WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The new group challenge for Sep Week 2 is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, 9/10/23. Hope you'll join us for Back to Basics! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10899123/sep-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Have a great week!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    OK gang - let's finish up this week! Last call for weigh-ins:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @adrimango
    @Pearl4686
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe

Is there anything you'd like to challenge the team to do together during week 2? Ideas welcome!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    CW (Friday - sorry I keep posting late)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

x8k3ayqe29co.png
    k1pmst7t7nne.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    km3909cw8ucv.png

By Pounds
    9jiy87n3nlzs.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    3l25grwupgcg.png
    lgf9v5y5lkgg.png

By Pounds
    x0zvl5twigvh.png

Team Winners
    8nyjsuofpkm0.png
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways!
    Thank you Liselyn for not dropping me from the team.

I've had a few bad weeks lately at home.
    My husband and I are together 20 years this October, but 2 weeks ago we've had a massive argument.
    A lot of words have been said. We both were honest and maybe hurt each other a bit. Most of things he told me were true: I work too much and he didn't think I wanted to be home with him, I drunk too much alcohol - true. It was funny in the way because he never complained to me about working too much so I just thought he doesn't want me at home anymore :disappointed:
    The next day it was start of his holiday. He asked if I wanted to go out for the day with him, just the 2 of us in our motorhome - we did and it was best thing! We talked and since then it feels like we are dating again :smiley: I quit one of my jobs so I do have time at home. I still have some of my debts to pay off but I'm going to do it slower :smile:

Next couple of weeks will be really hard for me. On the 20th of September we are taking my eldest son to move to his university halls in Cardiff, Wales, UK. My heart is breaking every time I think about it :disappointed: I'll deal with it when it comes x

@jugar can I please come back on the Team :blush:
    I think I left end of August at 231lbs
    Todays, Monday weigh in was 226.8lbs.
    Can Monday be still my weigh day, please :blush:

Thank you for reading Waistaways and have a lovely Monday everyone :heart:
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Steps & Exercise:
    Sunday, 9/3 - 6,464 steps, home HIIT workout 47 minutes, 1.4 mile walk
    Monday, 9/4 - 4,230 steps, spin 1 hour, yard work 45 minutes
    Tuesday, 9/5 - 6,532 steps, CrossFit 1 hour, 2.2 mile walk
    Wednesday, 9/6 - 1,958 steps, spin 45 minutes
    Thursday, 9/7 - 1,363 steps
    Friday, 9/8 - 3,697 steps
    Saturday, 9/9 - 5,667 steps, packing & helping neighbor move 2.5 hours

Tuesday I woke up and felt okay. I was even able to push myself at CrossFit with my weights. Later in the day, I started developing a sore throat. I honestly thought it was allergies because I forgot some of my allergy medication and it has happened before. Wednesday, I woke up with the same sore throat and felt a little off, but not terrible, so I went to spin class. I was getting ready for work after spin class but I was slow and sluggish. My throat still hurt, I was developing some serious sinus pressure, started sneezing a lot, and needed to blow my nose A LOT. I did make it to work only to leave two hours later. Some nasty cold/flu bug hit me hard! I was out the rest of the week from work, spin class, CrossFit, and bowling.

I didn't have a COVID test at home, nor the energy to go to the clinic to be tested, so it could have been that. Almost one week later and today is the first day I have not had to use any cough syrup, but I am still coughing occasionally. I am back at work, but I know it is going to be a long day.

All of that to explain why my steps and activity took a nose dive.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PW - 169.8
    CW - 167.8

I love this time of year - the weather is amazing and there is so many yummy produce coming up from the garden. I made salsa this weekend with onions and tomato's from the garden - you just can't compare store bought to homemade.

I had a great weekend, we had an outdoor art festival in a nearby park that was so much fun on Saturday and Sunday my daughter and her friend had an opportunity to work with some horses and had a blast. The place we went focuses on teaching kids about working with horses but also how these skill also work in life. You need to treat a horse just like you would treat person. You need leadership, communication and be team work.
    Wow they are big animals @jugar I can't imagine all the work you do with Jasper. They are amazing creatures. She had a blast and will be returning.

Have a great week friends.
This discussion has been closed.