Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 166
    I am really quite bummed. I can't eat like I want, I can't exercise like I want. I guess that's how it goes when you have family who don't support your goals. I swear I had every fast food this week. I offered to cook but they just say, "I would rather have.....etc, I had a rough day, etc" Where I don't act on emotion. Then I get suckered into it. Better luck next week! I keep telling myself. After stepping on the scale this morning, I was so bummed I just grabbed a gallon of ice cream too. Not good!

Totally understand this!
    I've lost over 80lb and people think it's will power .... its not really! Only way i really lose weight is when i leave all my friends, my social life, and all temptations and go travelling in my rv! I believe you have to be a little more selfish.... doing what you need to do not what others want! Easier said than done🙃
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

I will be taking a break from the challenge so I will not be here for October. I wish you all the best. I will still be working on my weight loss goals. I'm just having trouble keeping up with posting.
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options

Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Friday weigh-in: 09/29/23

PW: 157.2
    CW: 157.2

Okay, enough with the pity party of COVID! Time to kick some calorie butt!
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 166
    I am really quite bummed. I can't eat like I want, I can't exercise like I want. I guess that's how it goes when you have family who don't support your goals. I swear I had every fast food this week. I offered to cook but they just say, "I would rather have.....etc, I had a rough day, etc" Where I don't act on emotion. Then I get suckered into it. Better luck next week! I keep telling myself. After stepping on the scale this morning, I was so bummed I just grabbed a gallon of ice cream too. Not good!

I totally understand! My family is always having tempting food. I felt like giving up just like you just a few months ago. Then I found this group and several others that are just talking about goals and inspiring each other. This helped so much! Now I feel like someone else is in my environment that cares about health. Now I cook healthier, and usually, they eat it because it is available. If hubby has ice cream, I DECIDE if I want any or just a small custard cup full. I have fruit if I opt to skip the ice cream. I find fun meals like colorful peppers, broccoli, rice, and chicken. They love it. Make your healthy lifestyle fun. Fun & healthy foods, and fun exercises (dancing, walking videos, Zumba, etc.) all free on YouTube. Drink water with lemon or infuse fruit in it, Have a cut-up veggie tray for snacks. You are creating a life you LOVE. Not suffering through losing weight. Get support from teams on MFP. Read about the benefits of healthy living, look for new recipes, and new exercises, and Enjoy the process and the scale will be less important. It is fun to start seeing things get easier as you get stronger. I hope this helps. We are here cheering you on!
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    PW:185.8
    CW: 186.6 :(

MFP User Name -Learningmoments
    Commitment for Week -40,000
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Saturday -3327
    Sunday -7768
    Monday -5944
    Tuesday -9149
    Wednesday -930
    Thursday -10425
    Friday -10115
    Total: 47649

Last week we had company. It was wonderful. This week we took a mini-vacation to the beach. I forgot my Fitbit charger. I was surprised how much I depend upon the numbers for motivation. It was a good learning moment. I used my phone for steps, but now the same. I went for walks on the beach and felt like they weren't near as long as normal. When we got back, I was so tired. I couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on me, that in the sand is a harder walk than on the road. I need to check in with myself to see what is going right and what needs tweaking. Today I figured out goals for October. I really appreciate all the support I get here.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Pretty sure (as of now) it's a US update :s so frustrating.
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 291.4
    CW: 285.6

I'm having some serious health issues and going through some personal things at the moment. It's becoming difficult to concentrate on this challenge and I haven't really been participating due to the issues I'm having.
    Please excuse me from the October challenge. If and when things improve I'll try to come back.

Thank you,
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options

I'm having some serious health issues and going through some personal things at the moment. It's becoming difficult to concentrate on this challenge and I haven't really been participating due to the issues I'm having.
    Please excuse me from the October challenge. If and when things improve I'll try to come back.

Thank you,

Sorry to see you go, you've been doing so well. Hope your issues get resolved and we see you back here again xx
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 173
    CW 171
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Sep 29, 2023)
    PW: 239.2
    CW: 240.1

Lots of ups and downs this week - unfortunately I ended it back in the 240s (although just barely). I've been walking more and started lifting weights again recently so hopefully will be done with the 240s soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weigh in

I will be taking a break from the challenge so I will not be here for October. I wish you all the best. I will still be working on my weight loss goals. I'm just having trouble keeping up with posting.

I will move you to support. I will check in with you in November to see if you are ready to come back.
    PW:185.8
    CW: 186.6 :(

MFP User Name -Learningmoments
    Commitment for Week -40,000
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Saturday -3327
    Sunday -7768
    Monday -5944
    Tuesday -9149
    Wednesday -930
    Thursday -10425
    Friday -10115
    Total: 47649

Last week we had company. It was wonderful. This week we took a mini-vacation to the beach. I forgot my Fitbit charger. I was surprised how much I depend upon the numbers for motivation. It was a good learning moment. I used my phone for steps, but now the same. I went for walks on the beach and felt like they weren't near as long as normal. When we got back, I was so tired. I couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on me, that in the sand is a harder walk than on the road. I need to check in with myself to see what is going right and what needs tweaking. Today I figured out goals for October. I really appreciate all the support I get here.

