WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 Glad you're feeling better, but sorry it's hubby's turn. The cruise photos were amazing and your vacation steps were awesome. Glad it's been easy getting back on track after the holiday.. especially with you feeling so crappy!

I need to draw on that for myself as I ease back into things here for my end of September. I'd really like to end September lighter than I started it but it's going to be an uphill battle.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Last call for week 1 steps @project_shan
    Hope to get you counted in for the report!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    Glad you're heading home @ashleycarole86 but too bad you have to hop right off to work in the morning :weary: At least the weekend is not too far off!

@eggfreak I am so glad to hear about your brother - that is amazing. I often forget how dramatically good cancer treatments can be. It is also wonderful to hear your wine pouring out story, and see that you are coming back to caring for yourself. You'll save way more money by not buying wine than you lost pouring that one out. And you'll feel so much better. And yes! Applesauce is appearing in my big freezer for sure. I also freeze chopped apples for stuff like apple crisp - or even just to put off cooking so much danged applesauce all at once! It works well. Every day is apple day right now. Come on up!

I had a fun rehearsal this afternoon - lots of ideas flying around to try to figure out a proposal for a performance next summer. The proposals are due October 2nd, so we have to work fast to put all the ideas together. I think it will be a good program, though. It was quite the sight-reading party, with tons of talking in between. We'll hope for the best.

Thursday weigh-ins! Here they come:
    @DD265
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak

Overdue:
    @project_shan
    @healthygirlintransit

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Eek! As suspected, today's post-vacation weigh in bloat is a real wake up call.

Very hard not to feel extremely frustrated with myself, but I've yet to find that type of mindset motivating. So, time to just do the work.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PW 177.4
    CW 175.4
    Just got my fitbit back on my wrist.
  • jugar
    Options
    Alrighty! Friday line-up - here you come:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Antonia2050
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us

and me.

See you there!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Today's report:
    -over 10K steps
    -no alcohol
    -tracked until the end of the workday
    -got some chores back

Missed:
    -Peloton workout
    -not letting day 1 work stress overwhelm us

We're exhausted and need bed! So, heading there now. My weight was WAY up today from vacation so I'm chipping away now.. that's what I have to focus on.

@jugar well said and very true
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    CW
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    PW: 193
    CW: 193.8

My mini-challenge for when my family and in-laws came went okay. I did get more protein in and more water, but I did not stick to the other two goals. This week was also rather tough food-wise because it finally became TOM for me and my appetite was ravenous! I’d eat a protein heavy meal, and then not even two hours later, my stomach would be rumbling! I tried to drink water to see if I was just thirsty, but that did not help. I definitely ate way over my goals.

I also got my blood work lab results back, and the obgyn does think I have PCOS which will make it harder to lose weight. I have my dietician appointment next week so this may help us shift our approach. It may also mean I need to really focus on increasing my exercise routine so I’ll be looking into good workouts for PCOS. If anyone is in a similar boat and has suggestions, that would be wonderful!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, today will be good. I signed up for a yoga class tomorrow morning.

I slept terribly last night, and I am not even sure why.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day, and make good choices... :wink:

• DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    CW:220.4
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 276.5
    CW: 277.1

I am also on the post-vacation upswing. Let me tell you - people in Wisconsin really like to drink. 😆

The trip was really fun, but I did get very frustrated with my foot injury. It just gets irritated so easily and illogically (like even at points where I don't feel like I have been walking much at all), and we did probably also walk too much for me. But I felt bad making an issue of it because I didn't want to interrupt vacay activities.

I also ate so much cheese. My new favorite snack is going to be seared halloumi.

I'm behind on posts but finally have a weekend at home so I can catch up on all things, MFP, health, chores, etc.
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CW: 216.8

No movement at all this week and it shows. I believe the weight gain is due to eating many comfort foods this week while recovering from the flu. After eating all I did was sleep.

Feeling much better now. Back to basics for me.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 166.6

I'll take it. We were out of town and eating out always gets me. I really tried to watch what I ate. My goal was to just maintain and that's what I did (more or less). That's a win in my book.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for Saturday? End of week 2? Here goes:

@EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

and still hoping for
    @project_shan
    @healthygirlintransit

Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I ate some things I shouldn't have at work today 🙈 We celebrated our manager's birthday with mexican food and a delicious chocolate truffle cake! Then I had a cookie.

Tomorrow is a new day. I have my alarm set to go to the gym. I think I am finally feeling up to it after being sick. I mowed the front lawn yesterday and got short of breath, so hopefully it won't push me too much. My hubby is finally turning the corner and feeling slightly better today!

@conleywoods I did weight watchers in 2012 and lost 50 pounds! It worked well for me then. Then I went back to it 2 years ago and I didn't lose much and didn't like the changes they made. I'm glad you like the current plan! I found the meetings helpful and having someone weigh me in also helped hold me accountable. I'm glad I was able to find this group because it is very motivating and helpful to me!
This discussion has been closed.