WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    CW: 158.8
    PW: 158.8

@jugar this is essentially two weeks' of weigh-ins in one. Last week was wild! So sorry.

I have fallen put of my good habits over the last 3 weeks. School started, I started working with a new client (I have my own consulting business), and my volunteer commitments have been heavy. Whew!

I am getting myself back on track by: posting here!, planning my meals for the week, and grocery shopping to make sure I have what I need for those meals, and getting back on the water train.

I am traveling most of next week which will be it's own challenge. Right now I'm trying to make the best of THIS week.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steps zvlx6cw9xjpq.jpeg...

Happiest of birthdays Evelyn! 🎉🎂🎈Glad you could spend it with family especially your
    sister...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It's always a good thing to be with my sister. Her nieces loved seeing her twice in a 4-week period, too!

@lauren_989 - you and I were in tandem as far as having a cold of non-Covid-type. I awoke with a sore throat on Saturday with a mild cough and no energy. I slept a lot. When I awoke early today, I decided to stay home from work. My boss (who is half my age), urged me to catch up on rest and fluids, so, I did. I can make up some of my 24 hours/wk Tuesday-Friday.

@strong_fit_ells What communication sessions you're having! It can be amazing to break through the hurt emotions to the truth beneath. Perseverance is key and it sounds as though you're "back in the boat" instead of lost at sea.

I signed up for a Latin dance class through AARP this evening. That should be fun - we'll see!

I'm working on my green week - see you again soon.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges I hope you feel better too! I literally laid in bed all day and took a 2 hour nap after sleeping for 10 hours last night. I am feeling slightly better, just sneezing a bunch and stuffy. I'm glad I only have a half day tomorrow at work. I'm about to take more nyquil and get back to sleep 😴🤧

@Gidgitgoescrzy I am sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I hope you aren't too sore from all that exercise!

I've gotten on back somewhat with my eating today. Being sick, all I wanted was toast, eggs, and soup. So while my calories are down today, I did not eat any veggies or fruit. Working with myself right now and just focusing on total calories the next few days.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    My covid test was negative! Just some random cold/virus. I am feeling slightly better today and am glad I took today off work.

The drive home was uneventful which was good. We hit a little rain, but not too bad. Today I am resting and am about to take a nap. It's hard work getting up, unpacking and making/eating breakfast when you are under the weather. My steps will plummet the next few days, but getting back to my eating plan!

What a relief! Keep testing for a few days... but yay. Rest and get back on plan!
  • jugar
    Options
    So last week a friend of mine passed away, massive heart attack at 52. While this made me incredibly sad, because she had such a beautiful soul, and was just the nicest person. I know from our visits over the years, that she didn't put a lot into being healthy, she liked what she liked, and you weren't telling her different. She was actually the person who introduced me to Pilates, she decided about 15 years ago that she was going to sign up for this combo Yoga/Pilates class at a local hospital, so she convinced me to sign up with her, she went 1 time and decided it wasn't for her. I finished the 12 week long program because it turned out I really like Pilates and Yoga...

Anyway, It made me think, that could be me... So, I exercised this weekend, on Saturday I did 20 min aerobics, and 10 min Pilates. Sunday, I did 20 min yoga... I am not sure which one did it, because the pain didn't start till today, but dang it my gluteus HURTS! LMAO.... Talk about a kick in the butt!

So I would like to dedicate this week of exercise, and getting back into being more active, to my friend Dawn.

This is beautiful. Let's all join you in getting active, making our butts hurt, and loving our friends. No heart attacks, OK?
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day, I did 20 min aerobics video when I got home, made a nice taco salad for dinner. and worked on some purging instead of watching TV... I only cleaned out 1 junk draw, but hey if I do that every day, in 30 days, I might have all of my junk drawers cleared out... okay, maybe I don't have that many, but sometimes if feels like it...

But that brings me to this question... What do you do with all of the cards you receive? (birthday, holiday, etc) I keep mine, but I kind of feel like maybe I shouldn't, but I feel bad throwing them away, and it's kind of fun to look back... So, I am just curious on what other people do with their cards?
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    PW: 180.4
    CW: 176.6

Green is my favorite color. That is the actual truth. Not just because it indicates weight loss.
  • jugar
    Options
    PW: 180.4
    CW: 176.6

Green is my favorite color. That is the actual truth. Not just because it indicates weight loss.

