Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Ran a few errands in the morning. Store 1 for snacks for Tinus, store 2 for wood pellets for the litter box, store 3 to get bread for me. They didn't have the one I wanted, so I got a nice bun instead. All of Tinus' things seem to run out at once. Already had to order his regular food, another snack, filters for the waterfountain. He is an expensive little potato. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    September 8 numbers
    • Sleep: 9h 6m ~ 84 score
    • Steps: 17.674
    • Zone Minutes: 8
    • Calories: 1341
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl - I’m in Portugal participating in a workshop with nine people from the Netherlands. They all work at The Green Land, a company that promotes data transparency and ethical use of data. I know I can’t generalize to a whole country, but I’ve met other people from the Netherlands through these workshops and I always like them as individuals, appreciate the thoughtful contributions they make to the learning, and enjoy laughing with them.

I’ve decided I’m going to plan a trip to the mud flats next spring or the following autumn season. I couldn’t remember the name of the national park in your neighborhood but I was surprised to see how many national parks you have in such a small country— another reason to admire the Dutch! There is such bio-diversity across the different parks so it’s difficult to decide where to visit, but I definitely want to incorporate the mudflats in my trip because one of the women I met gives tours as her hobby and offered to introduce the area to me. I just thought I’d let you know how much fun and professional growth I experienced with your fellow countrymen and women! 😊
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 208.5
    CW: 207.6
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal That sounds really cool! I have to say that I have never been mudflat walking myself, haha. I don't live near the coast unfortunately and it's not that easy to get there without a car. My national park is called Dwingelderveld. The good thing about our country is that it is very tiny so you can probably see a lot in a fairly short time!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Jlswensen We excused you last week, so the PW we have is 209.7.
  • Pupowl
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @angmarie28 The step challenge doesn't carry over every month; you have to sign up again with your step goal. Giving by the list of steps you posted, I assume you want to join again for September. What is your daily goal? Also please post your steps more often to make it a bit easier on us, thank you.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Please excuse me from weigh in this week as I'm traveling
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/8 8,503
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    8pzd0g6a33cg.jpeg

These were my favorites from the article below:

1. Ask yourself “What can I do today to move closer to my goal?” and do it!
    2. Set your daily intentions
    3. Be grateful
    4. Spend time outdoors
    5. Reserve some me time
    6. Connect with others (Hi! 🤗)
    7. Make time for mindfulness
    8. Get out of your comfort zone
    9. Journal
    10. Learn something new

https://minimalismbasics.com/2022/07/02/making-every-day-count/
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I’m being intentional this weekend!

I decided on a protein shake for breakfast AND recorded it! I compared the nutrition to my eggs and toast and decided both were comparable but felt like a shake so chose that route.

Win for me!

Headed off to a sporting event with healthy snack and drinks. Then I’ll go for a walk.
    Making small goals and sticking to them. One day at a time (or rather meal at a time) is what I need to do to get out of this rut!
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl - thanks - I wasn’t sure if it was excused or if you used the average. Thanks!
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 148.0
    Had a little too much fun in Vegas lol. It’s okay.
    @jessicakrall8 i am going to need to be excused for the rest of the month. Will be traveling back and forth between Miami and Missouri for this move twice. I’ll return to weigh in October 7. Everybody be well!!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! :smile:

Say it with me, "my dedication to my exercise program yields amazing results."
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Cyncia85 Steps 9/8 = 3,921
    I had an early morning workout on Friday - seems like I should have more than 4 thousand steps. I passed out Friday evening and I'm ok with that considering my sleep this week has not been restful. I was physically, mentally, and emotionally spent. As a previous manager would say, "my brain was mush."
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 148.0
    Had a little too much fun in Vegas lol. It’s okay.
    @jessicakrall8 i am going to need to be excused for the rest of the month. Will be traveling back and forth between Miami and Missouri for this move twice. I’ll return to weigh in October 7. Everybody be well!!

Hi @nancyinmo I was cautioned by the MODS a few weeks ago to only use "exc"used absences for a couple of weeks...anything greater than that, as in this example, needs to move to the Support Team. I will remove you to the support team. Once you're ready to return, give us a few days notice and we'll get you moved back to active. I'll notify the MODS to move you. Good luck with the move.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Afternoon Team! Apologies for not popping in yesterday. I ended up having to do some OT at work and when I got home, finished my exercise for the day and wasn't feeling well. I emailed @pupowl and let her know I wouldn't be on until today.

I had looked forward all week to getting up and walking at 8 am...working on a badge for Garmin that requires a 3 mile walk, so my goal was to do another 5k (3.1 miles). Sent a challenge to my friends who are also Garmin challenge fanatics @frankwbrown @izzyred9400 and @lauriewrobo and they joined me to do that walk sometime today as well. Well, due to yesterday, a very challenging week and this stupid cold that is hanging on (cough remains), I woke up dragging and overslept this morning. Today's walk was tough, but I did it...pace wasn't great, nor was my finishing time...last time (Aug) I did 3.6 miles in and hour and a few minutes...this time it was 3.2 miles and took me an hour and 23 minutes. Can't wait to hear how Frank, Laurie and Izzy did...hang in there guys! Thanks for joining me for the party! :smiley:

I'm headed to go lie down now for a while...just going to rest the rest of today. It's raining outside anyway, so wasn't going anywhere...need to do a few things around the house...just finished the trash and the dishes...will do everything else a little bit at a time. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey Team...if anyone has an area of your weight loss that journey that needs extra attention, I'm seeking an idea for next week's group challenge that I need to post this evening. Just post your thoughts here and give me a good detailed explanation and we'll see if we can offer some extra support and share it with all the members of Fat2Fit teams and perhaps it can help them as well. I'll be back on tonight after 6pm to get something setup to begin tomorrow. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    9/3 1,368 (work all day on the computer :s )
    9/4 3,169
    9/5 4,031
    9/6 4,136
    9/7 3,231
    9/8 8,024

Ugh, no wonder why the scale is moving up again... numbers don't lie. :#
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 5154
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, lots of prayers up gf. I hope you can send it packing soon.
This discussion has been closed.