Replies

• aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 319

This hot humid weather has helped me remember to drink more water. I've also been moving a bit more.

@Slimmersixties
    I would like to join your mini-challenge. I want to gift myself a one way trip to the 200s for Christmas. B) So, please put me down for 299. Hopefully, I will be further in, but this is realistic for now.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your mini-challenge. I want to gift myself a one way trip to the 200s for Christmas. B) So, please put me down for 299. Hopefully, I will be further in, but this is realistic for now.

@aneedlecraft I think you can do it!!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 506
    CW - 502.6

Gonna bust my butt to get into the 400s next week.. fingers crossed! Much love yall <3

Fantastic loss! The 400’s is within your grasp.
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Got into the cheesy carbs last night. Had a lot of calories left on the table and I didn't approach it correctly. I went overboard, way overboard! The scales are up a pound and a half this morning. Drinking my water as we speak and already went for a walk. A longer walk than I had planned, but all is good. My knee seems to be handling it (still "feeling" my knee) but the rest of my legs are barking at me because of the sedentary lifestyle the last three months. Building up endurance is the only way to stop the barking.

I find personally, if I leave too many calories at the end of the day it leads to either overeating or a binge. The carb bloat is a terrible feeling. I might be up a pound or two but it feels like 20. Great job on the walking. Fingers crossed that your knee holds up.
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 232.4
    CW 232.2

Nice loss!
    whitfcan wrote: »
    Username: whitfcan
    PW: 157.2
    CW: 157.0

Not an extreme change but boy an I happy about this! 😃
    Camping outdoors for 3 days straight, I had no concept of conscious eating!? Looking forward to getting back on track 😉

@lindamtuck2018

This is amazing. I know when I am outdoors it increases my appetite. Maybe you were more active.
    Slimmer sixties
    Weigh day Friday

Pw: 194lb
    Cw 192lb

Loss 2lb
    Ltd 84lb

Congrats on the loss. You are on your way to that 100 pound loss.
    Hello, I joined for August and made a very good start to my Weightloss. I may join again in future however can you take me off for the September challenge and I will contact you again when I want to rejoin. I am currently doing three peoples jobs and therefore not having the time to join in the conversations here, just doing the weighing in bit which doesn’t help me and feels a bit flat - totally my own fault.

I know I need to make this a bigger priority, but it’s just not feasible at the moment, hopefully next month things will have calmed down a bit and I’ll have some time for me and can join in again

Good luck everybody, and have a great weekend.

I am sorry to see you go. I will move you to support and you can let me know if October is good for you closer to the end of the month.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in

This hot humid weather has helped me remember to drink more water. I've also been moving a bit more.

@Slimmersixties

Great loss! You can do it. If my math is right, it works out to 1.33 pounds a week which is very doable.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Please share some NSV’s(non scale victories)

n7l7ow926wzf.jpeg

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 10,065
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 1/2

Today I am doing some mini walks.

My NSV

Some of my new tops are starting to get too big. I had to put a few away to donate.

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Sep 8, 2023)
    PW: 241.4
    CW: 239.3

Down … up ... down … up … down … down. Does anyone else feel like they're on a roller coaster or an elevator? At the end of the day, I'm (barely) back in the 230's again so I guess it's good to end on a positive note. I just had my annual physical yesterday and am awaiting the bloodwork results to see how I'm doing 'under the hood' so to speak but I've had good numbers on most of the measures (other than weight and BMI but I'm still working on that obviously).

We're leaving in a few hours for Columbus, OH but are picking up our other daughter in Indianapolis and we'll have our lone high-schooler in tow, so we'll have the whole family (plus our new son in law) with us for the weekend. Susan and I both know we won't have too many times where we'll have everyone together so we're looking forward to spending time with them. I'm bringing extra clothes to work out in the hotel to offset the complementary (but not always healthy) breakfasts.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Weigh day Friday

Pw: 194lb
    Cw 192lb

Loss 2lb
    Ltd 84lb

Heck yeah!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    Way to go!!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,798 Member
    Options

n7l7ow926wzf.jpeg

Helped my youngest son and his family move and was carrying a heavy bin that was their canned goods. I walk into the kitchen with it and DIL 's father says let me take that. I warn him that it's heavy but he insisted. I gave it to him and he immediately goes to the floor with it and asks how in the heck did I carry that... I lift heavy crap everyday. Made feel like a bada$$.
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    MFP User Name - Learningmoments
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 186.0
    CW: 187.6
    I don't understand how on Friday was 186.0, Saturday 187.6, Monday 185.0, and now Friday 187.6. That is quite a yoyo. Thanks for any help.

