Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Special Last 100 Days of 2023 Challenge!! What's YOUR ONE THING?!

Hope you'll join us! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900035/special-last-100-days-of-2023-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The Sep Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 24th. We're focused on movement this week. Hope you'll join us for this 7 day challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900037/sep-week-4-group-challenge-7-day-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 5364
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW 192.0

Sorry I’m late. For some reason my husband and I have both gotten our days mixed up this week!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/22 7,124
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo & @Armygirlarmyof1 good job on your steps! Way to kick off the weekend!

@cre804 & @jlswensen Nice weight loss!!

@jessicakrall8 so glad the storm has passed!!
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling hard with the food the last few days. It involved fast food, donuts, wings and beer. Honestly, it was nice to have a bit of a break from salads and chicken but I need to get back on track. Right now, I'm up 3 pounds. I'm sure most of it will come off quickly, but dang. Tomorrow will be better.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yet another morning walk, surprise. It was pretty quiet as usual. Hedgehogs ate all the food again, even though I doubled it. They will have to be content with that because there isn't really more space in the basket to add even more. I really wonder how many hedgehogs show up to eat. I did some laundry and the rest of the day was pretty lazy playing some games. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    September 23 numbers
    • Sleep: 9h 4m ~ 86 score
    • Steps: 20.579
    • Zone Minutes: 72
    • Calories: 1120
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @looneycatblue Need ALL of your steps for Week 3 and please try to post every 2-3 days...thanks!

All Walkers, please check the chart and post your stats from Week 3. Thanks!

Jessica
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

Thursday 9/21: 8,309
    Friday 9/22: 13,900
    Saturday 9/23: 11,894
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 9/22: 12,341
    Sat 9/23: 10,240
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown -- didn't you have a foot injury or something similar? Looks like you're doing great getting steps again! Hope that's all taken care of, unless I'm thinking of someone else, lol, that happens.

@Pupowl -- LOVE the hedgehog updates!

We're getting our rains back and the really good hiking is around the corner and mushroom photography. Last year found a kind of mushroom that has no cap, they're purple tentacles coming out of the ground, it was wild and I wasn't even sure it was a mushroom.

I took a short video of our local mule deer Sarah and her baby this morning eating apples.
    https://imgur.com/Pi6LfQn

I'm weening off coffee / caffeine this week and have stopped dairy. I have some inflammation issues I'm trying to tamp down a bit. I have a passion for coffee though, I believe it will be the hardest thing to give up.

It's the start of my week - have a great day everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

6cwqwbdbvz3j.png
    0dd5tkgtd1dq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tlyvy9ev03yp.png

By Pounds
    ism6l9jckc7p.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    bzq9zjyumyew.png
    b3rdoyvwjpsn.png

By Pounds
    hjkzydluj7k2.png

Team Winners
    ynjgy2rljjf9.png
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue so sorry for the sad loss of your friend.Sending virtual hugs your way ❤️
    It has been so hot here the last few days.Lovely beach days reading,swimming & enjoying lovely food.
    My steps
    9/21 3,639
    9/22 8,901
    9/23 8,241
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    9/17 10,402
    9/18 7,191
    9/19 3,729
    9/20 8,701
    9/21 3,553
    9/22 6,325

I'm sorry for piling on 7 days at once. Just getting a bit caught up today.

It's been an emotional month, I lost a dear childhood friend that I grew up with and have known all my life. It was cancer that rapidly advanced, and there was no chance to say goodby... I miss her dearly and am just crying everyday. Her beautiful memorial was yesterday. She was the best person I ever knew, a best friend to everyone she knew, no matter their walk of life, or what they did, she never judged, she was just there always, literally opening her home and heart to anyone that needed or wanted it. She left behind 3 lovely daughters, 3 brothers, 7 grandchildren... and so many more. There were at least 150 people there yesterday, that loved her...

@loooneycatblue Thanks for posting your steps and catching up. Sounds like you've had a tough week for sure...

I hope it won't be too long that beautiful memories of your dear friend will make you smile and not cry, but it's SO hard, I truly know. My Mom and her best friend lived next door to each other when I was a little girl. She and my mom went through their last pregnancies together...we were born six weeks apart ...me on Feb. 1st and she on Mar 8th. This was in Kentucky. Over the years, I didn't get to see her as much but every time I went to or through KY for any reason, I made sure to stop in and see her and instantly it was as if no time had past...we just talked and talked every time...even if we got online or on the phone, it was never a quiet/dull conversation. I lost her a few years ago and I still celebrate her birthday each year by talking with her daughters or sister online. She too had cancer that was stage 4 when found. I hope my Susie welcomed your friend into heaven and they now look down on us both. I am very sorry for your loss. May your friend rest in peace. May God hold on to you as you begin to grieve.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    fe2j0lw7vut4.jpg
    CONGRATS to all those who won the week or who had honorable mentions! Great job y'all!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.