Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
1235»

Replies

• justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    -This is my first 5% challenge really excited to have a support and a team to work with.

-I enjoy hiking, lego's, journaling and spending time with my grandkids

-I live about 30 min outside of Sacramento, CA

-I've been losing weight over the past six months and I'd like to focus on getting an exercise routine in place and toning

- I have lots of pets- 3 goats, 2 alpacas, 2 emus, 2 potbelly pigs, 1 horse, 2 ducks, 4 hens, 3 cats and 2 dogs. They would all agree that I am loving, patient and enjoy is over indulging/spoiling them.

- Overnight backpacking trip to Twin Lakes & Hidden Lakes in Desolation Wilderness

-Seasonal baking competition shows

- I am an end of life nurse and love supporting pt's and families during this very difficult time. I love cooking and trying new recipes. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and creating a support system during this journey.
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Lots

What do you like to do for fun?
    Read, walk, build with Lego, crochet, play games

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Virginia Beach, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Slim down

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    Kind, energetic, friendly

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    I just went through the grandkids clothes to see what I could get rid of.

What is your favorite TV show?
    Scooby Doo

2 fun things about you?
    I just died my hair blue, black. I am normally a light brown so it is a big change.
    ADHD with an ADHD dog so we have some interesting days.

Anything else you would like to share?
    We lost 2 pets in 8 days. September has been a very sad month so far.
  • ExerciseRaider
    ExerciseRaider Posts: 864 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done.
    -- SparkPeople since 2010. Transitioned to My Fitness Pal

What do you like to do for fun? Love to spend time with family and friends, read, exercise and be in nature.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Visalia CA (Central CA 45 miles south of Fresno. We are the gateway to Sequoia National Park. O

-- Eat healthier, lose weight
    tone muscles and be a healthier version of myself.

-- Loyal, kind, supportive.

-- I just finished eating dinner and then taking a walk.

-- NCIS

2 fun things about you?
    -- Arranging time with friends and traveling.

-- My sister died in July. We still don't know why she died
    The coroners report Is all false. Paid for private autopsy and waiting on results. Very stressful.
    -- I love to cruise but haven't since COVID-19. We are supposed to go to the Caribbean in February. Hopefully will fill comfortable and be able to go. The idea of staying in a little room if get COVID-19 is not fun.
  • JigsnReelz
    JigsnReelz Posts: 179 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second. I’ll be in France for the first half, so this is going to be an exercise in keeping my balance with activity and right-eating!

What do you like to do for fun? Meeting friends for Indian food. Teaching Irish dance. Writing.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Grand Rapids, Michigan

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I just finished a 25-pound weight loss push in order to get ready for tummy tuck surgery. The 8th week of this challenge will be my surgery week. So this time it’s about perhaps losing 5 pounds, and then stabilizing and staying fit for the last 2-3 weeks. I love this group for its accountability.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Not afraid to tell the truth. The one you go to for advice – as long as you’re ready to hear it. The mover and shaker.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The barn with the charger for my electric car. The picture is attached.

What is your favorite TV show? Great British Bake Off

2 fun things about you? I was Warren Beatty’s secretary when he produced Reds. I own a dancing school.

Anything else you would like to share? I am embarking on what I call my Mulligan: my second life. The do-over. (Not that my first life was a shot poorly-played; indeed, I think it was pretty magnificent.) Do you remember, when you were about 15 years old, that one magical summer when you didn’t have your driver's license yet, and you weren’t old enough to work, but you got to go out with your friends, maybe to the mall, yet you had a home and were fed, and could dream all you wanted about your life? What did you want to be, that magical summer? What were your dreams? What did you think life would bring you? I’m in that magical space again right now, looking at what life will bring me in my next phase. I read about the Blue Zones and Dr. Peter Attia, but more intensely, Dr. David Sinclair and the possibilities for living another 50 years. What would I do for a second career? Would I use my savings to go back to college, or build a business, or write a blockbuster? I don’t know yet. I just know that the possibilities are endless.
    3dimm1gn7uce.jpeg
  • rockycatsmamma
    rockycatsmamma Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    So many I've lost count :)

