Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    DebJB30 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join the step challenge for September? If not, I’d like to set my September goal at 7,000.

Hi @DebJB30 As much as we would love to welcome another walker into the team, I don't see you listed in our roster! Are you sure you're sending your request to the correct team...this is the Shape Shifters...I see you listed with the Mission Slimpossibles team. Please cut and paste your message into the Slimpossibles chat thread! Good luck in September! KICK BOOTY!

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... one more new member joining your marvelous team ...Please welcome @dauntlessdivya :)

jjhkwwt7rmrp.jpg

Welcome @dauntlessdivya and so glad you found our team!! Please take a few minutes and go back to pg 1 and read our FAQ which should answer many of a newbie's list of questions. Anything not there that you're wondering about, please post a message and I'm sure you'll get a response or two! Also, when you have a second, please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your journey and your goals for Sep and beyond! I just know you're going to find this team to be a great support to keeping you going! I am Jessica, one of two Captains, the other being @Pupowl! On behalf of us and our two Motivators @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85, we hope you have a terrific month!

Can't wait to begin celebrating your landmark successes soon! Take care and again, WELCOME!!!
    Jessica :blush:
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hah - sorry- looks like I was in the wrong team chat 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love seeing all the new group members! I’ve been in this group since May and I’ve lost over 10lbs but have struggled with consistency and goal commitment the past two months. I started off well but then stopped planning and the social summer took over. I work full time and I have kids in sports which makes us forever on the go. Planning is a must for me. I know we all go through valleys so I have to just get out of this one. @Pupowl was good at reminding me last month to take one day at a time. I can do this!
    I enjoy reading others successes, whether it’s weight loss, steps or NSVs (non-scale victories).

Monday weigh day
    PW 179.9
    CW 181.1 😔

• Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @lacatgirl and @dauntlessdivya welcome!! Tell us about yourselves and your goals! Share your successes and any tips you’ve found along the way.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Since I went to bed so early on Monday, I was up on time yesterday morning. I left home at 7:00 to go for the walk. It was already too warm for my liking at that point, but I got it done. Right after I biked to the grocerystore. The only salad I like has been sold out Sun and Mon but I managed to grab 4 of them this time, yay. I got a package with some more footcreams to try to sort out the eczema. I have been to the doctor, but she wasn't very helpful, in my experience they often aren't, so I will just fix it myself! The rest of the day was slow and hot and boring. I took down the cloths for shade at the back of the house a while ago because it looked like the heat was over. I can't be bothered to put them up again so it gets like 24 degrees (75F) inside now. I will just deal with that. It's only a week and the mornings are quite cool so I can get some of the heat out. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
    September 5 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 56m ~ 85 score
    • Steps: 17.666
    • Zone minutes: 54
    • Calories: 1381
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/5 8,804
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @Sbus12 We are missing your steps for the end of the month. Please post your steps for Aug 31 and Sep 1 & 2, thanks!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly
    You are actually early. :smiley: In this group, the week starts on Sunday which means for this month it was the 3rd. So your first weigh in day for the group is on the 9th! I understand the confusion though, the gap is pretty long when you pick Saturday as your weigh in day. We also have your starting weight as 208, not 207.6. I can adjust that if you would like. Either way, nice loss so far and good to hear you have power back!

Yes, please adjust my starting weight. I was rounding up when I registered for the group, but I went back and looked at my actual weigh-in when I posted my weigh-in, so the 207.6 is correct. Thank you!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Today I went on my longest local bicycle ride. I woke up with a lot of depression and that usually means I've had a bit of a small seizure, which for me are typical focal or in that arena, not the more serious grand mal etc. But usually for 72 hours afterwards I have a range of symptoms including occasionally debilitating depression. I knew I needed to go out and get in some exercise but I had to kinda push myself out of the house today. I guess it's genetic because some people in my family inherit a novel blood sugar issue and they're the ones with the seizure issues also, so maybe it dropped too low over night, idk.

Anyway, I'll be fine, I just feel incredibly sad for no reason at all. Ugh. Anyway...gosh I kept hating that because the ride was just so beautiful. Had some big fluffy clouds today.

I'll put in a few photos, just taken with my phone so not too good of quality. This is in North Oregon along the Pacific Coast in a state park, South Jetty, Iredale, Coffenbury lake. :D It's a good place to ride a bike or come and visit.
    8q348sgvyfih.jpeg
    zwawerz2acsr.jpeg
    6wk2vxhxgad0.jpeg
    kyzyatae5d5d.jpeg

My bike was a little sandy / salty so I did give her a good wash and oiled the chain afterwards. :+1:

And uh' someone kept posting about paddle boarding and I put it on my calendar for next year because wouldn't that lake be perfect for that? I kinda think so! :-P. I've been so inspired by everyone here. I just shamelessly copy off all ya' :+1:

@Itadakimasu7 Thanks for sharing this with us. I admire your choice to get out and be active. We're here to support you. <3
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 Steps Tues Sept 5 = 5,923

Mindful Affirmation for Wednesday September 6th
    I have the power to face any difficulty.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 4918
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - is that an old volcano cone in the background? In Eastern Oregon we have old remnants of volcanoes that look like that. The pool is super tempting! So beautiful there. It's cool enough here that I'm wearing a jacket and a heavier jacket in the morning :D.
This discussion has been closed.