Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sunday steps 5615. Took a lot of energy to get that many steps done today as I'm having one of those days medically speaking. But I'm not giving up, no matter what!! Let's go team
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    It's the final week of September already! New members can now sign up for October - please feel free to share this link and invite anyone who might be interested. If you're already here on the team, you do not need to sign up again :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900150/registration-for-new-members-october-2023#latest
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 Sunday Sept 24 weigh-in = 206.2 lbs

Step Update
    Tues 9/19 = 4,291
    Wed 9/20 = 2,325
    Thurs 9/21 = 9,734
    Fri 9/22 = 8,721
    Sat 9/23 = 4,966
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 I am so happy about it getting colder and wetter as well. Mushrooms are awesome. Here I regularly see orange tencacle things come out of the ground and sometimes white ones. I don't think I have seen purple!
  • Pupowl
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I went for another walk. BUT! I did a different one, woohoo. :lol: I did the same walk 15 times because it is a fun one and not too long. I figured it was time for something else now. So I went to a different part of the national park and did a longer walk (old around 6000 steps, yesterday was +/- 8400). I didn't really feel like it was harder so that was good. I also enjoyed seeing some different scenery. I think I will soon go back to my old walk diversity. I used to have like 5 different ones I liked to do and since this one wasn't a problem (5.5 km), I think the other ones will be fine as well (6-7km).
    It was super wet around the little waterpool and it was overgrown as well. There were tall grasses hanging over the trail so I got soaked from my stomach down to my shins pretty much. Thankfully it wasn't very cold and my clothes dry fast. But that would have been miserable in the winter. I don't recall ever seeing it that lush.
    Washed some blankets later, realised I ran out of detergent so I will get that today. Lots of stepping with Tinus outside, but otherwise a pretty lazy rest of the day. Happy Monday everyone <3
    September 24 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 57m ~ 83 score
    • Steps: 22.878
    • Zone Minutes: 76
    • Calories: 1170
    rfqrw7ohakmb.jpg
    yhf14z2db2xb.jpg
    4kaydxudjuxg.jpg
    oy2casghxobu.jpg
    86ofmjcu924k.jpg
    v5aj2u0x5yby.jpg

• Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumbinella

Sunday weigh ins

PW: 171.5 lbs
    CW: 171.5 lbs
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/24 6,083
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl -- Awesome photos as always! I like the mushrooms. The last one we call a 'stink horn' around here, but I don't know its real name.

• Pupowl
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Thank you! Stinkhorn is its real name. lol! In Dutch we call it 'stinkzwam' which is pretty much the same thing.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    rta80momkr74.jpg
    She fell asleep like this... lol, it was so goofy I wanted to share. Eventually it woke her up. ;-P

Edit: Just a note, this is the support strut for her actual bed in the window.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Wow 🤩 — I’m seeing some big losses this week! Congratulations @kcpond, @JenHul, @magnusMLQ, and others!

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better @franwbrown, and good work challenging yourself just enough without risking an injury @Pupowl — or too much fatigue @Armygirlarmyof1. I hope everyone is feeling 100 percent healthy as we close out September and move into a new month. Go Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Ouch! 😣— that does not look like a comfortable position for sleeping. I’m glad he woke up. I certainly understand feeling too tired to climb up to bed though —
  • Pupowl
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Rest day for me. I got groceries in the morning and in the afternoon I picked up a package with new walkingsocks and two pairs of hiking leggings for the winter. My current walking pants are super thin which is great most of the year since I get hot easily. But last winter when it was freezing or very cold and windy, I had to wear leggings under my pants which wasn't ideal. These winterleggings looked super comfortable. I tried one on yesterday and they feel awesome to wear. The only downside is that they are black; other colors were sold out in my size. I try to avoid black because of Tinus, every hair will show on it. I am very excited to try them out when it gets cold enough though. I was very grumpy all day and everything annoyed me. Also started wearing new glasses. The prescription is the same, but it still takes a bit to get used to a new pair so I had a headache the entire day which probably didn't help.
    I was looking online for some strength training ideas. The gym isn't really an option for me at the moment; too expensive. Having to buy several different weights, a bench, a bar and other things didn't really appeal to me either because you need a lot of space and it will also get pricey. Then I came across the TRX suspension trainer and that looks very fun. The TRX system is pretty simple and takes little space. The things you can do with it seem versatile as well and you can easily make things easier or harder. It is currently sold out and I am not in a rush, so I will do some more digging and look up more reviews to see if I really want to get it. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    September 25 numbers
    • Sleep: 9h 7m ~ 85 score
    • Steps: 17.759
    • Zone Minutes: 11
    • Calories: 1350
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Got it! The 8th is a Sunday, before you were weighing in on Saturday. Do you want to change your day?
This discussion has been closed.