read, hike, video games

I'm in NJ and closer to NYC than I want to be

Gentle, active recovery from an ankle injury

loving but stern

reading a book -- The Queen's Price by Anne Bishop

Battlestar Galactica

2 fun things about you?
    I dream big, and sometimes manage to get there

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    too many to count..
    walk, knit or crochet, read, head to the mountains for a hike, read
    Pueblo, CO
    Continue to rehab post knee replacement, increase stamina and general fitness, lose some poundage
    pet-cuddly/ friend-interesting
    Afghan for my oldest son..now working on one for GD ..calling it the endless afghan as I started a corner to corner design and messed up..tore out and started all over again..but will get it done !!
    MASH, and for the moment Virgin River
    2 fun things about you?
    I love to tell stories and I love to make others laugh
    Wishing all the members success this go round..
    6ejtzawqxqrc.jpg
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Many since SP days.

research my ancestry, puzzles, read, play games

I'm outside of Boston, Massachusetts

Continue my fitness routine- strength training twice a week and aerobics 5 days a week.

My friends would say I'm supportive, my cats will tell you that I'm a pushover LOL!

Finished a 1000 piece puzzle with 30+ cat faces.

At the moment, Lewis.

2 fun things about you?
    I love to spend time with friends and have a wicked sense of humor.

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    I have done non, i am new to thus.

Knittung, drawing, cooking, and trying now wood carving

Shropshire England

I aim to lose about 5lbs before Christmas

Helpful and kind.

The last thingni finished was a wooden carving of a rabbit

I dont have a favouirte but i do like a good detective series

2 fun things about you?
    I like music and art with my grandchildren

I have 2 standard poodles who i adore and groom myself which i love and i enjoy walking them daily.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    One - this will be my 2nd one

Get together with friends, bike ride, and walk

Upstate New York

Lose weight and be consistent

Easy going

I sewed curtains for my bathroom to match my shower curtain

My favorite TV show is the Amazing Race

2 fun things about you?
    Love to travel and visit with friends

Good luck to everyone
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

None here though I would have one a weight loss contest had the pandemic not begun around then. I've lost about 82 pounds since starting with MFP.

Gaming, watching YouTube, gardening, healthy cooking and baking, art.

Tucson AZ.

I am getting back into the swing of weight loss after roughly a year hiatus, in which time I gained a few pounds - less than 10 actually but I want to get to goal weight this time. I also want to get into the habit of being active each day. So far this is day 8 of eating on plan and exercising at least 15 minutes per day. :)

Mom won't let me in her office when she's working! I want in there now! I want to eat every five minutes and I want her to run the faucet for me! I want to sit on Mom's lap and go to her computer moving picture meetings and photobomb everything and show her what a cute kitty I am! She's pretty good with the skritch and knows where all the gooshy food is and now I want a nap. (How my pet would describe me.)

Um.... a drawing for SwordTember, which is an art challenge where you try to draw a sword each day....?

I guess it would be Ahsoka even though it's really short? That's the best currently playing "TV Show" type thing I'm watching. I generally like anime. Subs, not dubs!

2 fun things about you?

I love growing strange vegetables that look like they grow on another planet, and my living room is a wood shop.

• prosearose
    prosearose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun? I study foreign languages, currently Swahili, go for walks, play with music, volunteer at the humane society with cats

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boulder, Colorado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose at least ten pounds, hopefully more, while remaining healthy and keeping my fibromyalgia in check

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat would describe me as very cuddly and loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I knitted a scarf. I call it 'my dr who scarf'

What is your favorite TV show? the good place

2 fun things about you? I like to swing in the middle of the night, I went to the Colorado Burning Man this year

Anything else you would like to share? I'm excited to share my journey with all of you!
  • seamonster99
    seamonster99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've done a few challenges before, this is my first 5% though

What do you like to do for fun? Family, friends, walking, art, kayaking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver, BC Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Improve health, lose 5%, strengthen good habits

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, creative, energetic

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Executor duties

What is your favorite TV show? White Lotus, The Bear

2 fun things about you? love spontaneous fun, adore ramen

Anything else you would like to share? i'm motivated!
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    Options
    This will be my first time! So exciting!