Commitment for Week - 60,000 steps
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: Steps

Saturday -10299
    Sunday -10328
    Monday -10532
    Tuesday -11601
    Wednesday -10581
    Thursday -12,798
    Friday -10,000+

Total Steps: 76,345

Commitment for Week for floors - 100 floors
    Saturday - Floors: 18
    Sunday - Floors: 16
    Monday - Floors: 22
    Tuesday - Floors: 15
    Wednesday - Floors: 15
    Thursday - Floors: 19
    Friday - Floors: 16
    Total floors: 121
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 506
    CW - 502.6

Gonna bust my butt to get into the 400s next week.. fingers crossed! Much love yall <3

@NachDeezy Go get it, Nach!!!!! :):):)
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 217.1
    CW: 214.7

Kind of surprised as it's been a tough week. My sister passed on Monday evening. I'm just taking it day by day...

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

9/3 10,421
    9/4 17,198
    9/5 3,264
    9/6 4,539
    9/7 10,048
    9/8
    9/9

Sending big hugs over to you my friend. Please reach out if you need anything.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Sep 8, 2023)
    PW: 241.4
    CW: 239.3

Down … up ... down … up … down … down. Does anyone else feel like they're on a roller coaster or an elevator? At the end of the day, I'm (barely) back in the 230's again so I guess it's good to end on a positive note. I just had my annual physical yesterday and am awaiting the bloodwork results to see how I'm doing 'under the hood' so to speak but I've had good numbers on most of the measures (other than weight and BMI but I'm still working on that obviously).

We're leaving in a few hours for Columbus, OH but are picking up our other daughter in Indianapolis and we'll have our lone high-schooler in tow, so we'll have the whole family (plus our new son in law) with us for the weekend. Susan and I both know we won't have too many times where we'll have everyone together so we're looking forward to spending time with them. I'm bringing extra clothes to work out in the hotel to offset the complementary (but not always healthy) breakfasts.

That roller coaster is something I am very familiar with. Right now it’s more like going up in the elevator but not coming down. Enjoy your weekend.
    tahm42 wrote: »

n7l7ow926wzf.jpeg

Helped my youngest son and his family move and was carrying a heavy bin that was their canned goods. I walk into the kitchen with it and DIL 's father says let me take that. I warn him that it's heavy but he insisted. I gave it to him and he immediately goes to the floor with it and asks how in the heck did I carry that... I lift heavy crap everyday. Made feel like a bada$$.

That is a great NSV. You are a bada$$.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 217.1
    CW: 214.7

Kind of surprised as it's been a tough week. My sister passed on Monday evening. I'm just taking it day by

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    Friday weigh-in
    I don't understand how on Friday was 186.0, Saturday 187.6, Monday 185.0, and now Friday 187.6. That is quite a yoyo. Thanks for any help.

The scales are very frustrating. So many factors affect them. Do you weigh and measure your food? It can be a real eye opener when you do. Reading labels is so important also. Make sure you have those serving sizes correct. Other things such as a high sodium meal to even a sunburn can cause an increase on the scale. I had a high sodium meal on Sunday and I was up almost 4 pounds the next day. 😳

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,562
    Swim: 3/3
    Mini Walk: 2/2

PW 172.2
    CW 173.6

Ok, I have gained two weeks in a row. There are several culprits with the biggest being my sleep. This has been going on for a few weeks. Poor sleep leads to nighttime eating for me. I have been over calories for quite a bit as a result. I am also going through a medication change which is not helping the sleep.
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 720 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Friday weigh-in

The scales are very frustrating. So many factors affect them. Do you weigh and measure your food? It can be a real eye opener when you do. Reading labels is so important also. Make sure you have those serving sizes correct. Other things such as a high sodium meal to even a sunburn can cause an increase on the scale. I had a high sodium meal on Sunday and I was up almost 4 pounds the next day. 😳

Thank you so much for your response. I have been eyeballing my food. I will go back to measuring. I also thought it might be sleep-connected or heavier after intense physical activity. I am going to try graphing some of these things, especially the high-sodium meals. That could be the culprit. I appreciate your help.
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 309.8
    CW: 306
This discussion has been closed.