A beach holiday sounds wonderful. Yes walking in the sand is much harder. We have to find what ever we can to motivate ourselves. Great job finding the alternative to count your steps.

Thank you,

I am sorry to see you go. I will move you to support and hopefully see you in November.
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 173
    CW 171

Congrats on the loss!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,398
    Swim:
    Mini walk: ✔️✔️

My granddaughter stayed over last night. She decided at 9 pm that she wanted a McFlurry. Wish I could say I passed but I didn’t. Also, wish I had logged it before eating it. Those suckers have lots of calories.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Check in
    PW: 317
    CW: 319
    Salty dinner last night, so I'm not concerned. NSV of the week: made it through school fire drill (lots of standing around) with less discomfort than last month.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 181.2
    CW 181.0

I have been at this now for the last two months and this is the first time I feel like the scale is a bit stuck. I know it happens to everyone, but for those of us who are drawn to our numbers, it can unhinge our efforts. I appreciated the reminder from @Slimmersixties last week:

4 days ago i was 2.9lb down then i increased my daily water and 2lb came back! I've played this game long enough to not let it knock me off track. Down is down :)

I agree that "down is down" so I will take this without losing focus. I think this process is not only about actually losing the weight but about improving the way that we do it (@Learningmoments, you also had a great reply about what that could look like) so that we are not knocked off track when faced with challenges, including dealing with/learning from our own missteps as well as fluctuations that are just part of life. I am hoping I will have grown enough in this way that when I get to maintenance (not for a while yet!), I have adequately changed my habits and my thinking enough to stay there. If I was magically 50 pounds lighter tomorrow, I am not sure I could (yet!)

Last Sunday went out for restaurant lunch and saw the immediate effect of sodium that I had not noticed before.

Today I am out to plant MANY plants as the last step of our landscaping project for this year! I will definitely be aware of those muscles tomorrow!

Have a great Saturday, everyone! I appreciate this group!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    The October team chat is open! Please continue to post stats here through the end of Saturday, but go to the new month to (re)introduce yourselves, and to set goals and commitments:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900532/downsizers-team-chat-october-2023/p1?new=1
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    PW : 217.6
    CW : 216.7

STEPS:
    09/30:
    09/29: 5178
    09/28: 9048
    09/27: 7422
    09/26: 4768
    09/25: 5724
    09/24: 7151
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 181.2
    CW 181.0

I have been at this now for the last two months and this is the first time I feel like the scale is a bit stuck. I know it happens to everyone, but for those of us who are drawn to our numbers, it can unhinge our efforts. I appreciated the reminder from @Slimmersixties last week:

4 days ago i was 2.9lb down then i increased my daily water and 2lb came back! I've played this game long enough to not let it knock me off track. Down is down :)

I agree that "down is down" so I will take this without losing focus. I think this process is not only about actually losing the weight but about improving the way that we do it (@Learningmoments, you also had a great reply about what that could look like) so that we are not knocked off track when faced with challenges, including dealing with/learning from our own missteps as well as fluctuations that are just part of life. I am hoping I will have grown enough in this way that when I get to maintenance (not for a while yet!), I have adequately changed my habits and my thinking enough to stay there. If I was magically 50 pounds lighter tomorrow, I am not sure I could (yet!)

Last Sunday went out for restaurant lunch and saw the immediate effect of sodium that I had not noticed before.

Today I am out to plant MANY plants as the last step of our landscaping project for this year! I will definitely be aware of those muscles tomorrow!

Have a great Saturday, everyone! I appreciate this group!

This is a great post. When I was answering the introduction questions today, I was thinking that maintenance is not the end of our journey but a continuation. I have been on mine for almost 4 years. It’s a road with lots of bumps, twists and turns. I think as we get to each turn we learn how to adjust our habits to get through it.

Have fun with your garden. Look at all the calories you will be burning.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    PW : 217.6
    CW : 216.7

STEPS:
    09/30:
    09/29: 5178
    09/28: 9048
    09/27: 7422
    09/26: 4768
    09/25: 5724
    09/24: 7151

Nice loss
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Check in
    PW: 317
    CW: 319
    Salty dinner last night, so I'm not concerned. NSV of the week: made it through school fire drill (lots of standing around) with less discomfort than last month.

I really like how you find NSVs and this one is fantastic. Salt kills me. We are eating out tomorrow for a family breakfast. I will be retain water for a few days. I just remind myself it is not a true gain.
This discussion has been closed.