Spend time with my husband and children, go quadding on the trails, play with my puppy Nox, hiking, spending time at the cabin with our friends.

Closest city is Fredericton, New Brunswick in Canada.

Be consistent, track honestly and be accountable to my goals.

Bubbly & Easygoing.

recently finished the Beast Mode program by Caroline Girvan on Youtube, just started her new Iron on her app.

This is a tough one to answer, Brooklyn 99, The Office, Trailer Park Boys, but I enjoy watching dramas also. Currently watching Big Brother & Animal Kingdom

2 fun things about you?
    I'm a newlywed, got married to the man of my dreams last month & I'm a volunteer firefighter on a small department in my hometown. (I was the first female on FD 4 years ago, and we now have 3 girls on roster which feels AWESOME to be a part of!)

I'm tracking macros, and for cardio I do some skipping and walking, and I am currently doing Iron lifting program as I mentioned earlier. I've always known what to do, but I've struggled with the accountability so I'm happy to be here! :)
  • catherineveale
    catherineveale Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one!

What do you like to do for fun? I listen to audiobooks, diamond art, watch MLS, hang out with my kids

What major city do you live in or near? State? Western Mass

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'd like to lose a few lbs and also get started on an exercise routine

How would your pet or friend describe you? funny, caring, reliable

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished getting ready for work this morning! LOL

What is your favorite TV show? I like to watch soccer on tv.

2 fun things about you? I'm spontaneous and usually up for anything fun!

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one :smile:

What do you like to do for fun? I don't get a whole lot of free time, but when I do I love to read, do puzzles, build Lego, play video games, or just hang out with my little family

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nearest city is Sydney, NSW - but that is about 800km away so not really that close! Nearest regional city is called Dubbo, it has a population of around 30,000.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to build up some healthier habits and increase my activity level, with an aim to actually lose some weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Reliable, funny, kind.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished...umm...a book but that was a couple of months ago! Surely there's something more recent...maybe not. Funny, in my professional life I fall under the "completer-finisher" personality type, but apparently that doesn't cross into my personal life!

What is your favorite TV show? I am currently watching Criminal Minds - I like crime shows, but also like comedies like The Big Bang Theory. Hubby and I are rewatching Boston Legal, and also watching Silo which is pretty good!

2 fun things about you? I am a great cook, and I love WoodWick candles (current one is lavender & cedar).

• marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,674 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking 

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA 

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/go back to the Y 

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do 

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I worked 86 hours during a 2 week pay period (normal schedule 60 hours)

What is your favorite TV show?  I watch channel 6 a lot day and night. In between Hallmark, cooking channel, and others

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 73yrs now. I like the outdoors 

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week. Take friends and neighbor to where they need a ride

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my 2nd

What do you like to do for fun? Garden and hiking

What major city do you live in or near? State? St Albert Alberta

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun to be around

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Processing the tomatoes

What is your favorite TV show? Star Trek

2 fun things about you? I love to camp and fish

Anything else you would like to share? I hope everyone has a great challenge
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is my 3rd

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, bike, boat, dance, bake and rollerskate.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Grand Rapids, Michigan

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue eating clean, exercising

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friends & family would describe me as super funny, kind and generous.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. My cup of coffee...lol

What is your favorite TV show? Alone

2 fun things about you? Love to dance and sled in the winter.

Anything else you would like to share? Winter is my favorite season (I know I am in the minority...lol). Looking forward to some beautiful winter hikes.
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than 5

What do you like to do for fun? play game on my phone, read, garden in the summer

What major city do you live in or near? State? Kansas City, KS

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To be active and keep accountable of all the things that trip me up (sugar)

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loves me and calls me mama, and know I will take care of him and love up on him also.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I am sure I have finish loads of laundry, books ( Giant Slayers).

What is your favorite TV show? NICS programs

2 fun things about you? I can crochet and I try to grow tomatoes each year and each year its a year of very few if any tomatoes.

Anything else you would like to share? I walk a lot and love the outdoors.