Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    My steps
    9/26 10,105
    9/27 8,946
    9/28 12,325

@izzyred9400 I emailed the MODS as soon as I got home to move you back...gave them the starting weight and asked for your weigh days to be on Saturday. Welcome back to the party!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi SS ...You have a new member joining your amazing team .... Please welcome @mandycutright :)

44375tr6555p.jpg

@mandycutright Welcome to the team! Please take a second and introduce yourself to the group and tell us a little bit about your goals for October and beyond! I hope you find this team to be as supportive and inspirational as I have in my time here!

I recommend you go back to pg 1 of this thread OR once we get into the October chat thread, read our FAQ file which I will post there as soon as the room is opened up for us. This will answer many of your basic questions. Anything not covered, just post and I'm sure you'll get some responses pretty fast.

On behalf of our leadership team, myself, our other captain @pupowl and our two motivators @sbus12 and @Cyncia85 we're so glad you found us! Good luck during October!

Jessica :smile:

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Friday was a rest day for me, so naturally Tinus decided to wake me up at 6:20. Then he meowed for 5 minutes while sitting on the wrong side of the bed so he couldn't get in the mosquito net. Eventually he found the opening and we cuddled some, and then when he wanted to leave, he just charged head first into the net. That cheered me up again! He is such a potato head. It was very hard to stick to my food times (breakfast is after 10:00) because of the early waking and no walk to keep me busy. I was also pretty hungry the whole day so that was annoying. I think I prefer my walk days.
    I have been icing and rolling my right foot several times a day and my heel doesn't feel any better. I will give it another week or so and then maybe visit the doctor. I did some more research and considering how my injury started, I think I actually ruptured my plantar fascia. Either way, I have been in pain since the end of May and I am kinda over it. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    September 29 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 16m ~ 89 score
    • Steps: 16.375
    • Zone Minutes: 5
    • Calories: 1611
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl I love that you call Tinus a potato head...I call Betty my stinker butt! LOL Love them to death, but they're hilarious, aren't they?!! That's what keeps us young!!

Sorry you're having trouble with your feet...I ruptured mine on an exposed tree root many years ago and I just have to make sure I wear shoes with arch support and gel inserts for my heels 100% of the time now...couldn't believe how much difference those gel inserts made...ZERO pain now. Hope you find something that works for you...I know how you love those barefoot shoes you like...try the gel inserts and see if they help your heels...they're not expensive...and you can move them if you switch shoes. I'm still amazed at the difference it makes...feel better soon, my friend!

I'm getting ready to deliver a couple of cases of cat food to the rescue where I found Betty, to help them...they're overrun with kittens right now. Hope you're enjoying your #Caturday!

Jessica
    dz6ld0ay8fg5.jpg
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-181
    Current weight-181

My job approved me to go back to day shift (I've been working 2 days and 2 over nights for a while, plus picking up countless extra shifts) so I'm hoping with more sleep, I can get myself back to working out regularly again.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/29 14,269
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Lol, stinker butt isn't very nice! Potato is probably what I call Tinus the most. I have no idea why, it just suits him. Exposed tree root is exactly what happened to me as well, I stepped on a pointy end really hard and since then it has been horrible. I am glad you are pain free, but what about without shoes? I don't wear anything inside the house and I really don't want this to become a chronic pain thing where I am only comfortable in shoes. I will give my current 'treatment' some more time, but I have also looked at inserts. I promise I will get some if it doesn't improve! Very nice of you to help them out with food. <3 I remember from when I volunteered at the shelter how quickly food can run out.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The October team chat is open! Please continue to post stats here through the end of Saturday, but go to the new month to (re)introduce yourselves and set goals and commitments:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900528/shape-shifters-team-chat-october-2023/p1?new=1
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 192.0
    CW 192.5
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 215
    CW 217
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 205.9
    CW: 205.6
  • Pupowl
    Options
    We are missing a lot of weigh ins still. Please check in asap! New month starts tomorrow.
    @dancingonstarz 2x
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly
    @lacatgirl
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    @Mulecanter
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry I’m late posting my weekly weigh-in report. I lifted weights more often this week because we couldn’t row outdoors. I hope my body is holding on to water for muscle repair!?

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    PW: 139.3
    CW: 141.5

SW: 168
    LtD: 26.5
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 5124
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 Lol, stinker butt isn't very nice! Potato is probably what I call Tinus the most. I have no idea why, it just suits him. Exposed tree root is exactly what happened to me as well, I stepped on a pointy end really hard and since then it has been horrible. I am glad you are pain free, but what about without shoes? I don't wear anything inside the house and I really don't want this to become a chronic pain thing where I am only comfortable in shoes. I will give my current 'treatment' some more time, but I have also looked at inserts. I promise I will get some if it doesn't improve! Very nice of you to help them out with food. <3 I remember from when I volunteered at the shelter how quickly food can run out.

@pupowl I also call her Sissy Bug...and all nicknames are spoken with sweetness, so she has no idea what a stinky butt is...she's just so sassy and cute...I could eat her up!!

I can walk around for short bits with no pain, but I don't push it and usually wear my Vionic flip flops in the house (they have the built in arch support and are cushy on the heel. I only use the gel heel inserts in my vionic sneakers or other shoes.

Yes, I think the rescue currently has about 277 kittens at present, so they can always use food...I try to do a case or two a month. I'll be forever grateful that they helped me find Betty as I was SO depressed after losing Hazel so suddenly...we have a group of us on Facebook that are constantly posting pictures of our babies post-adoption...it's nice to watch them all grow from their gotcha day onward...

I hope you find a solution...hey email me your mailing address for Christmas time please...thanks!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jessicakrall8 it's good to be back but I would rather be on the beach ⛱️ 😎
    My steps
    9/29 13,368
    9/30 4,601
    Please could you add me to the October step challenge 15,000 steps a day.
    My favourite place to walk is my local park & along the canal path.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Thanks @jessicakrall8 it's good to be back but I would rather be on the beach ⛱️ 😎
    My steps
    9/29 13,368
    9/30 4,601
    Sent you a Garmin challenge for Oct @izzyred9400 @LaurieWrobo and so far only @frankwbrown has accepted…let’s go starts tomorrow!!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My steps
    9/29 13,368
    9/30 4,601
    Sent you a Garmin challenge for Oct @izzyred9400 @LaurieWrobo and so far only @frankwbrown has accepted…let’s go starts tomorrow!!
    Jessica

Hi @jessicakrall8 could you invite me again please,its not showing up now.Was out all day at my great niece's Ist Birthday.
This discussion has been closed.