’t take him for a walk because he runs around there. It does make it more difficult for me to reach my step goal, so I’m thinking about going for a walk today, preferably this morning or after work when it’s a little bit cooler out. Summer is not over yet with this heatwave!

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    PW 174
    CW 176

Like I said roller coaster !
  • jugar
    Options
    Heat wave! I had a good sweaty walk but am glad to be back inside post-shower. Where's that autumn weather from last week? Bring it back!

Great to hear your near-birthday commitments @EvMakesChanges ! It is indeed mysterious how we know so well what to do, and then still walk on by as if it isn't there. But you are right that hanging out here, working those NO muscles, and eating the veggies will help make those mysteries dissipate - at least some of the time! Can't wait to see you Friday!
  • jugar
    Options
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 98.2
    CW: 97.7
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PW 177.1
    CW 177.4

A hot humid stinker of a day, just as well heading back in to the office after vacation days. Prepping a cucumber salad just now and planning for a good eating day and saying 'no' to the usual things I'd give in to.
    @jugar you might need to find an airconditioned mall to walk in ;) Glad you're having a good visit with your dad.
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I've never been tubing but have always imagined it super relaxing but your experience (!) - very very scary - glad you're both safe.
This discussion has been closed.