Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I think that’s a great idea for thr next challenge. I was excited when I saw your current one and I bookmarked it but then totally forgot about it until Tuesday. I was bummed to miss out? I’ve never done a challenge, do I just start writing and join in or do I have to officially join it? Thanks!

The temps by me are much lower than yours Jessica. The last couple nights its been in the low 50s and I’m waking freezing! But, I love walking around with my sweatshirt at night and having a warm cup of tea. I’m so excited for fall!

@sbus12 We'd love to have you anytime you can make it...no need to register for it, but remember they always open up late Sat afternoon, but don't officially begin until Sunday morning...that allows you to pop in, see the topic and see if it's something you're interested in...then sometimes there are things that need to be done in advance, like if you have to find a partner for a fitness challenge...you'd need to start on that as soon as possible...but mostly, they start on Sundays and you just come in and do what's required for the challenge. It's different each week. Kinda makes it special that way. It's a great way to get extra support.

Looking forward to seeing you in there...
    Jessica
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 202.4
    CW 203.8

9/12 15,488
    9/13 15,073
    9/14 16,170
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ganival
    Friday

Pw 177.4
    Cw 180.4

That’s what a week of hotel and restaurant food will do. Went to gym today and running tomorrow so onwards but definitely not upwards please
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Got my walk in the morning. I saw some fun things again which was nice. There were 3 deer at the edge of the forest, I saw a black woodpecker (those are very shy), a group of long tailed tits in a tree and a sassy squirrel who was yelling at me. I went to the store after to grab some snacks. I saw that the lunch salad I always buy had a note with "will be unavailable soon". I really hope they don't take it out because I have been eating it every day for the past 3 weeks. It is literally the only vegan lunch salad they have so it doesn't make sense to me and there is no alternative, but I guess we will see. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    September 15 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 14m ~ 84 score
    • Steps: 16.649
    • Zone Minutes: 58
    • Calories: 1424
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/15 7,139
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    2njm9mwb0t4a.jpg

Missing one weigh-in this week...
    @angmarie28

Please report in ASAP. Thanks!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The Sep Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 17th. Please join us for a discussion on Emotional Eating. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10899580/sep-week-3-group-challenge-emotional-eating#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 2990
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Cyncia85 Steps

Tues 9/12 = 6,109
    (worked from the office + evening class. I'm ok with that I didn't hit my step goal. I was going on little sleep and had an early morning personal training session.)

Wed 9/13 = 3,354
    (work from home (WFH) + telehealth at lunch + evening class + big assignment due that I worked on after the evening class ended)

Thurs 9/14 = 1,966
    (I'm curious what what happened here - did I have my watch on the whole day?
    WFH, allergy shot at lunch, then class in the evening. I took a nap before class. I got about 5 hours of sleep Wednesday night, mentally drained, and that allergy shot must have wiped me out.)

Fri 9/15 = 7,354
    (WFH day. You know what's wild about this is that I went to the gym and did a workout. My goal is 7,500 steps. Didn't hit my goal. After the gym, I did sit back down at the computer to complete an assignment.)

If you read all that, thanks. I find reflecting on the day vs the numbers is helpful and insightful. Helps me identify where I need to adjust or simply give myself grace and compassion. I'm making progress on my snoozing habit - so I be an early bird and focus on my fitness.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I've got alot I want to accomplish tomorrow (Sunday). Reflecting on the past few weeks, creating a meal plan and meal prepping on my days off is going to simplify things for me and keep me on track. Ease stress. Less mental energy into figuring out what I'm going to eat for each meal. And keep me eating healthy - I won't be tempted to spend money at a restaurant and I've got an idea of my macros.

Today (Saturday) I shopped.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan and prep the foods for the week! :smiley:
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I wasn't really in the mood to go for a walk so I had already put on my normal clothes. But then I opened the curtains and it looked so nice outside. I told myself "oh no, you are going to walk" and I changed into my walking pants. It was very fun on the bike to the walk. So foggy! The walk was also lovely. I guess people sleep in on Saturdays because I didn't see a single soul. I always love the illusion of being the only one out in nature. After the walk I got groceries, I did the dishes and in the evening I mowed the backyard which was horrible as usual. I have a hedgehog in the house I bought for them ages ago so I am really excited about that! I will get some cheap catfood to help it out and maybe some hay because I think there isn't enough padding inside now for it to be winter proof. With that it can make its own little nest. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    September 16 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 25m ~ 83 score
    • Steps: 18.302
    • Zone Minutes: 86
    • Calories: 1362
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My steps
    9/15 7,838
    9/16 9,566
    My garmin watch has started playing up again & sometimes it won't charge.Maybe it's the heat or suntan cream ? I've been careful not to use it in the sea as it died completely last time I was here.
    Have a great Sunday all,another day in paradise for me. 🧜‍♀️😎
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Shape Shifters! I hope everyone is feeling good about starting a new week. I’m back from my trip, and ready to return to the active group.

@jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl — Do you need a new starting weight for me or should I use my last official weigh in number from the end of July?

I’m looking forward to getting to know all the new members and catching up with everyone!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal A new weight would be nice! Are you keeping your weigh in as Thursday?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/16 6,092
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

tj1ubjod3bok.png
    24dmwnig6r7q.png

Team Results