You look fabulous in green!
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update for week 2:
    @project_shan
    @healthygirlintransit (hope you're still with us!)

Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy for my cards I usually throw them away. A few from ny husband have long notes, so I kept those. Sometimes I will take a picture of the card first, then throw it away. My grandma used to keep them in a pile and reuse them. We would cut off the front picture, glue it on construction paper folded in half and voila! A new card to send someone.

Today has been ok, just really tired. I worked my half day and am now going to nap 😴 Unfortunately, my husband woke up with fever/chills last night. Hopefully my parents and his parents didn't get anything!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

You look fabulous in green!

@jugar - I feel fabulous in green. My belt is a notch tighter, my shirts are starting to wear me, and I like what I see in the mirror and my daily update photo.

• jugar
    Options
    This day started with making a mega batch of apple jelly and an experimental one of apple syrup - my 5 apple trees have gone kinda berserk this year, and I have barely made a dent in the crop that looks like several million. But I have enough jelly for the year now. I got some practicing done, booked my ticket to go to Alberta in October, and then Jasper and I had a workout and some delicious carrots. I hope you all have had a good day too!

Wednesday is the @Gidgitgoescrzy solo! The only person on the team with Wednesday weigh-in.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    PW 176
    CW 173

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @gidgitgoescrzy sorry to hear of your friend. certainly something that makes one think about your own choices and good inspiration. Cards: no hard or fast rule right, if it means something to you, keep it, it doesn't take up much room. You can always toss out later.
    My cousin was over the other night supper, I offered drinks and she wanted a little white wine...well, I only had a huge double sized bottle, still, I opened it. I didn't partake. Tuesday morning I took that bottle and pour it on the ground outside. Just saying NO. I know that if it sits in the fridge it will derail me. Pretty out of character for me to do that...I don't like to waste money, but am very glad I did. Trying to keep ALL my intake in line, I got rid of something that wasn't going to help.
    One major stressor this year: before I'd taken my couple months break from F2F, many of you knew of the bizarre aggressive tumor discovered in my brother's sinus. After months of chemo & radiation, he's had a PET scan on Tuesday that shows no cancer. In full remission. They'll check him every 3 months for 5 yrs to make sure it doesn't return. He lost sight for good in one eye due to the nerve being compressed for so long, but in his 2nd eye, sight returned once the chemo started working. We are all feeling incredibly lucky.
    Other stressors continue but that was a huge one. Allows me to pause, pull myself together, and take care of me now...stop being unhappy in my clothes. So! hoping for a green weigh in tomorrow. still have to work on the prelogging habit.
    @jugar have you got a big freezer? one year, with a bumper crop of apples I made loads of applesauce and just froze - no added sugar, sweet enough and a great dessert choice.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    Exercise:
    Sep 9 - 11655 steps
    Sep 10 - 6514 steps
    Sep 11 - 16244 steps
    Sep 12 - 12134 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in (weighing in early because it won't be any better tomorrow!)
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 211.2
    CW 214.2

We are on our way home from our trip... we'll be rolling in after 11 p.m. and back in the office tomorrow, us crazy kids!
    We had fun, like @micki48 said earlier this week I too have a lot of "food in transit". But yeah, it will be good to get back to a routine. Got some good steps in but that was the extent of the good behavior!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @jugar apple jelly sounds delicious!

I am feeling a lot better today, however now hubby is sick and miserable. We tested him for covid with our recent trip and he came back positive. I took another test just to make sure and I was negative again (a total of 3 negative tests for me). Not sure if I am testing a false negative, him a false positive, or we both picked up different bugs from the cruise 🤷🏼‍♀️ We had similar symptoms but he seems sicker than I was.

Since we have been back from our trip, I have done a 180 on my eating. I'm actually surprised how easy it was to get back in my good eating habits. Still may take a few weeks to get the weight back off.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    My condolences to you @Gidgitgoescrzy for the loss of your friend Dawn <3
This discussion has been closed.