Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl - I love the picture of the spiderweb! Amazing. You have hedgehogs?
    High five for choosing to go the bike and walk.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Cyncia85 Weigh-in for Sunday September 17th = 207.6 lbs
    Back to my weight from Sept 3rd.

Steps for Sat 9/16 = 9,408
    Above my goal of 7,500 steps :smiley:
    Running errands, shopping, couple chores, and a walk/jog.
    My foot is still healing. I still feel some pain in my toes. It has been 4 weeks since my fall.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Thank you! There are lots of wild hedgehogs around here and they regularly visit the garden. I got a little house for them in Feb 2022, but this is the first time I have seen it be used. I think having an untidy garden is a very good thing for them, so at least someone is happy :lol:
    After I threw out a handful of cat food, it immediately showed up to eat. Then later when I walked Tinus in the backyard, we ran into it again. I didn't want to stress it out too much, so I took Tinus to the front instead. When we went back inside the house, it was happily munching away again and I saw it go inside the house. I hope the house will be used for winter as well, that will be cool. But for now I can at least help it to fatten up.
    80arv7viwo3k.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    dd9y1ro6czdd.jpg

STEP CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS...you are requested to post your steps every 2-3 days please!

@angmarie28 Need your steps from Sep 8 to 16! Also, we asked for your daily step goal for the month but never got a response. I assumed 10k. Hope that's correct.

@looneycatblue Need your steps from Sep 11 to 16!

This step challenge is such a joy to me...I am starting to feel it's becoming a chore...PLEASE help your two Captains out on keeping the stats up-to-date. Thank you!

Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Wk 3 - Sun, Sep 7
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 171.4
    Gain/Loss: - 0.4

HW: 182.2
    SW: 178.8 (started with beg May 2023)
    Month 1, May 2023 - End wt = 176.0: loss 2.8
    Month 2, Jun 2023 - End wt = 175.0: loss 1.0
    Month 3, Jul 2023 - End Wt = 172.2: loss 2.8
    Month 4, Aug 2023 - End Wt = 172.2: no change
    Month 5, Sep 2023 - Gain/Loss MTD = loss 0.8
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    9/11 4,278
    9/12 4,501
    9/13 3,661
    9/14 3,990
    9/15 6,695
    9/16 3,150
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @PatriceFitnessPal A new weight would be nice! Are you keeping your weigh in as Thursday?

Thanks for the quick response. That sounds good! I’ll post a new starting weight tomorrow morning and I’ll continue with the same weigh-in day: Thursday.

I appreciate your work with the data sheet tracking. Thank you to @Pupowl, @jessicakrall8, @Cyncia85, and @Sbus12 for supporting our Shape Shifter team and motivating us as individuals working toward our common goal!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Enjoy your paradise @izzyred9400. I’m so glad you’re having fun in your ‘happy place’ and had a nice visit with your sister and her husband!

Congratulations on the birthday milestone @Zaxa2021. You deserve a medal for getting through the busy early years with two infants/ toddlers. It gets easier but I’m glad you had your ‘village’ there for the party — how fun! I’m sure you burned some calories lifting, even if you may have been under your usual step count.

Congratulations to the team winners announced yesterday — @Armygirlarmyof1, @lacatgirl, and @Pupowl 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    @Pupowl - I love the picture of the spiderweb! Amazing. You have hedgehogs?
    High five for choosing to go the bike and walk.

Yes! I agree with @Cyncia85 about everything here — The pictures are beautiful and I especially like the spider web! Good job pushing through your inertia to get outside and move, and what a bonus that the bike ride turned out to be so fun! 🤩

And, I also echo @Itadakimasu7
    @Pupowl -- Kowaii! Hedgehog! That's so amazing. … They're so stinkin' adorable. You'll have to keep us updated.

@Zaxa2021 -- The party sounds like fun :D 2, 2 year olds - that is a workout! :D

Big Congrats to: @Armygirlarmyof1 @lacatgirl and @Pupowl team winners this week! :trophy: :D:+1:

🦔🤩🥳🏆🏅🏆🥳🤩🦔
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Cyncia85 - You have a LOT going on with your busy schedule. Good for you for managing it so well.

Great work to all the dedicated steppers! 🎉

I’m sending healing vibes for all the injuries, and hoping everyone’s week goes smoothly!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sunday steps 1913.

Ik my steps are low today but we just needed to chill
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Jlswensen I feel for you! I hate when my plantar fasciitis or other feet problems act up! Feel better soon! Hope the stretches and ice helps!

@Pupowl you have been doing so awesome with your #s! You’ve been especially good with your calorie goals! Way to

@bearchested I’m like you too. I tend to focus hard on one area of life and let the others fall. It’s something to take note of. I didn’t really think of it that way, but I do. Thanks!

@PatriceFitnessPal welcome back!! Looking forward to your energy!

@Cyncia85 great job meal planning and being committed!

@Zaxa2021 happy birthday to your boys!
  • Cyncia85
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    I’ve always been a stress or emotional eater. Recently I just received a promotion but my replacement for my current job (same company) doesn’t start for another month. I’m learning my new position and helping out my old department by doing all the mandatory requirements for them so they don’t fall behind.
    I’m feeling the effects of the stress now unfortunately. I’m having anxiety and not sleeping well. I woke up this morning with high anxiety, hence why I’m writing at 3:45. My routine has changed and I’m not walking before work or after work anymore. I am getting a midday walk at least though. I’m packing healthy lunches, but I tend to graze or rather mindlessly binge when I come home before I make dinner for my family. As I woke up so early again this morning it hit me – I am not taking care of myself! As I write this, you would think that would be totally obvious for me, but it really wasn’t. In my mind I kept just thinking, OK, I’ll get to that, I’ll do that tomorrow, I’ll start tomorrow, but tomorrow keeps extending, and now I’m feeling the effects of many, many tomorrow goals ignored.

@Cyncia85 i need a mantra for this! Maybe something like—work will always be there, but you’re health can’t wait. Throw one out to me 😉

@Sbus12

When you mention the tomorrows, it sounds like procrastination.

Congratulations on the promotion!

After reading about your job, I’m curious – would some boundaries with work be helpful?
    Learning a new role can be mentally/emotionally draining. Don’t burn yourself out. I encourage you to give more to yourself and less to your job. Is there a way for the people in the old department to split up the work until your replacement arrives? This way they are cross-trained and can support the new hire. You can focus on your health and your new role. Or who did you report to in the old department? How can this person support you and the team?

I’m curious what a good mantra would be…here are a couple...
    My boundaries are an act of self-care.
    My well-being is my top priority.
    I give myself grace as I embark on a new journey.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @Pupowl that's so cute - a hedgehog house :smile:

@PatriceFitnessPal - Wow, your comment about managing my schedule so well reminded me of a lesson I am still learning about not being hard on myself. Thank you
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Mon weigh-in
    PW: 304.2
    CW: 304.2
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/17 8,850